inTank Media Baskets

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

You did this tank justice all right with these pix! Great shots you captured buddy! Man i'm really liking how this cubey is coming out. Real slick/clean looking.

Great choices of colors on that light btw! Those are colors only a winner would pik!

Thanks man! Once I get the bryopsis killed off in the other tank some of the fancy corals will be moving over to this one to make it look even better!

New addition :)

14750461081_3be53d1b62_c.jpg

Hungry acan!

14773493443_f1f5a4db00_c.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking real good Kyle. You going to keep both tanks going?

As of July 26th yes :lol: It'll at least be up for 3-4 weeks to let the tech m run its course on the algae. Then I'll see how I feel. I don't want to bring anything with bryopsis to the new tank thats for sure

Looking good Kyle. I forgot did you tell me where that chalice came from? Just spent 280 on ebay buying polyps :wacko: ugh

Got it from Gonzo a few months ago. Who'd you buy from??

What's good in the hood Kyle?

Nada. Just spending all my time with school stuff. Graduate my MBA program a week from Friday :)

Nada. Just spending all my time with school stuff. Graduate my MBA program a week from Friday :)

Awesome, congrats man!

Awesome, congrats man!

Thank you! Then I can make more money to spend on coral right?! :lol: actually kidding on that one.

I should be blasting this acro (frogskin?) with light correct?

Thank you! Then I can make more money to spend on coral right?! :lol: actually kidding on that one.

I should be blasting this acro (frogskin?) with light correct?

You need to slow down actually. I'm having a hard time keeping up with your demands!!!

Yeah, the tank that frag originally came from was absolutely blasted with light, and it was kept under the 400w side of my sps tank. Just keep a close eye on it and if it starts to fade then lower the intensity of the light.

You need to slow down actually. I'm having a hard time keeping up with your demands!!! Yeah, the tank that frag originally came from was absolutely blasted with light, and it was kept under the 400w side of my sps tank. Just keep a close eye on it and if it starts to fade then lower the intensity of the light.

I'll slow down for a bit..... :D And cool. Its not at the highest point in my tank but it is directly under the light so I can move it up if need be, and raise the light intensity obviously.

Is it holding it's color now?

I can tell its losing the bright green through the base, and is only super bright right on the tips. My little experience with SPS makes me think its not getting enough light.

I can tell its losing the bright green through the base, and is only super bright right on the tips. My little experience with SPS makes me think I will buy more LPS.
Fixed that for you ;).

I can tell its losing the bright green through the base, and is only super bright right on the tips. My little experience with SPS makes me think its not getting enough light.

Can you get a pic? That's why I'm not a huge fan of LED's, they're too focused. IME with LED's they tops of the corals (SPS) will look fantastic while anywhere that isn't getting hit with light directly will brown out and die off. I know it's been done a thousand times, and I'm not trying to open a can of worms about LED's, that has just been my experience.

Nice new additions, I love that chalice :wub: .

Thanks! I'm interested to see what this one ends up looking like. I know I was blasting it with too much light in the other tank so I wonder if it will morph on me at all.

Can you get a pic? That's why I'm not a huge fan of LED's, they're too focused. IME with LED's they tops of the corals (SPS) will look fantastic while anywhere that isn't getting hit with light directly will brown out and die off. I know it's been done a thousand times, and I'm not trying to open a can of worms about LED's, that has just been my experience.

I'll have to get a pic tomorrow. Lights are off. That would make sense though since its definitely the underside that is losing the green and the tops that are keeping it.

Archived