SaltCritters.com

RLSS Wavelines arrived!

Premiumaq

They’re FINALLY here! The DC controllable RLSS Waveline
series, compatible with both Neptune and Digital Aquatics controllers! http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supply/rlss-pumps.html

Check out our latest newsletter here: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=dfqko5bab&v=001TTzY1hjm9Fi4l6bOxePqsgNmQvmwoQQ1eg0hiEhljnQoRz4jkZR6mzU_CniwRwbKLq0lzF5sSYrdi_01711nuXcwE1Fd7P3MS3V7AZipIQ0YyH74XrCYe_qSi1kOC6Em

• 2 months later...

I'm checking into this now, I'll get back to you ASAP!

Do you know if any modification is required to run these externally? I know the previous generation had issues with leaking.

So far, this new generation seems to have worked out the issues from the first generation of RLSS pumps. I have customers who are using these Gen 2 pumps for internal and external applications, and they find the units solid and the controlls more attuned.

fishlee: here's the word we got back on the cable:

There is no cable available yet. There will be an upgradeable controller for the RLSS pumps that will accept a 0-10v input here in the next few months, but there is no definitive time frame currently.
Rollermonkey: your response:
The container just now hit the water from china, a few weeks out.

The statement on that chart you're referring to is: Input: DC24V 1.0A (Converted AC 100-240V 50/60Hz)

It's just a confusing reprint from the original chart on RLSS' site, is all... What it actually means is that the input is 24V. That holds true for all of the models, and they draw more amperage the larger the model. (the numbers above are for the 4000. The 6000 is 2.0A, the 10000 II is 3.5A, & the 12000 is 5.5A)

The rest of that statement is that the 24V is converted from ANY AC power source, from 100V - 240V. The transformer handles that.

I'll pass along that our chart is confusing - I had to look at it twice to figure out where he'd gone wrong in reprinting it!

Hope this helps!

Did I read correctly that all new RLSS skimmers now have the next pump up from the earlier ones?

As in the R6-i now has a DC-4000 instead of the DC-3000?

I think that's correct, but let me verify for certain. At this point, I think all that's around is the previous gen... don't think the new ones have shipped yet... again, let me verify everything, and will post back ASAP.

"Out of stock" is code for 'we've already placed our order, created a SKU, listed them on the site, and are merely waiting on the shipment to arrive'.

I found the same specs you did, with each skimmer model jumping up to the new series pump, so it looks like that's the plan.

Just got an update from them today, as a matter of fact...

They contacted Jeremy today, and here's what he sent me regarding the updated schedule. "We just got word that they were delayed until the beginning of November now."

Please don't shoot the messenger, I just pass along information. We're just as frustrated about the delay as you are. We were told they were definitely on that ship! Now that they're expected within days, we get notice that they aren't.

Also, bear in mind that this is the premier product roll-out shipment for the entire industry, so the new models aren't going to be available anywhere until the next ship arrives!!!

Just in from Ops:

"We are getting 6000 and 12000 pumps about a week from now though, we got confirmation on them, they're on this first ship."

Jiminy xmas, good thing this isn't an emergency replacement.

I wouldn't exactly call it a premier product rollout since they were available earlier this year. I don't care that it's an upgraded version, I bought the old version and it should have been continuously produced until the new one was actually available.

Edited to add:

Wait. Are they on the ship? So confused...

The two types of pumps are on the ship. The skimmers are not. Sorry if I confused you.

I agree with you on the continuous production thought, though... only makes sense to continue, unless they don't have more than one line to run them.. in that case, they may not have the ability to do more as they reconfigure for the new models.

The two types of pumps are on the ship. The skimmers are not. Sorry if I confused you.

I agree with you on the continuous production thought, though... only makes sense to continue, unless they don't have more than one line to run them.. in that case, they may not have the ability to do more as they reconfigure for the new models.

Is there an estimate of when the skimmers will be available?

Apparently, the beginning of November.

Of course that could be November 14th.

Or they could be delayed again.

Too true... sorry, guys. I will let y'all know the MOMENT they arrive!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived