Pod Your Reef

The Bro Love Build! A bro love story! 75g of wet lov'n!

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

This thread sure has seen it's changes! From a ten to 75g then stagnant and now we're back at it again with the new 75g, diy ghost overflow, diy sump! Here's the early on fts! Everything in here came from my 20l I built to hold everything on while I rebuilt this tank top to bottom!

20160611_142213_zpszuja7wsl.jpg

And the start of the original thread begins now!

20130520_191352_zps7fcd818d.jpg

20130520_191401_zpsbd6739f1.jpg

20130519_201029_zps7c79ef0d.jpg

IMG_20130519_201645_zps6d583dd1.jpg

20130602_163220_zps21dfb3fc.jpg

20130602_180001_LLS_zps700b1a12.jpgIMG_20130520_194405_zps9c82da5a.jpg

I started off with this ten then soon stepped it up to a 20L before ultimately settling on the 75.

20140306_172414_zpser6yuz14.jpg

20140318_201642_zpsbx9xsdrq.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Some random macro I collected surfing. The hermits made a quick meal of it though. Shame cause it really added some snap to the tank.

gulfsurfer101

Thanks, I just got those today btw off my good buddy glennr1978, one of the best guys I've had the pleasure of dealing with. A role model of sorts in this reefing game. The only guy I know who can convince his wife to let him convert the spare bedroom into his own personal lfs. I went by and checked out his impressive plywood set up and fell in love with that system. Dudes got cans, blasto's softies, sps, and some sick lps like neon hammer coral n lots more. He was talking about becoming a vendor on here, I hope so cause he's worked so hard at the dream. I plan on going back next week and getting some more acans.

Love that eye on the snail!
That's actually a shot of my sand sifting conch! I just had to get a pic of it as he was staring me down as I was staring him down.

I just recently took all my corals off frag plugs and it looks amazing!! so much better than those ugly plugs. awesome little tank though. The thread title was quite catchy too I must add haha

gulfsurfer101

Lol, I keeps it ghetto! I got a few more pics of my zoas, and acans now that those have settled in.

IMG_20130605_194825_zps231cd31f.jpg

IMG_20130605_194414_zps51195832.jpg20130605_210028_zpsaa5a4387.jpg20130605_210109_zps86ea4ba9.jpg20130605_190311_zps37580d1d.jpg

gulfsurfer101

No I got most my stuff from a local facility and from another member on here that's local to me. He's got a great track record for shipping and recently aquired a ton of good stuff. He's the guy I got my acans from at an unbealievable deal for all four. Glennr1978, look him up if you want quality stuffs for uber cheap.

Right on ill have to check into that. Just got my 31 gal that was supposed to be a 27g according to the previous owner setup so ill be needing some stuff soon! Lol

gulfsurfer101

Fragging awesome! Look him up man, you won't regret it. Dude has got like a 200g prop tank full of sick frags at prices your not gonna get from any vendor online. Tell him I sent ya so he can hook me up too btw;)

gulfsurfer101

No man, he's just a member on here but he has had some of the dopest tanks on this this forum. Dudes got some reefing clout and if your looking to stock up he's got whatcha need. I've been meaning to head back over there soon but my work schedule is crazy right now. I think I want more acans, everywhere.

gulfsurfer101

Hit him up, I don't know how he is meeting new people with his wife n kids there. He is a stand up bro and I'm sure you will be able to work something out.

Dude, Glenn, I need some more frags broseph!
I just spent the last 4 hours cleaning and organizing the frag tank. Pulled out all of the racks, hosed em down, vacuumed out all the sh! T off the bottom of the tank, and did a 30g wc in the process. It was a good amount of work but now it looks a lot better. I think our schedules will conflict until saturday (I work every night), but I should be free sunday...all day.

I just recently took all my corals off frag plugs and it looks amazing!! so much better than those ugly plugs. awesome little tank though. The thread title was quite catchy too I must add haha
I hate frag plugs. I avoid them whenever possible and use very little glue when they're unavoidable so that the frags are easy to pop off.
gulfsurfer101

That's what I'm afraid of taking on that 150g, maintance was a such a batch in my 30g when I was only pulling 40hr weeks. Now that I'm working 60hrs I just don't know if I want to spend a portion of my only day off cleaning up fish poo! I took this Friday off to take care of some buisiness that had to be handled on a weekday but Sunday after 6 is about the only other time that may work. I want a frag of that yellow hammer and prolly whatever cans I didn't get last time. I accidently double picked the reds one's but they look really in seperate sides of the tank.

Sunday should be good for me...it just depends on what the boss has planned on MY day lol. I've been taking pics all day to start posting on here (probably tomorrow) in the FS section. I've got well over 100 frags I need to move lol.

BattleAthletics

Going to a guys place today to see some frags he has for sale from craigslist. I really want his MJ Paly and maybe some other zoas. Id like to see that frag tank of yours glenn.

Sunday should be good for me...it just depends on what the boss has planned on MY day lol. I've been taking pics all day to start posting on here (probably tomorrow) in the FS section. I've got well over 100 frags I need to move lol.

Your name got thrown out as to having some killer frags. Are you willing to ship them to Washington area? I'm in the process of getting a new tank setup and would love to see what you have.

gulfsurfer101

Sweet then, hope to see you Sunday then. I should be free tomorrow around 2 or 3 too if that's better Sunday night. Just let me know what you wanna do.

gulfsurfer101

Sorry I missed you dude, forgot all about fathers day being this Sunday. My girl did do something nice for me though n took me down to the reefshop n said I can pick whatever I wanted so I said bring on some sps. I picked up this really nice blue rimmed montipora cap. Fills out a good portion of the tank for sure.

20130614_194916_zps15fe1548.jpg

Archived