Cultivated Reef

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to put my best buddy down one night, completely unexpected,,,,he was only 5. My Wife and I were engaged and I was spending more and more time away. He got me through some really shitty times. It was almost like his job was done, and I was going to be OK....so he had to go.

Sweet dreams, Sugar.

Chin up, Kevin!

:( Hope you're doing the best you can buddy.

Poor pup. Hope you're doing ok, I'm sure its not easy.

Sorry :(

My condolences to you Kyle. I've been through the same thing with two of my past dogs, and I know it's tough. Please check your messages.

So sorry, Kyle :grouphug:

Sorry for your loss. :(

My hearts breaking for you man.

I had to put my best buddy down one night, completely unexpected,,,,he was only 5. My Wife and I were engaged and I was spending more and more time away. He got me through some really shitty times. It was almost like his job was done, and I was going to be OK....so he had to go.

Sweet dreams, Sugar.

Chin up, Kevin!

I'm sorry to hear :(.

Damn sorry to hear Kyle. :(

Thanks everyone. Been a rough couple days. It's still so damn quiet when I get home, not sure if I'll ever get used to that. To give a few more details, her condition worsened beyond quickly, and she was struggling to breath and walk Monday/Tuesday. We made the decision Monday night that it was best to put her down. Her last moments were spent in the arms of my fiancé, who adopted her 12 years ago when Sugar was only 4 months old. As much as it hurts it makes me so happy to know she's no longer suffering. Thanks again for all the thoughts :)

How is the tank doing K and are you ready for the big day?

Tank is just chugging along being ignored. Doing a water change tonight, then moving it this weekend or Monday after work we'll see.

If my big day you mean the move, we're getting there!

D6BB801D-DFB6-4B4B-ACE4-6B93E48133B4.jpg

If you mean wedding, I'm all ready!

Apartment moved. Tank is still at old apartment and will be moving it on Wednesday. Damn I tired. And the Seahawks had to blow the super bowl to end the day. Need sleep :lol:

Apartment moved. Tank is still at old apartment and will be moving it on Wednesday. Damn I tired. And the Seahawks had to blow the super bowl to end the day. Need sleep :lol:

How the hell do you count the apartment as being moved when the tank isn't there :huh:

How the hell do you count the apartment as being moved when the tank isn't there :huh:

Cuz I'm sleeping in a different place, but in my own bed! The tank is just sleeping over at a friends for a day or so :lol:

Tank move begins in an hour. Oh joy! :rolleyes:

:lol: you got help? Even though I like to do it myself.

Can't wait to see the new digs that pic you posted looked nice.

:lol: you got help? Even though I like to do it myself. Can't wait to see the new digs that pic you posted looked nice.

Got help to move the tank and stand, but I'm doing all the fish/coral removal and such. New place needs to be cleaned then we'll get some pics.

Get plenty of coffee before you start.....you know there's no breaks until your done.

Haven't had coffee all week. Ahh!

Heading to old apartment now. Be done in about 4883 hours :lol:

Got help to move the tank and stand, but I'm doing all the fish/coral removal and such. New place needs to be cleaned then we'll get some pics.

Haven't had coffee all week. Ahh!

Heading to old apartment now. Be done in about 4883 hours :lol:

Be sure to take pictures of the nasty sandbed aka litter pan.

So did everything go ok?

It's a work in progress. Only set up half the tank tonight, no sump it overflow at all. Got all the rock and coral moved without a hitch though. Go to turn on my vortech, damn ring flashes red. Not sure what that means how what happened. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Oh. And still have to add sand, sorry to disappoint Lawn

Got the light up. Kinda liking this no sand look....

16266886930_77bec82b62_c.jpg

16428318926_5233a1be6d_c.jpg

I think like 2 weeks ago this started showing a little green. It's since exploded to become all green

15831796674_53dda5b622_c.jpg

Got the light up. Kinda liking this no sand look....16266886930_77bec82b62_c.jpg16428318926_5233a1be6d_c.jpg

I think like 2 weeks ago this started showing a little green. It's since exploded to become all green 15831796674_53dda5b622_c.jpg

hell yes looks awesome with no sand. That first pic is banging man :wub:

Archived