Pod Your Reef

Typhon LED Controller Enclosures

YankeePete

After endless requests since we started making tank components here is our new Typhon LED Controller Enclosure. This is built around the newer(longer button) Typhon build. Our enclosure is CNC machined and has a simple snap together fit requiring no tools to assemble. It also has 2 countersink mounting pads. It is available in black, white, beige and gray ABS plastic as well as clear and frosted acrylic. Pricing for Nano-Reef members will be $20 shipped to your front door(USA address). Here are a couple quick pictures of the black, white and frosted acrylic versions.

http://s53.photobucket.com/user/TimWiltse/media/FrostedBox_zps2d302e23.jpg.html'>FrostedBox_zps2d302e23.jpg

http://s53.photobucket.com/user/TimWiltse/media/TyphonBox_zpsec94301a.jpg.html'>TyphonBox_zpsec94301a.jpg

All I would need is a Dim4 board to design around. If someone sent us their board to use to design around we would be grateful and send them a free box with their board.

How long would you need it for? I'm using mine to light my fuge but could probably use something else for a while. One added complication with the Dim4. It can be used as a controller but also as a driver. If using as a driver, you need forced cooling. I am using a 40mm computer fan. I think there would need to be the ability to attach a small fan for reefers using the Dim4 as a driver. Is this workable?

How long would you need it for? I'm using mine to light my fuge but could probably use something else for a while. One added complication with the Dim4. It can be used as a controller but also as a driver. If using as a driver, you need forced cooling. I am using a 40mm computer fan. I think there would need to be the ability to attach a small fan for reefers using the Dim4 as a driver. Is this workable?

Adding a fan would not be a complication, very doable and would not be a problem at all. I would need the board for a week tops.

BattleAthletics

All I would need is a Dim4 board to design around. If someone sent us their board to use to design around we would be grateful and send them a free box with their board.

Why not ask milan for one?

He's the LEDGroupbuy guy, screen name is Milad, I think.

If you like, I will set up an alternative fuge light and can send you my Dim4. Let me know!

He's the LEDGroupbuy guy, screen name is Milad, I think.

If you like, I will set up an alternative fuge light and can send you my Dim4. Let me know!

I'm game if you are! I'll send you a P.M.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived