inTank Media Baskets

USPS error

rocksmom

I ordered a CUC package that shipped out on Monday, and should have been here today. I checked the tracking and it turns out that the local sort facility in San Diego sent it to the wrong post office for delivery. It's marked as "missent" and is currently "out for delivery" about an hour away from here. It will probably be an extra day or two now before it gets here. Any ideas if the snails will be able to make it another 24-48 hours in transit? Not sure what to do if I have DOA either since it wasn't John's fault.

*shakes fist at post office*

Most of my snails survived a 5 day travel when USPS stopped delivery for two days due to incliment weather. The large Cerths did not fare so well. John will work with you whatever the outcome.

BeardedReeferLLC

Yah I would recieve the package and give it a day then contact John. I'm sure he will understand.

Not to thread jack but, is John the guy from Reef Cleaners? I only ask because I've heard such great things about them I've been wanting to give them a shot. I hope everything gets sorted out for you.

Ok, thanks guys. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed that it comes tomorrow and not Friday since we'll be at ComicCon.

Yep , he is good people

agreed!

I have ordered from him before, and would do so again! :wub:

I'm not a fan of the usps at all. Unfortunately fedex prices are ridiculously high, usually twice as much as the usps in most cases.

Good news to report! The box came today and it looks like most of the snails made it, no thanks to the post office. Not only did they send it to the wrong place yesterday, it looks like they drove over the box.

WP_000191.jpg

John sent a ton of snails though. I know a ton of people recommend him, and you can add me to the list as well.

Good news to report! The box came today and it looks like most of the snails made it, no thanks to the post office. Not only did they send it to the wrong place yesterday, it looks like they drove over the box.

WP_000191.jpg

John sent a ton of snails though. I know a ton of people recommend him, and you can add me to the list as well.

FedEx could have done that damage, who said USPS did?

FedEx could have done that damage, who said USPS did?

Sorry, but not sure why you feel the need to defend them in this case. It was sent USPS priorty mail, incorrectly sorted by the USPS, and delivered to me by the USPS in that condition. If it happen to fly on a FedEx plane in between where the damage occured that makes no difference to the person receiving the package.

Thats the weirdest thing ive heard recently

USPS loses and smashes a package, but FedEx did it

Come again?

/facepalm

Thats the weirdest thing ive heard recently

USPS loses and smashes a package, but FedEx did it

Come again?

/facepalm

FedEx flies and handles packages for USPS. They don't have their own fleet of planes so they rely on private industry who knows how to generate a profit.

Glad everything made it. WIth how hot the weather has been pretty much everywhere, I think you're lucky you didn't end up with some escargot.

USPS is one of those necessary evil's for many businesses. Priority mail is about 1/3 the cost of UPS or Fedex 2 or 3 day even if you have their super bulk shipping discounts. With that being said, we stopped using USPS completely in our business, as they have about 100 times more problems than UPS or fedex and our customer service and reviews were suffering because of it.

Rollermonkey

Still not sure why so many threads get started to complain about shipping, instead of contacting the shippers and merchants directly. By this time, everyone should be aware that USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx, OnTrac, et al, all suck donkey balls when it comes to shipping corals, fish, tanks, etc.

johnmaloney

Sorry I just got to this, glad it arrived OK. I have to see what is going on with my NR notifications, I havent received any since the website change and I am always late to these topics.

edit - hey I think I fixed the notification setting, I didnt have the email box checked in the profle tab. Lots of new options now, very nice upgrade. I should be much quicker to respond now

Watching something go all around the country is fun. I had a car part go from Calfiornia to Portland OR, up to Seattle WA, back down to Portland, up to Seattle area again, and then down to my post office.

It could very well make a good drinking game!

Not to let UPS off the hook, here's a desk we ordered about a month ago, 21 days to delivery. Somehow they were able to give us a letter that they needed our suite number which they did have, but they couldn't deliver the desk to the suite they delivered the letter to. Gave them the address 3 times, and got 3 letters that they couldn't deliver the desk because they didn't have the suite number. How can you deliver a letter to the suite that you don't have the number for but not the package? Eventually had to drive 30 miles to the UPS hub to get the package.

i%20love%20ups.PNG

The package was also almost completely destroyed. Just by some dumb luck, it was packaged so well that the desk wasn't damaged.

Rollermonkey

My favorite FedEx story is similar: My family forgot a garment bag at home when flying to Japan for my wedding and asked a neighbor to send it to them FedEx overnight and they'd pay them back upon return to the US. The neighbor got the suitcase, threw it in a box and FedEx took the package for about $400. Needless to say the package did not arrive before the wedding despite numerous calls to FedEx in theUS and Japan, and they had to get all new formal clothes the night before the wedding. Fast forward 2-1/2 months and I get a letter from FedEx saying that if I didn't come pick up the "unclaimed" package by the 90 day mark that they would destroy it. I went to get the box and tried to refuse delivery, or have them return the package on their dime since they obviously failed to deliver on time, and they wanted to charge me $300 or so to send it back. The box looked like it had been through an industrial washing machine.

I took the suitcase to the base post office, put it in a new box, and sent it back to my parents "space available" for $20 and it got there in 4 days. :rolleyes:

Archived