ReefCleaners.org

Reprogramming the Typhon

MeepNand

The files are in the OP.

OK ,yeah, If I knew what that ment I wouldn't of asked. I said I wanted to know what ver of Arduino software you were using, that could of easily been answered. Hopefully that answer is in the O.P. as well. I downloaded the typhon software from the bottom of Meeps posts.

On the bright side I found this.

shark boy

• Like 1
jedimasterben

OK ,yeah, If I knew what that ment I wouldn't of asked. I said I wanted to know what ver of Arduino software you were using, that could of easily been answered. Hopefully that answer is in the O.P. as well. I downloaded the typhon software from the bottom of Meeps posts.

OP = original post :)

Now that I look back, the Arduino version isn't in the OP, it used to be. You'll need to use version 1.0 or higher.

• Like 1

OP = original post :)

Now that I look back, the Arduino version isn't in the OP, it used to be. You'll need to use version 1.0 or higher.

Thank you very much.

sb

• Like 1

On the bright side I found this.

shark boy

That would be the Jarduino. It's a very nice DIY controller, but it does take a lot of wires.

My version of the Typhon code is only compatible with Arduino 1.0 or higher.

Bleh. I hate it when stuff doesn't compile.

I think adding a bell curve function was a mistake. While I crown it as my highest mathmatical achievement, it's usually better/ the same to have a parabola. Next interation wil; use parabola.

Mathmatically speaking what is the difference between a bell curve and a parabola. I crapped out of math around Pre-Cal. :P

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Mathmatically speaking what is the difference between a bell curve and a parabola. I crapped out of math around Pre-Cal. :P

Pictographically speaking (lol)

Bell curve:

6a00d834525fff69e20133ecf35c3d970b-800wi

Parabola

image39.gif

The math.

Bell curve:

929e074c1abd4e3c5188d57e8ea67879.png

Parabola:

fd0cc779ab06597cd6d0be2370ef9e45.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Ok so someone explain how to program this thing to me like I'm 5. I have no idea what I'm doing.

To download:

1. Extract and drag the Typhon_Code_Meep folder to your "sketches" folder. Extract the DS1307 library in the extra_libraries folder to your libraries folder.

2. Open the Arduino program.

3. Open the sketch (inverted or normal)

4. Select COM port (Look in "Devices and printers" to find out the COM port of the Typhon)

5. Select "Arduino Duemilanove w/ Atmega328" from "Boards".

6. Attach the FTDI cable. The bottom of the FTDI will be facing up towards the LCD screen on the Typhon when you plug it in.

6. Hit upload.

• Like 1

ok I got everything to compile but I don't think that the typhon I got likes the idea of being overwritten. It's one of those steves ones and it reboots every time I tell it to upload and it kills the sync.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Eh, that's really all you need. If it is working, then the Typhon will have power and be all lit up. (make sure you do NOT have the 12v power still plugged in, it will be powered by the 5v from USB)

That and make sure in the Arduino program that you make sure the proper Arduino (Arduino Duemilanove w/ Atmega328) is selected.

• Like 1
nelson1240

*****HELP***** I believe i got ahead of myself, I just updated the software on my BoostLED Typhon controller and well it took it, but don't really understand the interface. I gives me dusk and dawn times but in large numbers. can't quite make out the setup. just trying to start my lights (two channels) one at 5:30 am to 7:30 pm the other from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm. Is there a way to test the lights, like just turn them on? I can't seem to put the original software back on, said something about "Wire.send has been renamed Wire.write()" and something similar with the receive() and read().

Would appreicate any quick help

• Like 1

*****HELP***** I believe i got ahead of myself, I just updated the software on my BoostLED Typhon controller and well it took it, but don't really understand the interface. I gives me dusk and dawn times but in large numbers. can't quite make out the setup. just trying to start my lights (two channels) one at 5:30 am to 7:30 pm the other from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm. Is there a way to test the lights, like just turn them on? I can't seem to put the original software back on, said something about "Wire.send has been renamed Wire.write()" and something similar with the receive() and read().

Would appreicate any quick help

It has to do with using Arduino 1.0 or later instead of Arduino 22 (which is what the original BoostLed code was written in)

Meep explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

I keep getting stk500_getsync (): not in sync: resp=0x00 errors

I have the upload set to com3 which is what the ftdi cable reports it's location to be with it set to that duemilanove w/ATMega328 option. I've got the DS1307 library set up in the arduino program function as well.

When I tell it to upload the typhon just resets itself a couple times and nothing more. :/

• Like 1

Meep explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

I keep getting stk500_getsync (): not in sync: resp=0x00 errors

I have the upload set to com3 which is what the ftdi cable reports it's location to be with it set to that duemilanove w/ATMega328 option. I've got the DS1307 library set up in the arduino program function as well.

When I tell it to upload the typhon just resets itself a couple times and nothing more. :/

That means that your board is not accepting the upload.

Try uploading a basic DS1307 sketch first. If that doesn't work, try a different com port in the Arduino menu and upload the Typhon code from there.

Hey meep have you looked into the temp probe thing at all?

I have indeed! I'm actually working on something like that with another user here, so I can add it into the Typhon main code when I'm done.

You mean like that file DS1307_cpp that came with the library? Cause that wont even compile >.>

If you open up the Arduino program, and go to examples --> DS1307 a list of example sketches will pop up. Try one of those.

• Like 1
pyrokidd89

I have indeed! I'm actually working on something like that with another user here, so I can add it into the Typhon main code when I'm done.

Please keep me posted. and how much do you have done on it?

• Like 1