Coral Vue Hydros

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No habla español. If lawn called me a bitch, sometimes ya just gotta roll with the punches.

Besides, Lawn doesnt want to mess with what I got on my side. Look at my clown's bitch face. She's killed two clowns :lol:

21766292028_c36e4b2fa2_c.jpg

This guy holds his own though

21331422324_b1a4e7b7e2_c.jpg

Oh look. Zoas!

21767256549_5cd06bdcee_c.jpg

21766286858_ef55bc79e1_c.jpg

Bringing to new page

what's the last zoa called?

Legendary corals called em rainbow hornets

Is that AIDS on the 1st set of polyps in between them??

Legendary corals called em rainbow hornets

Whats the one in the upper right corner??? Looks pretty bad ass.... for a polyp lol

Looks good, KG2! I can't believe your clown :o

My female is a real bitch - goes after me anytime my hands are in the tank to the point that she's jumped out of the water trying to attack my hand :lol: She's drawn blood twice. Crazy clowns!!

My female is a real bitch - goes after me anytime my hands are in the tank to the point that she's jumped out of the water trying to attack my hand :lol: She's drawn blood twice. Crazy clowns!!

Cuz your hands smell like pop tarts.

Is that AIDS on the 1st set of polyps in between them??

Whats the one in the upper right corner??? Looks pretty bad ass.... for a polyp lol

I thought the same thing when I looked at the picture. Went and inspected but no it's just some hair algae. Already pulled it out.

Top right is petroglyphs.

Hey kyle, do you have the Bluefish controller or the Storm on your Nanobox?

I've got the storm on the duo that I'm currently using. Then the bluefish on my hybrid that is not in use.

Mine does the same! Never drawn blood though
jedimasterben

I've got the storm on the duo that I'm currently using. Then the bluefish on my hybrid that is not in use.

You can just remove the connector to the storm and put it on the Bluefish and have wifi control. Then when you go to take photos, just set it to 'photo mode' and it will turn the lights up to your photo mode settings (i have mine at 100% on all channels) so you can get the most light to the lens and take the best pics :)

You can just remove the connector to the storm and put it on the Bluefish and have wifi control. Then when you go to take photos, just set it to 'photo mode' and it will turn the lights up to your photo mode settings (i have mine at 100% on all channels) so you can get the most light to the lens and take the best pics :)

without looking at them, doesn't the duo have a 2 prong connector and the hybrid have 3? Would that not matter for the bluefish?
jedimasterben

without looking at them, doesn't the duo have a 2 prong connector and the hybrid have 3? Would that not matter for the bluefish?

Depends on how many channels your Duo has and how many the Hybrid has, but the BF Mini still has six PWM channels no matter what. Just take the connector out of the Storm, and put it into the 2nd and 3rd pin from the left, same orientation, so it would look like this on the BF mini:

O-X-X-O-O-O-O

O-X-X-O-O-O-O

Depends on how many channels your Duo has and how many the Hybrid has, but the BF Mini still has six PWM channels no matter what. Just take the connector out of the Storm, and put it into the 2nd and 3rd pin from the left, same orientation, so it would look like this on the BF mini:

O-X-X-O-O-O-O

O-X-X-O-O-O-O

Hmm good to know! Thanks. So what's a good length of time to be running my duo? I have a lingering feeling that I'm running it too long. I know you're always talking about saturation and inhibition so figures who better to ask!
jedimasterben

Hmm good to know! Thanks. So what's a good length of time to be running my duo? I have a lingering feeling that I'm running it too long. I know you're always talking about saturation and inhibition so figures who better to ask!

About 12 hours is optimal. Most reefs very from 11.5-12.5 hours over the course of a year.

About 12 hours is optimal. Most reefs very from 11.5-12.5 hours over the course of a year.

Is it not also true tho that our lights often provide higher par then most receive in the wild allowing you to shorten that time frame significantly? Thought I read that somewhere.... I've always ran my lights 7-8hrs without any issue, and significantly improved color ( especially compared to wild arrival) along with good growth on sps dominated tanks even.

• 2 weeks later...

What did you get?

yeah, spill it.

A little of this, little of that :) two chalices and two sticks. I think that's it. Most excited for this one

5250CA10-E8D8-4E6D-828B-594D464FA90D.jpg

Very nice man

Thanks! How's those frags doing for ya?

Glenn has some amazing stuff. I don't know how people haven't abandoned the name game yet and just buy things as colorful and beautiful as that.

Archived