Innovative Marine Aquariums

THE OFFICIAL TRIDACNID CLAM THREAD

ZephNYC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sold...in about 2 years pending set up of a special Bertha only tank...and pending my wife not hearing about it or noticing the $ spent :-P
Happy wife = happy life! I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you, this is the time of year when I go on mind bending diets, and I get a little selfish with my time. Good thing me no married anymore, lol!,

Just frag it up. I will buy a 1.5" Bertha frag. That is how clams work right? Just like coral.
Ha!!

But what will you be without your gigas???
I'm really not interested in selling it, I've turned down 4K, but I would for 5. It's larger than the eBay Gigas they want 3k for.

Haha. I wonder how much richer we would all be without this hobby....

And to that I say......

AMEN!! (Just ask the wife).......

jedimaster1138

Happy wife = happy life! I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you, this is the time of year when I go on mind bending diets, and I get a little selfish with my time. Good thing me no married anymore, lol!

No worries brother. Your rastas are in the nano tank reproducing :) and the other thing isn't going anywhere.

Omg wait... Isn't that kinda contradicting your not interested unless it's good enough. She's your pride and joy isn't she how could you part with her? Perhaps start over lol

Have you ever been pinched by one of your clams

Omg wait... Isn't that kinda contradicting your not interested unless it's good enough. She's your pride and joy isn't she how could you part with her? Perhaps start over lolHave you ever been pinched by one of your clams
Correct. I have already turned down 4k, but for 5k you can have her. And have I ever been pinch'd by one of my clams?Just once, but I divorced her.

No worries brother. Your rastas are in the nano tank reproducing :) and the other thing isn't going anywhere.
I will catch up with u soon stud.
Whats up with the white clams in this video? (ex: 2mins in). Are they bleached of zoox or something else? First time ever seeing an alive white mantle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87y1SzRRoKUÂ '>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87y1SzRRoKU

Saltcritters :-) They had a newsletter-only sale today.

The clams with bleaching are Gigas clams, which are well known to carry patches of cell bail out. I've never seen any as bad as a couple of those, but then again, I've never seen that many friggin Gigas clams in one place either!

As far as salt critters advising you not to properly acclimate your clam, but just float it for a bit then release....well, that's just silly! Shipping alters the PH in the bag drastically and needs to be adjusted slowly (response to PM).

Mind blowing sidewalk art illusions. There are so many insane works of art, it was hard to pick just a few to post. Unrelated to clams, yes....but it's my thread. Lol,

post-73763-0-01730600-1413809223_thumb.jpg

post-73763-0-80412300-1413809238_thumb.jpg

post-73763-0-51280900-1413809257_thumb.jpg

post-73763-0-29989300-1413809283_thumb.jpg

post-73763-0-40410200-1413809299_thumb.jpg

post-73763-0-37010000-1413809311_thumb.jpg

A small data point:

About 2 months ago I switched from Phosban in a bag + Chemipure Elite in a bag to a Media reactor with Seachem Seagel (Carbon + Aluminum phosphate absorber).

Using the Red Sea Iron test, I have gone from 0.05ppm Iron to 0.00ppm today. I know 0 Iron probably isn't the best but the tank is flourishing and the clams I still have that did not die from PM 2 months ago are doing great.

I'll continue to update, especially after receiving my three newest additions tomorrow (pray for no PM!).

A small data point:

About 2 months ago I switched from Phosban in a bag + Chemipure Elite in a bag to a Media reactor with Seachem Seagel (Carbon + Aluminum phosphate absorber).

Using the Red Sea Iron test, I have gone from 0.05ppm Iron to 0.00ppm today. I know 0 Iron probably isn't the best but the tank is flourishing and the clams I still have that did not die from PM 2 months ago are doing great.

I'll continue to update, especially after receiving my three newest additions tomorrow (pray for no PM!).

Please let us know as it is being speculated, but not proven, that clams don't appreciate aluminum much. But I am not convinced yet.

Got to see James Fatherree who was a speaker at CMAC this weekend in Groton CT. It was a 1 hour presentation but I could have sat there all day. One full hour of Clam discussions...awesome!

Archived