Coral Vue Hydros

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Hello all,

Current FTS : Retired 10/4

14900758322_1dc4647aa8_b.jpg

FTS 11/27/14 Tank 2

Thanksgiving Day Pictures.... yay blue LED's :)

15895091162_e933502f1b_z.jpg

Tank V2:

Went from a 20gal high to a 30gal cube. First tank was started August of 2013 I believe. Cube October of 2014.

Tank: Deep Blue 30 Cube

Lighting: Nanobox Duo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a couple potential scapes. Obviously I want some sort of arch.

null-5.jpg

null-6.jpg

I think I like the second one better but not sure yet.

I like the second scape better as well. Excellent power head choice of the vortech mp10 for water movement. If you have the funds I suggest the battery backup. It came in very handy during power outages in my area. Keep the updates coming.

Ditto on the 2nd one better but I don't understand how they won't fall over being so high? How do you secure them?

So far they aren't secured just resting on top of each other. I need to find a good epoxy/putty material to actually make sure they won't fall over

Coming along, slowly but surely. I'm moving houses in about 10 days ( tank is in new house so it doesn't need to be moved) which means not much progress will be made until then. Hoping to place my final equipment order soon after that then get the tank wet! The scape picture above is the most recent I have but I could take one with the stand and everything in view.

EDIT: Scrap everything about when I'm placing orders and what not. Got antsy and went ahead and ordered by Razor 120W, along with some filter media, some epoxy, and miscellaneous items I still needed. Looks like I'll have a busy weekend filled with lots of toys to set up! :D

In the meantime, since everyone loves a cute dog picture, heres what she thought of the packing peanuts when the rock came in.

1069212_4840340541233_878412216_n-1.jpg

So I received my AC 70 Media Basket from InTank today as well as the value pack of filter floss. Freaking sweet! Tomorrow I should be receiving my Maxspect Razor and then next week some more miscellaneous stuff.

Getting excited to get things rolling!

Sounds good and the anticipation seems to be killing you. Your dog is really cute and does not seem camera shy at all.

Sweet setup. Make sure you leave enough clearance for a magfloat to clear the rock.

Good call ZX6Reefer. It can be very difficult and frustrating to clean the glass if you do not leave that clearance from glass to rock work. When starting a new aquarium we focus on issues such as lighting, filtration, and on what livestock we are going to be adding. The little things sometimes get overlooked.

Sweet setup. Make sure you leave enough clearance for a magfloat to clear the rock.

Good call ZX6Reefer. It can be very difficult and frustrating to clean the glass if you do not leave that clearance from glass to rock work. When starting a new aquarium we focus on issues such as lighting, filtration, and on what livestock we are going to be adding. The little things sometimes get overlooked.

I've got a vertex double cleaner in there that fits on all sides so unless that fails to clean the glass I should be ok on that. Definite thanks for the heads up. It's always the little things that can be the most trouble or annoying!

We have water!

null-18.jpg

Now just searching for a local store selling ammonia to get this cycle started.

And water movement! Your corals will love the flow.

And water movement! Your corals will love the flow.

The maxijet is temporary, being used to mix the salt in the tank but hopefully won't be needed(for aesthetic reasons!)

The maxijet is temporary, being used to mix the salt in the tank but hopefully won't be needed(for aesthetic reasons!)

That makes sense since it would have been very difficult to hide it with rock and coral. Looking forward to some updates.

Archived