Top Shelf Aquatics

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

NorthGaHillbilly

Really like that you went with more T5s over the LEDs. Looking forward to seeing how it does for you

It's gorgeous. :happydance: over here

C267B2F9-1E3C-4A25-AE12-11289CA50709.jpg

9A361336-2EE4-4532-9509-5B1CA43F42B1.jpg

Bottom right I believe are white velvets. With more white lights the skirts aren't so blue but the deep purple center is awesome

Blinded by the light

DA2E8A4A-B0CF-4B0B-9DA1-DE0CE755F217.jpg

C37449A4-1270-4C9B-B58C-B37EC83E06E1.jpg

Oh at least a week or two from now :)
This guy!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like that you went with more T5s over the LEDs. Looking forward to seeing how it does for you

Yea I felt that t5 would be a nice change from the all LED lights I've had in the past but the LED supplement would allow for the windex color that I like from time to time. We'll see how the tank reacts. Have a feeling I'm going to have to hang this much higher than my existing light so I don't burn all the corals lol. How high is your light off your tank?

NorthGaHillbilly

Yea I felt that t5 would be a nice change from the all LED lights I've had in the past but the LED supplement would allow for the windex color that I like from time to time. We'll see how the tank reacts. Have a feeling I'm going to have to hang this much higher than my existing light so I don't burn all the corals lol. How high is your light off your tank?

Gatta love that windex, I have no shame in it :D

Ive got my light ~15" above the tank, so ~25 inches from the light to the bottom of the tank. I have the T5s on two channels, with a B+ and actinic running for a good while, a B+ and a coral+ for only a few hours, and the LEDs finishing up the day. Sloppy schedule, but its workin

HarryPotter

Nice fixture!

I'm wondering why you only had NanoBox put in two LED pucks. Why not 4, if you are buying the drivers/controllers already?

Gatta love that windex, I have no shame in it :D

Ive got my light ~15" above the tank, so ~25 inches from the light to the bottom of the tank. I have the T5s on two channels, with a B+ and actinic running for a good while, a B+ and a coral+ for only a few hours, and the LEDs finishing up the day. Sloppy schedule, but its workin

So you never have all 4 t5's going at the same time? Or those "few hours" are all 4 bulbs? I like your schedule times. Nice change from sunrise morning midday afternoon night sunset :lol:

Yea my current light is 9" off the top so 21" from the bottom of the tank. Probably will hang this just a bit higher

Nice fixture!

I'm wondering why you only had NanoBox put in two LED pucks. Why not 4, if you are buying the drivers/controllers already?

Thanks. Mainly just didn't see a need to justify the extra cost. Planing for the LED to be more supplemental to the t5 rather than the other way around so didnt make sense to get 4 pucks. at least that was my thought rationale

NorthGaHillbilly

So you never have all 4 t5's going at the same time? Or those "few hours" are all 4 bulbs? I like your schedule times. Nice change from sunrise morning midday afternoon night sunset :lol:

Yea my current light is 9" off the top so 21" from the bottom of the tank. Probably will hang this just a bit higher

Thanks. Mainly just didn't see a need to justify the extra cost. Planing for the LED to be more supplemental to the t5 rather than the other way around so didnt make sense to get 4 pucks. at least that was my thought rationale

All 4 are indeed in those few hours, Ive got the LEDs cranked up some now, so every few days I turn the C+ T5s not to come on at all, 90% of the corals could care less, but the meats are cranky.

Diggin your approach. I think T5s are better higher in the spectrum than LEDs, just my opinion from looking at others tanks and graphs, but LEDs give a pop to LPS and zoas that cant be rivalled

Dang. I really want to upgrade my biocube to a bigger tank for one of these beauties... I'm really "hooked" on this hobby now!!

jedimasterben

I think T5s are better higher in the spectrum than LEDs, just my opinion from looking at others tanks and graphs, but LEDs give a pop to LPS and zoas that cant be rivalled

Yep, most arrays use really bad white LEDs that have almost no red and basically no green, so there is nothing to give the coral color.

Nanofreak79

That light is boss Kyle. I added T5's to my razor....love it and so do the corals. Nice grabs from the live sale. I have some stuff coming from LC this week. I'd like to see your sump and all that down below, not sure if you have.? I've been gone a bit.

Dang. I really want to upgrade my biocube to a bigger tank for one of these beauties... I'm really "hooked" on this hobby now!!

It truly is addicting. But awesome

Nice light

Why thank you :)

That light is boss Kyle. I added T5's to my razor....love it and so do the corals. Nice grabs from the live sale. I have some stuff coming from LC this week. I'd like to see your sump and all that down below, not sure if you have.? I've been gone a bit.

I'll try and grab a few pics of the sump area tomorrow. Just running some filter floss, skimmer and a GFO reactor with no GFO in it at the moment. Orders from LC are always exciting

These may be the last pictures taken under all LED's

18183587235_bf6176dd76_b.jpg

18184739231_175edf2209_b.jpg

17995867440_eaee48580d_b.jpg

The might have the longest skirts I've ever seen on a paly. Top right also appears to have a double mouth

18184740261_6acc13a873_b.jpg

17995698618_6303254e30_b.jpg

18183576515_2b3d41839e_b.jpg

Noticing some color coming back in my PC rainbow stick. Getting a little green in the tips. What have I changed? I stopped caring about the tank and turned off the skimmer. I've probablu looked at the tank a total of one hour the past werk. Skimmer has been off a week now, maybe I did have too low of nutrients?

Noticing some color coming back in my PC rainbow stick. Getting a little green in the tips. What have I changed? I stopped caring about the tank and turned off the skimmer. I've probablu looked at the tank a total of one hour the past werk. Skimmer has been off a week now, maybe I did have too low of nutrients?

Mine does best when I firget about it.
NorthGaHillbilly

I havent checked my alk in a few months, have film algae everywhere, but my coral's colors are out of sight, and grown has quickly picked up, win some loose some

Mine does best when I firget about it.

I'm adopting that approach now

I havent checked my alk in a few months, have film algae everywhere, but my coral's colors are out of sight, and grown has quickly picked up, win some loose some

Basically what my tank is doing. Try so hard to get things right then when you stop trying everything looks great. :lol:

Oh. Still haven't hung the new Nanobox hybrid. Still sitting in the box actually.

Nanofreak79

Get that light up! I want to see it over the tank. It's amazing how happy your corals get when you add a little T5.

Pretty good I guess. How about you?

Going good. Been way too busy. Getting my fat ass on a diet plan this week :lol: Let my weight drift a bit too high for my liking. Gonna try an intermittent fasting diet. I think you've mentioned them before. Basically no food from 8pm to 10am the next day.

Going good. Been way too busy. Getting my fat ass on a diet plan this week :lol: Let my weight drift a bit too high for my liking. Gonna try an intermittent fasting diet. I think you've mentioned them before. Basically no food from 8pm to 10am the next day.

Does that work? I'm trying to lose a few by eating better and have done so for 3 weeks now. I've gained 3 pounds... :'(

Archived