Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Beware dealing with Reefs2Go

Ambivalent homotropheus

Ambivalent homotropheus

I understand this will probably be deleted immediately In the interest of "paying" contributors, however I feel it needs to be said and if I can save even one person the hassle of dealing with this company who has no idea how business should be conducted then I have done someone else a service. After initially ordering from this company 200 dollars worth of stuff last Sunday, it was stated that my package should arrive by the end of the week. So Thursday arrives, I receive an email saying my package was shipped and I would receive further detailed instructions today. Today arrives, no package, and now my delivery has been rescheduled for tomorrow(the day of my friends wedding, and I will not be home.) I call to resolve the issue and have it sent next week, when it should have already arrived, and not only did it take them 25 minutes to answer my call but while explaining my issue the customer service rep was constantly rude and interrupting me. After saying they would have to charge me for changing the shipping details, they realize the ricordea I purchased at a specific price was like 20 over the amount allowed. Now how it takes a company 6 days, and the day of shipment, after they have collected my money, to realize I ordered more than what they allow is absolutely ridiculous and poor micro management. Not only did they not attempt to resolve anything at all to promote business in the future but they outright stated that they were just canceling my order without asking if we could find some mutual resolution. Even though I wanted the entire order cancelled at this point anyway. From a logistical standpoint this company has no idea what they're doing and don't care about the customer. Just a warning I think people should heed.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless if they are a paying sponsor or not, it is important to find out what their customer service is like. You had a bad experience and you should share it. I know when I order items online, I check reviews if I have never dealt with them before. Sometimes, experiences like yours is just a once in a while occurrence. But unless people share their experiences, we'll never know. Thanks for the feedback on this place.

AFellowReefer

Honestly, I have heard some horror stories about reefs2go. Their prices are great, but from what I have heard, quality and service are often quite poor... Never have ordered there for those reasons.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Yes pertaining to your point Elmo, you are correct research should always be done diligently beforehand and I failed on that because as I've read more about them online after all this I've found quite a few negative experiences like mine. I'm just disheartened with how some people find it appropriate to conduct business in this day and age.

Sorry to hear of your experience. Sometimes people have bad days or you may be interacting with a new employee with less experience at the time of your order. Customer service is and always should be the focus of any company. It's unfortunate you had to go through this but everyone reading your post is thankful for the feedback. Hopefully someone from reefs2go will contact you with an explanation and apology. It's wishful thinking but would be good for their customer relations. Hope you never have to go through something like this again. Best of luck with future orders and a little research prior to ordering goes a long way.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Egginis while I do agree that people have bad days and sometimes unforeseen issues arise, some of the major factors here that upset me were completely avoidable and show a fundamental lack of structural organization and business acumen. I honestly am completely baffled when companies like this stay in business, because if you have such a blatant disregard for customer service to this degree, then I'm sure it happens often. The manager did not even speak to me on the phone directly l, she had the representative mediate instead of just calling me from the location she was at (stock warehouse supposedly.) Thats how much of a s%*t they gave about accommodating me or fixing this misunderstanding.

gulfsurfer101

Good to know, I will need tons of snails and hermits when I set up my 150g, so my money will go to John maloney and reefcleaners with their A+ customer service.

I agree with you. Regardless of feelings or circumstances, a customer should never go through what you did. You seem like a very reasonable person and in no way was I siding with reefs2go. Again, I am sorry to hear about your experience and hope that a manager from Reefs2go at least reaches out and offers a better explanation, apology and maybe store credit.

Even though you will probably never shop with this company again, as an owner an manager of a company, it is what I would do.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Thanks man, and in no way was I trying to disagree or be abrasive with you at all egginis I'm sorry if that came off wrong. You are right though I won't do business with them again and more importantly I just wanted people to know how they operate, because I've been spared from terrible circumstances with companies before because my buddies looked out for me. And I don't expect any manager or supervisor there, if they exist, to contact me lol.

BeardedReeferLLC

I agree with all this, low prices tend to mirror what kind of company your dealing with "sometimes".. There is only a hand full you can trust.

Ambivalent homotropheus

I agree saltcube, gotta stick with companies who have a tradition of doing things right. It starts from the top, so if management is adept than the company thrives. This company were speaking of... Will not.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Yeah ninja... Some of their deals are so good it grabs your attention initially and lures you in. As someone else state though, usually when someone has dirt cheap prices there's a reason they are so much under market value. This is not always the case, but in this companies case, I'm sure they need dirt cheap prices to keep dealing with the massive customer turnover due to horrific one time experiences.

I ordered some rics from them and they sent me only three of them. When my order was for i think 4 of them. Emailed back and forth for almost a week, they sent out the missing ric, got it and it was DOA and melted. Emailed againg for a few more days and they finally shipped me the last ric. Was a pain in the arse...

Ambivalent homotropheus

Your screen name annoys me.

Is it because it contains the letters "homo" lol.

I ordered some rics from them and they sent me only three of them. When my order was for i think 4 of them. Emailed back and forth for almost a week, they sent out the missing ric, got it and it was DOA and melted. Emailed againg for a few more days and they finally shipped me the last ric. Was a pain in the arse...

And I'm sorry to hear that cha. Standard practice should just be to get it right the first time you'd think.

Rollermonkey

Can you explain the part about the ricordea being 20 over a price?

Were they telling you that you were trying to buy too much from them? Because that would be odd to turn away business, and it's exactly what it sounds like.

Ambivalent homotropheus

Can you explain the part about the ricordea being 20 over a price?

Were they telling you that you were trying to buy too much from them? Because that would be odd to turn away business, and it's exactly what it sounds like.

Yeah man definitely an odd way to do business. Essentially there was a deal on ricordea for like 5 dollars a piece or something like that. So I proceeded to purchase like 25 along with some other things. They took my money for the order on PayPal and everything. Then today, 6 days after the fact, they tell me that the limit for that ricordea deal was 3 rics, and that I could not have that many. Even though they took my money for a whole bunch of them and had no mechanism in place to stop the buyer from buying more than three, or anything on their site posted blatantly where you could see that rule.

Very well written. I've noticed that this company posts frequently on my local board too. Their last post was so confusing that someone figured out that they were basically giving their stuff away and the deal wasn't honored or responded to when we all figured it out....

Ambivalent homotropheus

Very well written. I've noticed that this company posts frequently on my local board too. Their last post was so confusing that someone figured out that they were basically giving their stuff away and the deal wasn't honored or responded to when we all figured it out....

Thank you sir, just trying to get the information out there so people can be careful. And what is your local forum? I'm just wondering because this company like never responds to anything on any forum I frequent. I'm dying laughing though, it's not funny but it kind of is that they would post a deal for dirt cheap or free and then not honor it at all. Doesn't surprise me at all because of how utterly ridiculous it sounds.

Ambivalent homotropheus

^^Ah, OK. That makes more sense.

How hard is it to say: "Ricordeas $5 each, limit 3 per order"

Exactly. You don't need to be a theoretical physicist to make the deal limitations clear and concise. I'm glad I'm not insane.

Lol they never even send you the corals you actually ordered and the packaging sucks but everytime they send me the wrong stuff they either send me more wrong stuff as a replacement or refund me so while not perfect i still will probably get more stuuff from them. With a little work they could be good considering the prices they could gain a much bigger market share.

Archived