Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reprogramming the Typhon

MeepNand

With the second ebay link you posted do you just use a usb to usb cable to connect the FTDI breakout to your computer?

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry nevermind, I see that it looks like micro usb or one of those common cords. Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

Hey meep did you ever get a chance to look at the EEPROM function? My typhon lost power the other day because I was wiring in some new LED's and once again it was unable to remember certain time values and on 2 of the channels it turned the moonlighting on. None of my channels use moonlighting but it said 255 for a couple of the channels once power was restored to the typhon.

• Like 1

Haven't had time, sorry. Finals are this week, so I should be home free in a few days.

As for the FTDI, you plug it into the computer and use the Arduino program. The default setting of "Arduino Uno" should work. You will need a micro USB to normal USB cable too, but many phones use this type of plug.

I might just rewrite the code over the weekend to accomodate EEPROM.

• Like 2

Haven't had time, sorry. Finals are this week, so I should be home free in a few days.

As for the FTDI, you plug it into the computer and use the Arduino program. The default setting of "Arduino Uno" should work. You will need a micro USB to normal USB cable too, but many phones use this type of plug.

I might just rewrite the code over the weekend to accomodate EEPROM.

Totally understand, I am trying to study for mine too but its not working out too well lol

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi Meepnand:

Any update at the code??

Thanks

Protoreef.

I haven't had much time to work on this (read: none) or any other projects because Robotics Kickoff was on January 4th. FRC (First Robotics Competition) build time is only 6 weeks, and I'm out of the house from 7:00 AM to 6:30PM, and it's only going to get worse as the deadline approches. So unfortunately, no headway has been made so far.

I might reprogram it around mid-February when build ends.

Ohh, thanks for the answer and very good Luck for the competition. Knowing your developes, like the meepduino sure that you'll reach a good position. Waiting for the results and patient for the update.

Thinking in an autonomous robot to clean aquariums????

Best Regards

Protoreef.

• Like 1

Ohh, thanks for the answer and very good Luck for the competition. Knowing your developes, like the meepduino sure that you'll reach a good position. Waiting for the results and patient for the update.

Thinking in an autonomous robot to clean aquariums????

Best Regards

Protoreef.

Autonomous reef cleaning isn't hard, but waterproofing the robot and getting it to stick to the glass is hard.

Hey Meep I just uploaded your code to my typhon and I cant get the clock to run and I cant set the time. any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. The clock is locked on 27hr 85min. The select button works, but the up or down buttons do not. Everything else works.

Any suggestions folks? Maybe I have a bad botton file in my library? Any sugestions would be helpful!

Rob

• Like 1

Okay, I made a new upload on page 1 with a hopeful fix. Try it out and see if it works.

There is both the inverted and normal codes in the folder as well as the extra lbrary you need.

Just tried it out and it seems to be working. how do you change the date on the main screen?

edit: actually its not working the clock seems to be working but I can not change the start time on channel #1 from 203 every time i change it one second later it changes back to 203.

Just tried it out and it seems to be working. how do you change the date on the main screen?

edit: actually its not working the clock seems to be working but I can not change the start time on channel #1 from 203 every time i change it one second later it changes back to 203.

You actually can't change the date; I forgot to add that function. :P

If it bothers you, you can just change the date/time by running an example sketch. The clock is ticking, right?

I'll look into the channel thing later. For now, try running the "normal" Typhon code from Boostled.

I dont know if its my computer but the section that #include the libraries is blank for me. I tried adding in them myself and maybe thats what im doing wrong.

ok so i did a fresh install and i think my problem is with the:

// include the libraries:
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <Button.h>
#include <EEPROM.h>
#include <EEPROMVar.h>
on my screen the EEPROMVar.h is black and the others are orange does that matter?

ok so i did a fresh install and i think my problem is with the:

// include the libraries:
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <Button.h>
#include <EEPROM.h>
#include <EEPROMVar.h>
on my screen the EEPROMVar.h is black and the others are orange does that matter?

It might. Upload and see. If it doesn't turn on at all, then you need to find the EEPROMVar library and put it in your libraries folder.