inTank Media Baskets

THE OFFICIAL TRIDACNID CLAM THREAD

ZephNYC

Who in the world had that crazy spectacular rainbow colored clam? We hadn't seen updates since it was purchased and I remember everyone being happy it was someone on NR so we could watch the progress. Anyone recall? There was a naming contest...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who in the world had that crazy spectacular rainbow colored clam? We hadn't seen updates since it was purchased and I remember everyone being happy it was someone on NR so we could watch the progress. Anyone recall? There was a naming contest...

That was Serenityreef, with his ultra Crocea from DD. I wonder how it is doing as well.

RIP
Oh man, that stinks. Maybe you're changing to much water or running to much carbon.

Can any of you post several clam business's that you trust to buy from ?I've been searching Pacific East Aquaculture and Dr. Fosters & Smith. At least they have WYSIWYG, unlike That Fish Place. It will be much appreciated !
Those are the two best places in my opinion. Most people have better luck with the smaller farmed clams from PEA.
jedimasterben

That was Serenityreef, with his ultra Crocea from DD. I wonder how it is doing as well.

It croaked after like 3 weeks.

It croaked after like 3 weeks.
Hate to say it, but that was what I assumed.

We have an update to this don't we.
If you insist....for once I was going to keep my mouth shut.
Why

Because I have been purchasing from Live Aquaria since you were a twinkle in your fathers eye, as far back as when their name was Flying Fish express, and not DFS. In all these years the only complaint I have ever really had was the excessive blue in their Acropora listings, but we have went over this, and if you were a vendor you would also post your listings under excessive blue light because we all know it can make a sh*t brown coral look like a pastel fantasy. Is this false advertising? Im going to say no. Also as a former owner of an aquarium business I can promise you that sh*t happens! no matter how good or on point you are. And with a monster corporation with nation wide facilities all collaborating together in an attempt to provide the most exotic and rare marine life to the public, one can only imagine the amount of loss and problems, mechanical as well as biological, that occur on a daily basis. Of course this is not yours or my problem, and we expect perfect live stock every time.

My point is in 30 years I have never really had a problem with them, so the first time they do truly drop the ball, leave the oven on, forget to use a condom ( Ha!!), or let one slip past the goalie, I don't feel the need to trash them on the forums.

ClownTriggerDude

Do you know what page ?

And who is PEA ?

Through my research, some say that the 1/34" to maybe 2-1/4 are too small as they don't take the shipping well, don't have enough zoozanthalle feed on, so you must feed them. Other say their no problem if you have enough light.

What do you guys think ?

Do you know what page ?

And who is PEA ?

Through my research, some say that the 1/34" to maybe 2-1/4 are too small as they don't take the shipping well, don't have enough zoozanthalle feed on, so you must feed them. Other say their no problem if you have enough light.

What do you guys think ?

my maxima was an inch when i got it, and its doing fine, and pea is pacific east aquaculture, but listen to what zeph says haha clam guru

Because I have been purchasing from Live Aquaria since you were a twinkle in your fathers eye, as far back as when their name was Flying Fish express, and not DFS. In all these years the only complaint I have ever really had was the excessive blue in their Acropora listings, but we have went over this, and if you were a vendor you would also post your listings under excessive blue light because we all know it can make a sh*t brown coral look like a pastel fantasy. Is this false advertising? Im going to say no. Also as a former owner of an aquarium business I can promise you that sh*t happens! no matter how good or on point you are. And with a monster corporation with nation wide facilities all collaborating together in an attempt to provide the most exotic and rare marine life to the public, one can only imagine the amount of loss and problems, mechanical as well as biological, that occur on a daily basis. Of course this is not yours or my problem, and we expect perfect live stock every time.

My point is in 30 years I have never really had a problem with them, so the first time they do truly drop the ball, leave the oven on, forget to use a condom ( Ha!!), or let one slip past the goalie, I don't feel the need to trash them on the forums.

Fair enough. But I thought this was about clams. And your blue color complaint was both for LA and PEA. You told me you're going to hang them on the clam complaint. However I'm not sure the recent problem you had will stop even me purchasing from them.

Other than that, let me know if you need some of your own quotes where you've blasted them for far less. Heh. You know I can deliver. :P

Fair enough. But I thought this was about clams. And your blue color complaint was both for LA and PEA. You told me you're going to hang them on the clam complaint. However I'm not sure the recent problem you had will stop even me purchasing from them.

Other than that, let me know if you need some of your own quotes where you've blasted them for far less. Heh. You know I can deliver. :P

On the contrary, I don't believe I have ever once said anything bad about PEA or DD. As you have pointed out, they both color enhance, so even Steven there. I said I'm not big on ORA clams from DD, and I've said I have little luck with PEA large Maximas, but I continue to purchase from both of them 99% of the time. Also I don't blame them for my inability to maintain certain items, when I have seen them do well for some. Very very few, but they're out there. Most comforting is to know that if anything does go wrong, that is not my fault, they will make it right.

But if it pleases you to embarrass me, and I think it does, go ahead big brain!!!.....game on, let's see what you can dig up.

And yes, it is about the clams. And I am doing all I can for the clams by getting the right guy on the phone, which takes a few days.

my maxima was an inch when i got it, and its doing fine, and pea is pacific east aquaculture, but listen to what zeph says haha clam guru

Was it really only 1 inch ? Those never live! I think you should be the new clam guru and I will convert to Acro grower or something like that. Lol,

Super rare two faced clams coming soon to PEA!,

Marc,

I will offer you a crazy price on both, you will be the only person in the world with these clams--I want these babies to go to someone that will really appreciate their rarity--my partner estimates that maybe one occurs in every 1-2 million Maximas in that region!!! I have begged for these for a long time and in 3+ years we have collected just 4. My partner has been holding and teasing me with these for months. As soon as they get here and open I will have Alyssa send you pics.

Mac

Super rare two faced clams coming soon to PEA!,

Marc,

I will offer you a crazy price on both, you will be the only person in the world with these clams--I want these babies to go to someone that will really appreciate their rarity--my partner estimates that maybe one occurs in every 1-2 million Maximas in that region!!! I have begged for these for a long time and in 3+ years we have collected just 4. My partner has been holding and teasing me with these for months. As soon as they get here and open I will have Alyssa send you pics.

Mac

:scarry::haha:

pays to have a good relationship with your clam supplier I guess :lol:

can't wait to see pics!!!

:scarry::haha:

pays to have a good relationship with your clam supplier I guess :lol:

can't wait to see pics!!!

Indeed it does! It pays off big time to smooch the correct butts. It will be a little while as these clams are still out of the country.

Indeed it does! It pays off big time to smooch the correct butts. It will be a little while as these clams are still out of the country.

found a couple when I googled.. looks like PEA had one a while back as well as ReefKoi..

http://blog.aquanerd.com/2012/01/another-rare-two-face-maxima-clam.html

the article suggests that the one from ReefKoi was the first ever seen in the hobby..

too cool Zeph, can't wait to see them..

Was it really only 1 inch ? Those never live! I think you should be the new clam guru and I will convert to Acro grower or something like that. Lol,

Haha I aint that good yet, ill post a pic, I might be measuring it wrong

found a couple when I googled.. looks like PEA had one a while back as well as ReefKoi..

http://blog.aquanerd.com/2012/01/another-rare-two-face-maxima-clam.html]http://blog.aquanerd.com/2012/01/another-rare-two-face-maxima-clam.html[/url]

the article suggests that the one from ReefKoi was the first ever seen in the hobby..

too cool Zeph, can't wait to see them..

Yes I remember those. The only bad news is the price! I dont have a clue how much Mac will want, bit we all know he's not cheap. The last time he posted a rare solid pink maxima it sold for 1k. And these are much more rare. He said he would give me a killer deal. We shall see.

Yes I remember those. The only bad news is the price! I dont have a clue how much Mac will want, bit we all know he's not cheap. The last time he posted a rare solid pink maxima it sold for 1k. And these are much more rare. He said he would give me a killer deal. We shall see.

:eek::bling:

I guess people pay ridiculous prices for coral all the time, so that isn't that bad, except that you can't frag a clam....lol..

here is my clam, the black line is how big it was when i got it, each square you see is one square inch, so my clam was just over 1 inch but details haha

post-78297-0-89029200-1406931939_thumb.jpg

Archived