Top Shelf Aquatics

Tamberav's Mantis Mayhem - 45g SPS Cuboid build

Tamberav

Sweet mantis, I always wanted to get one.

Than you! They are awesome, way cooler than fish :o !!! Time for you to do a mantis nano ;) ;)

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's ivy today? :)

Happy girl because she just got fed earlier :)

She is next to my computer so she is always watching me. I really need to order some more rock but it is out of stock. She made herself a "rock garden" around the entrance of her cave and so far she is best buds with the damsel.

Still think the damsel is gonna be a goner....I want to split my fish into two tanks but I think my firefish would get eaten and my clown would be too slow.

Still think the damsel is gonna be a goner....I want to split my fish into two tanks but I think my firefish would get eaten and my clown would be too slow.

Yeah, her eating the damsel is a real possibility. Right now, it is like the damsel doesn't even exist to her. Well except the one time I accidentally scared her when I flipped on the lights and she used the damsel as a spring board to launch herself up the rocks.

I want to add my mis-bar clownfish but I think she might be too stupid. lol Clownfish just arn't too bright. The damsel has enough sense that when the mantis moves, he counter moves to make sure he has an escape just incase.

at least she didn't end up on the floor... Imagine chasing a mantis... How the hell would you pick it up? Quick to the kitchen for oven mitts! Lol

at least she didn't end up on the floor... Imagine chasing a mantis... How the hell would you pick it up? Quick to the kitchen for oven mitts! Lol

LOL! I'm pretty crazy, I would prob grab a mantis off the floor with my bare hands and just grimace hoping I didn't get punched.

I really need a mantis tank-or maybe i'll just put a super small species of mantis in my tank,hmmmmmmm

Dooo itt! Mantises for everyone!

just not sure where to find a small mantis-like 1.5" max size

special request to sealifeinc but it will grow :scarry::eek:

Set up a pico!

Christine@PYA

just not sure where to find a small mantis-like 1.5" max size

Most will grow pretty big. I can find you a small viridis probably but they get big anyway. Good news is that they're spearers and won't break a tank! haha

Cool set-up! Mantis are my fave and I always keep at least one at the store. We have a big female peacock ATM in a deep-sand bed sump. Is your tank a glass tank?

Most will grow pretty big. I can find you a small viridis probably but they get big anyway. Good news is that they're spearers and won't break a tank! haha

Cool set-up! Mantis are my fave and I always keep at least one at the store. We have a big female peacock ATM in a deep-sand bed sump. Is your tank a glass tank?

Thanks :) Yeah it is a glass tank but I lined the bottom with acrylic. From what I understand they only break tanks when in too small of ones or when digging or teased. I lined the bottom with acrylic to fix the digging issue.

Christine@PYA

Thanks :) Yeah it is a glass tank but I lined the bottom with acrylic. From what I understand they only break tanks when in too small of ones or when digging or teased. I lined the bottom with acrylic to fix the digging issue.

OOO Still scary for me. Nobody wants a tank leak! But it's still cool that you built a whole tank just for her. (: Updated pic of the tank?

OOO Still scary for me. Nobody wants a tank leak! But it's still cool that you built a whole tank just for her. (: Updated pic of the tank?

I could imagine it happening with a big peacock if a snail was crawling on the glass :o

I will get an updated pic soon :) Just finally got some more rock in it today so letting everything settle.

Also welcome to nano-reef!

Do you have a mantis tank?

Christine@PYA

I could imagine it happening with a big peacock if a snail was crawling on the glass :o

I will get an updated pic soon :) Just finally got some more rock in it today so letting everything settle.

Also welcome to nano-reef!

Do you have a mantis tank?

I have a large female peacock in my Eshopps RS-75 Sump right now. Got a deep sand bed in there for her and a couple pieces of live rock. She has moved everything around & made her own special burrow & always comes up to me when I walk towards the tank. ;)

As a store owner, I always try to stock at least one or two mantis at the store. I usually bring in anything that I personally like, so it could range from baby G. Ternatensis to GIANT Zebra Mantis, depending on my mood. The peacock is my pet, though. Hehe. Thanks for the welcome to NR!

I have a large female peacock in my Eshopps RS-75 Sump right now. Got a deep sand bed in there for her and a couple pieces of live rock. She has moved everything around & made her own special burrow & always comes up to me when I walk towards the tank. ;)

As a store owner, I always try to stock at least one or two mantis at the store. I usually bring in anything that I personally like, so it could range from baby G. Ternatensis to GIANT Zebra Mantis, depending on my mood. The peacock is my pet, though. Hehe. Thanks for the welcome to NR!

Thats so cool! I wish I had a LFS that kept cool things but they are very boring and generic. Always yellow tangs, normal clownfish and yellow-tail damsels. Never even seen anything like flasher wrasse's in the stores here. Petco has better selection :o

I managed to snag this small peacock off bluezoo by having it on my watch list though :)

Added my mis-bar clownfish a few days ago... the damsel is terrified of him lol. I did not expect that! Ivy was curious and was swimming up to the clown but didn't attack. So far I have not woken up to any missing fish.

I also added more rock and Ivy was busy last night as I woke up to tons of new tunnel entrances. She has a little maze going on where she can dive in a hole on 1 end of the tank and pop out on the opposite end. Going to add more rubble as she has used most of it up.

Wow, that mantis must've cost you a fortune!!

$70 plus I got a second free mantis out of it. lol They wanted $130 for the large one.. ya right! Small pls!

Lolol I see. Yeah small is always better.

How did you get a free mantis?

I ordered the peacock online and they sent me the wrong mantis (the blue one/purple spot). When I informed them of the mistake, they sent me the peacock the next day.

Archived