inTank Media Baskets

THE OFFICIAL TRIDACNID CLAM THREAD

ZephNYC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i noticed my derasa clam developed holes in its mantle, what is it, and how do i heal it?

It's a bacterial infection in the mantle. I have seen this in many deresa clams, but only once on a maxima. Also just once on a gigas that was dying from pm disease. I have cured them with 20 minute melafix dips either in fresh or saltwater. Don't treat the display tank.

Zeph, I'm moving my purple crocea from the halide lit frag tank (2x250w) to my display (6x39w t5) is there any advice t9 ensure a smooth transition?

Since you are going from high intensity lighting to lower intensity there is nothing to do but keep your fingers crossed and pray . Lol!

Don't get me wrong it should do just fine.

It's a bacterial infection in the mantle. I have seen this in many deresa clams, but only once on a maxima. Also just once on a gigas that was dying from pm disease. I have cured them with 20 minute melafix dips either in fresh or saltwater. Don't treat the display tank.

ill pick some up tomarrow, will it be ok till then?

ill pick some up tomarrow, will it be ok till then?

one never knows, but it's the best you can do. One day shouldn't make much a difference. Also there is a special melafix for marine life, but don't fall for it, it's the same active chemical as the regular melafix.

Really? I find this very intriguing. My current Crocea is bright blue with purple and violet highlights. So if this estimation is correct, the colors will blend in and probably be a solid undefined blue, is that correct?

Sorry for the late response, I posted that gigas pic in a hurry this morning and didn't read the previous post.

So yes, it's true. I've seem many full grown 6 inch Croceas, but I've never seen one with sharp detailed patterns, far from actually. I won't go as far as to say they don't exist, but I've never seen one.

My boy Jake, infatuated with his new betta's, I LOVE it!

securedownload20_zpsbc7c053a.jpg

my young son sometimes tries to catch my fresh fish either that or go swimming haha

on another note, i dipped my derasa and it seams the holes are already healing

my young son sometimes tries to catch my fresh fish either that or go swimming haha on another note, i dipped my derasa and it seams the holes are already healing
Yay!!! I get so excited about cures that actually work.

Bettas are awesome such an under rated fish. I have mine trained to take food from my hands
Betas are extremely interesting fish to me. The endless variety of color patterns, double tails, half moons, crown tails, etc. when I had my business we raised thousands of them and would pay homeless people to do water changes on jars 24/7. They are awesome, you're right,

After a massive 50th anniversary party, drunk because it was my cheat day from my diet, I past this Bloomingdales window at 2 Am and thought I was dreaming.....

securedownload22_zps049ff3d3.jpg

The clam shells are 3 - 4 feet long, its huge.

You still have that lonely guy on top of your fridge?

He's in the bed room now. He's 4 years old which is wayyyy old for a beta.

• 2 weeks later...

What what what?!

was more like ####, ####, ####. saw it gaping a couple nights ago. My new derasa isn't lookin so hot either.

was more like ####, ####, ####. saw it gaping a couple nights ago. My new derasa isn't lookin so hot either.

Man that sucks :(

ClownTriggerDude

Can any of you post several clam business's that you trust to buy from ?

I've been searching Pacific East Aquaculture and Dr. Fosters & Smith.

At least they have WYSIWYG, unlike That Fish Place.

It will be much appreciated !

Can any of you post several clam business's that you trust to buy from ?

I've been searching Pacific East Aquaculture and Dr. Fosters & Smith.

At least they have WYSIWYG, unlike That Fish Place.

It will be much appreciated !

Zeph posted a list. Maybe earlier in this thread?

Archived