llama roadkill

Which RO/DI?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which RO/DI System?

• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

I like the idea of a removable background now.. lol

Something like this looks pretty sweet to flip over when you get bored of one color:

blue-sea-night-sea-aquarium-background.j

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why wouldnt you want a smooth surface to put a bulk head on?

also why the #### are you splitting hairs you assblasted 12 year old. "m-m-muh blue"

its a picture you dimwit, of course its not going to show to scale.

again splitting hairs, stay mad. my tanks look way better then yours ever could.

Talk about someone being butthurt lol

If you #### up the paint that bad from drilling it after painting it you wouldn't have a smooth surface either way as you would have ####ed the glass up just as bad if not worse lol

Even in person a blue background looks like it is deeper, bigger and brighter then a black background.

Something like this looks pretty sweet to flip over when you get bored of one color:

You wouldn't be able to just flip it over with the plumbing in place without....

1. a center overflow.

2. taking the plumbing apart to remove, flip and replace it.... or cutting a line from top to bottom of plumbing...... and a center overflow.

3. If you don't follow 1 and 2 you will see the holes from the "other flip side"

Talk about someone being butthurt lol

If you #### up the paint that bad from drilling it after painting it you wouldn't have a smooth surface either way as you would have ####ed the glass up just as bad if not worse lol

Even in person a blue background looks like it is deeper, bigger and brighter then a black background.

You wouldn't be able to just flip it over with the plumbing in place without....

1. a center overflow.

2. taking the plumbing apart to remove, flip and replace it.... or cutting a line from top to bottom of plumbing...... and a center overflow.

3. If you don't follow 1 and 2 you will see the holes from the "other flip side"

Just buy two. You're being too literal. :P

Just buy two. You're being too literal. :P

I was just letting you and the op know that it wouldn't be a simple just flip it over without those points. I feel the need to be so literal so simple minded folk don't get to confused when it doesn't work as simply as it seems it may lol

In my perfect world I would have a tank viewable from both sides then black or blue wouldn't much matter.

furniture-modish-built-in-fish-tank-as-m

tumblr_m8cdja6Nqr1ropo5x.jpg

I was just letting you and the op know that it wouldn't be a simple just flip it over without those points. I feel the need to be so literal so simple minded folk don't get to confused when it doesn't work as simply as it seems it may lol

Well I had to drill and plumb my tank myself with no experience, no help and simple hand tools. I hope I can figure out a background... :slap:

devilsadvocate

180g Black background..... dark, appears smaller then it is and blah:

DSCN0836.jpg

And a tank only crop shot of the 70g:

4da2b7ce-9aea-4ad6-b3ae-f55b948e895b_zps

your basing your entire argument on 2d perception, of course those two tanks are going to look exactly the same if you crop them the same and provide no scaling. irl you would be able to tell the difference between a 180 and a 70.

your basing your entire argument on 2d perception, of course those two tanks are going to look exactly the same if you crop them the same and provide no scaling. irl you would be able to tell the difference between a 180 and a 70.

In the real world the 18" deep 70g looks as deep as the 2' deep 180g with black background... I know, I have seen them together ;)

Also, the crop would effect the width appearance at most... but not the depth as far as a 2D comparison goes ;) I bet you can't tell the difference between a victoria secret model and a lane bryant model based on a same sized picture either huh?? LOL

But ok, since the crop is the big problem, if I crop a pic of my old 14g will you not be able to tell the difference between that and either of the previous tanks too then???? LOL

Actually here is a pic of my old 75g when I was 1st getting into the hobby that had a black background that I never scraped or cleaned.....

bc71a115-569c-4cbd-8472-3aadb8e28475.jpg

The 70g:

And now my 14g cropped:

DSCN1130.jpg

and for shits and giggles the 180 again:

DSCN0836.jpg

While we are at here my 1st 15 or 20H with no background and hob filters LOL:

100_1137.jpg

Man that and my 14g look just as big as the 180, well actually bigger huh cuz the pics are bigger LOL

That's exactly what mine is. I have a pvc overflow so no plumbing to fiddle with. Slide it in, slide it out.

llama roadkill
That's exactly what mine is. I have a pvc overflow so no plumbing to fiddle with. Slide it in, slide it out.

I...can't...resist...

e91613aa8d5ad7659641e9d40ec6ece9_zps917a

Anyway...I may do it black...or blue...I'll compare! :)

TY for doing a corner overflow...the overflows in the middle just look dumb.

Easy to compare:

Black: Hides things

Blue: Apparently makes your dick look bigger

TY for doing a corner overflow...the overflows in the middle just look dumb.

Easy to compare:

Black: Hides things

Blue: Apparently makes your dick look bigger

That explains why your mom always put you in blue jeans.... :lol:

Your only kidding yourselves if you think black hides anything other then the overflow box (which can be covered in coral, or rock) and return pipe (which really shouldn't be in your way viewing wise anyway) wires (which I prefer to keep out of the tank as much as possible anyway). Yes, black makes things blend into it more... your scape included which makes the tank look smaller and darker then it does anything else.

If your so easily distracted by those things you "need to hide", your real problem is not enough fish/coral to look at ;)

llama roadkill

That explains why your mom always put you in blue jeans.... :lol:

e8ec9bca7ebea10c929ab754f2c707b6_zps959e

If your so easily distracted by those things you "need to hide", your real problem is not enough fish/coral to look at ;)

Not everyone is able to go out to the store and buy $8000 worth of fish on a whim.

I think black MAY be better. Tam's is black, right?

Not everyone is able to go out to the store and buy $8000 worth of fish on a whim.

I had nowhere near 8k into fish and coral in my tank and when looking at the tank in person sure I can see the box but it doesn't distract me or take away from my viewing pleasure because I had alot of cooler shit to look at.

You don't need $8000 worth of fish/coral to not be distracted by some little shit. Put a couple decent but cheap frags on it (some basic old school z/ps like watermelons/ dragon eyes etc., or quick growing encrusting coral like a superman, rainbow, purple haze monti) and in a few months-yr it will be covered in a decent looking coral.... your overflow box is removable so you could even take it off and put it on your next tank still.

Look into a magnetic rock from The Alternative Reef (I was going to mount mine on the face of my overflow but the piece of acrylic I had to work with was to short for the mag mounts), you could put that on the side glass and put corals on that that could block the black box..... if you use a little creativity you can have a great looking tank without a black background like all the lame asses that are afraid to live a little ;) Had my tank not sprung a leak in time you would have never seen the overflow box because I had 10 different acros infront of it and 3 mounted directly on it (was going to add more but yeah....)

I already posted pictures of my Coraline growth on pg 99 if it bothers you so much.

I don't really care my black background looks like crap to you because I am not trying to please you. You can't see my awesome coralline because that black background is hiding it so well. Hell yeah!

OMG LOOK AT ALL THE GHA... no wait I guess the damsel must have ate it all :D

I think its funny you think I am mad.... your the one with your panties all twisted lol

I think your tank looks like crap with the black background, I wish I could have gotten my hands on some blue acrylic at the time I would have definitely made the box blue too. I don't like black it makes the tank look small and dark.

BTW, this isn't coraline growth,

iPvvhGwpa4IXk.jpg

its coraline specks

It ate GHA off a frag that CAME with GHA on it. Like, are you serious right now? You're this mad?

I don't like blue. Get over it. Not everyone has to agree with you. I think the black box looks like crap on top of the blue. I also like corner overflows better than ones in the center. Why don't you get mad about that too.

Here is a quote from you from your thread....... Ya the damsel is HUGE! Gotta lover her, eats GHA instead of corals..... funny you know it eats GHA but you don't have any.. ok.

I showed that picture because if you really look at it the coraline stands out way more on the black overflow box then the blue background. You were tryin to talk shit because blue shows stuff more, but that is 100% incorrect.

Here is a quick pic after I spent 5 minutes scraping the background since you don't understand the point I was making with the 1st pic....

IMAG0458_zpsc8531494.jpg

You said that you hardly get any coraline, I showed a pic of my tank when it was 3 months old and it grows coraline like crazy, if you don't get coraline growth your parameters aren't where they should be more often then not, or you have inadequate lighting..... your doing something wrong lol I can look at your pics and see your tiny little annoying coraline spots too ;)

You said you dont want to have to scrape the back glass, but sounds like you already do with an algae scraper... no different then if you have a blue or black background. I have had both and the black shows the film algae way faster then my blue background.

Bottom line, I wasn't being an ass. If you want to see what me being an ass is like that can be arranged. :)

Sorry for giving him a tip on how to prevent that in the future, geez I am such a dick I shouldn't have told him heaters shouldn't be trusted....

But both the tanks he showed look MUCH smaller then they are. That 90 is 20g bigger then mine but looks 40g smaller because of the dark black background.

STFU jesus ####ing christ, atleast get some good stuff when you hijack a thread, don't get #### it like a $3 horror holy shit

In the real world the 18" deep 70g looks as deep as the 2' deep 180g with black background... I know, I have seen them together ;)

Also, the crop would effect the width appearance at most... but not the depth as far as a 2D comparison goes ;) I bet you can't tell the difference between a victoria secret model and a lane bryant model based on a same sized picture either huh?? LOL

But ok, since the crop is the big problem, if I crop a pic of my old 14g will you not be able to tell the difference between that and either of the previous tanks too then???? LOL

Actually here is a pic of my old 75g when I was 1st getting into the hobby that had a black background that I never scraped or cleaned.....

bc71a115-569c-4cbd-8472-3aadb8e28475.jpg

The 70g:

And now my 14g cropped:

DSCN1130.jpg

and for shits and giggles the 180 again:

DSCN0836.jpg

While we are at here my 1st 15 or 20H with no background and hob filters LOL:

100_1137.jpg

Man that and my 14g look just as big as the 180, well actually bigger huh cuz the pics are bigger LOL

Dumb ####

llama roadkill
STFU jesus ####ing christ, atleast get some good stuff when you hijack a thread, don't get #### it like a $3 horror holy shitDumb ####
Praise the LAWD 1.0 has arrived! Your opinion on background?

Lol I knew that was coming the instant I wrote that.
It's okay, we love of anyway.

Right now I'm leaning towards black, like 60/40.

Dark blue or black, light blue looks like some tacky fat #### 6 year old came along and sharkted it on your tank.

If anyone hasn't figured it out, I'm not in a good mood, so don't #### around.

I like this thread. Has lots of #'s in it. I like #'s.

################# ### # ###### #### # # ###### ### ########## ###. # #### # ######## ######.

llama roadkill

I don't give a #### what your race is I hate all mother ####ers equally so.... Whatever BOIIIIIIIIII. Sorry I figured you wore panties cuz ur actin like a little bitch. I'm not askin about the skidmarks in your panties no worries.

Ahh Nano-Reef. Fun facts and great people!

Quite. $3 whore? Such a thing exists?

Probably, back in the day I got the neighbor girl in my old appartment to blow me for a $5 dube, so I am sure some crack whore would do it for $3 round here lol

devilsadvocate

Do you know my race? I may be able to file a hate crime and get you banned for calling me "boy", also I wear boxers ####face, if you want to ask about whats in my pants I'll sue you and the site so no one can you it.

Also leave now dipshit.

topkek

Ahh Nano-Reef. Fun facts and great people!

also, back on reef topic, what fish do you want in this 40b?

Archived