Cultivated Reef

Reprogramming the Typhon

MeepNand

MeepNand, i cannot open the file here at work =P so can't see the program. Did you incorporate the lighting mode into the typhon program?

Is there anyone who has done this alredy that could give the code for it?

Yes. You can switch the bell curve on and off.

What do you mean by the second question? There is a thread on another forum entitled "NEW Typhon code from Meepco" that has a couple of people trying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Meep,

I cant get the file to work even in .22 I added the extra DS1307 libraries and still nothing.

It works in 1.0 and above. It will not work in 22.

ok I was confused because the code on boostled only works on 22. is there a way to invert the pwm signal for people like me who still use BuckPucks?

• Like 1

ok I was confused because the code on boostled only works on 22. is there a way to invert the pwm signal for people like me who still use BuckPucks?

Not really. Just program the moonlight at 255. I haven't tried the parabola code with an inverted signal, so it may not work, but you could give it a shot.

If you want a specialty version, just PM me and I'll add a line that will invert it.

EDIT: Check the first post. Just uploaded an inverted code.

• Like 1

Unrelated to the reprogramming, but still related to the stock (steve's ) Typhon.

Can you select each channel individually and adjust the % for each?

In effect, putting it in "manual" mode if you want to just turn the lights on/off, and change color values on 3 channels.

OR

IS this something that must be modified/loaded as a new sketch as above?

• Like 1

This does support manual override (that's the "Lighting Test" screen). All versions of Typhon code allow you to change the parameters of each channel (on, off, etc.) while the Arduino is running by usage of the buttons.

• Like 1

okay, thank you. That is exactly what I was wondering I'm trying to decide between this and the storm. I don't really care about the extra channels or the lighting effecton the storm. I just want it will automatically read the lights, and let me turn them on and off manuallyif I desire.

• Like 1

okay, thank you. That is exactly what I was wondering I'm trying to decide between this and the storm. I don't really care about the extra channels or the lighting effecton the storm. I just want it will automatically read the lights, and let me turn them on and off manuallyif I desire.

Yes, this will do that. The Storm gets 6 channels versus the Typhon's 4 though, and the StormX is the currently the best out there for leds.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the code but I am having issues loading it on to my typhon controller. I have tried switching it to all the different boards yet I keep getting the same error. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
  • Like 1

Thank you for the code but I am having issues loading it on to my typhon controller. I have tried switching it to all the different boards yet I keep getting the same error. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Go to Start Menu -> Devices and Printers and the Typhon should show up as "Atmega xxx" with a Serial Port number. Make sure that Serial Port number (COMx) is checked under Tools -> Serial Port in the Arduino program. Then make sure the board selected is Arduino Uno or Arduino Duemilanove w/ Atmega328.

Go to Start Menu -> Devices and Printers and the Typhon should show up as "Atmega xxx" with a Serial Port number. Make sure that Serial Port number (COMx) is checked under Tools -> Serial Port in the Arduino program. Then make sure the board selected is Arduino Uno or Arduino Duemilanove w/ Atmega328.

It shows up as FT232R USB UART, and I am also using a mac. Trying it on my work laptop now.

• Like 1

processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

at processing.app.debug.BasicUploader.uploadUsingProgrammer(BasicUploader.java:247)

at processing.app.debug.BasicUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(BasicUploader.java:57)

at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1664)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1623)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1595)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportAppHandler.run(Editor.java:2428)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)

processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
	at processing.app.debug.BasicUploader.uploadUsingProgrammer(BasicUploader.java:247)
	at processing.app.debug.BasicUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(BasicUploader.java:57)
	at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1664)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1623)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1595)
	at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportAppHandler.run(Editor.java:2428)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)

I'm not good with error messages, so I can't help you. If it's not on google, I definitely won't know it. The only solutions I could find were Serial Port and pressing teh reset button right before programming.

Also, check to make sure the 5v setting is on in your programmer.

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks Meepnand for the excellent job and efforts, finally I feel confortable updating my typhon With a better sketch.

On the other hand, I have some questions/wishes :

1. Do you plan to include a feature to change date?

2. At the code appears some lines about clouds and lightning, Any plans to develope finally at this sketch?

Thanks in avance,

Protoreef

• Like 1

First, thanks Meepnand for the excellent job and efforts, finally I feel confortable updating my typhon With a better sketch.

On the other hand, I have some questions/wishes :

1. Do you plan to include a feature to change date?

2. At the code appears some lines about clouds and lightning, Any plans to develope finally at this sketch?

Thanks in avance,

Protoreef

No weather; there's not enough space. EEPROM isn't working though, so I need to edit some stuff anyway, and I'll add date stuff in then. ot for a while though, as I need to complete the Meepduino and the MCPCBs.

Hey meep I am currently using your code on my typhon with some minor aesthetic changes like the brightness of the screen. I noticed the other day when I unplugged it, the EEPROM lost the values for 2 of the channels.

Channel 1 and 2 were fine. 3 and 4 were slightly off, for a couple of the minute times the value was in the hundreds and the dimming value was not what I had set them at.

• Like 2

Hey meep I am currently using your code on my typhon with some minor aesthetic changes like the brightness of the screen. I noticed the other day when I unplugged it, the EEPROM lost the values for 2 of the channels.

Channel 1 and 2 were fine. 3 and 4 were slightly off, for a couple of the minute times the value was in the hundreds and the dimming value was not what I had set them at.

noticed it too. The way I have it set up, it uses some abnormally complex equations to save the EEPROM. I'll look into it tomorrow. Just make sure to redo the channels if it shuts off.

• 2 weeks later...