Innovative Marine Aquariums

Brad's 90 gallon mixed reef

Starkeyb

Been awhile...sorry. New light has been working fine. I accidentally fried my UV leds so I will have to redo that at some point. The few corals I have are happy. I've been putting a lot of time and money into this led project and I am frustrated that my tank is not very well stocked so I'm gona try to add a few pieces every few weeks now that the light is up and running

20131218_194432_zps1301b09d.jpg

20131218_194139_zpsec4d19cc.jpg

The LEDs are looking great brad!

Thanks Dude! It was a lot more work then I thought but Im happy with the final product. If I had to do it all over again I would just buy 2 Kessil a360s...

Heres a better pic of the fixture. The 3 cooling fans seem to be way overkill for cooling. I might take one off of them off.

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/jeep303/media/90%20gallon%20reef/IMG_5480_zps8d6bd71c.jpg.html'>IMG_5480_zps8d6bd71c.jpg

• 6 months later...

Decided to take a new picture of my tank today. I realized from looking back at this thread that my tank is a year old this week!

IMG_3723_zps58fe5e80.jpg

My LED set up is working fine. Apex fusion finally has the wizard working for the variable voltage outlets so that's fun. I've had a couple setbacks. I had as issue with high alkalinity while running biopelets. My water was around 13dkh. Now I keep it at around 8.5dkh and things are much better. I switched from RSCP salt to the regular Red Sea salt to help. I lost a couple stony corals from this, and couple are getting healthy again. My other problem is my clown fish...hes an aggressive little punk. He has killed a flame angel and a clown tang. My chromis aren't really bothered by him.

I'm in the planning stages of a anemone tank so I can relocate the clown. I have a 20 tall sitting around that I was going to use, but now I'm thinking about a 18" cube. I don't know what I'm going to do yet but I do know that clown is getting evicted from the 90.

Archived