Cultivated Reef

iTank 5g?

Angel<3Nanos

Just put my order in for one of these any suggestions or tips I couldn't find much info about this tank except from your thread. Very nice looking by the way is it still up and running.Thanks in advance.

Is it not up anymore unfortunately. It is in storage. It's a nice tank. Only tip is to remove the tray that's in between the sump and the tank (you will know when you get it) and add a small hose with a clamp to the bottom of the overflow tube. I can send you some pics of the mod if you want.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it not up anymore unfortunately. It is in storage. It's a nice tank. Only tip is to remove the tray that's in between the sump and the tank (you will know when you get it) and add a small hose with a clamp to the bottom of the overflow tube. I can send you some pics of the mod if you want.

Yes please do if you don't mind

I'm thinking of going with a par30 with 60 degree optics did you have any issues with heat from your par38?

Yes please do if you don't mind

I'm thinking of going with a par30 with 60 degree optics did you have any issues with heat from your par38?

No heat issues at all. A par bulb is the best option imo. And yeah ill PM your email and ill send you the pics.

Did you have to upgrade the pump at all or was the flow good with the stock pump adequate.

Thanks for all the help

You might want to upgrade the pump but I felt it was good flow for softies and LPS. Not for SPS.

• 5 months later...
potatolover

After having this tank a while, how is it coming along? How is the salt spray in that thing? I have one now that I keep freshwater in but I've been thinking of switching to salt.

Angel<3Nanos

After having this tank a while, how is it coming along? How is the salt spray in that thing? I have one now that I keep freshwater in but I've been thinking of switching to salt.

Oh man. This tank got taken down quickly because I upgraded. It still in my storage unit, maybe I'll take it out. But it worked flawlessly. With mods of course.

potatolover

Dang, I didn't see your earlier note that you decommissioned it. I'm mostly concerned about the salt spray in the bottom but I guess it wouldn't be bad if I added a hose in the overflow. I'm using mine for raising Cherry Shrimp but I'd love to convert it to salt.

Angel<3Nanos

Dang, I didn't see your earlier note that you decommissioned it. I'm mostly concerned about the salt spray in the bottom but I guess it wouldn't be bad if I added a hose in the overflow. I'm using mine for raising Cherry Shrimp but I'd love to convert it to salt.

Lol yeah. Yeah the hose on the overflow should fix the salt spray thing.

• 5 months later...

Archived