Coral Vue Hydros

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

nanolutionary

:eek:

It's about 1.3" square of LRS 'Reef Frenzy'. I also feed around 1/4 teaspoon of pellets spread out around 4 hours when I'm home in the evenings. I usually do the big frozen feeding at 9PM. I do think I cut the strips too large, though, I think it's a bit much for the fish I have now. Once the betta starts eating really well, though, I think it'll be about right.

I'm thinking about getting rid of the trigger. He is still being a little bit dickish to the other fish, especially the betta. Hasn't torn any of its fins or anything, but if it does, I don't care that it's a (normally) very expensive fish, that bitch is gonna get dead.

I feed 4-5 times in the evening spaced out every hour and a half that way all the fish eat all of the food every time.

Keep an eye of that trigger then!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

I always think if people have things to haul then fair enough, but in England we're seeing pick up trucks and Range Rovers permeating the roads thick and fast in recent years, @ £150-£200 a tank - and usually with nothing to haul but a massive ego - it's a recipe for climate disaster.

What are your plans for the millions of tons of waste produced to build wildly inefficient batteries?

nanolutionary

What are your plans for the millions of tons of waste produced to build wildly inefficient batteries?

I'm no expert on battery recycling! There must be a way to recycle them somehow.

I suppose the other question to pose is, what are our plans currently?

To continue with 'business as usual', sustaining the oil companies taking evermore reckless risks with the environment which sustains us and disinterested in funding the alternatives which would lead to their demise as the riches oligarchs this planet has ever known.

:lol:

I feel kinda bad for bdevillier lol. That's around 30' of bubble wrap and at least 150' of tape. :)

Not to mention the dreaded Styrofoam peanuts. My cats kept stealing them and running off with them. I'm still finding peanuts under my bed and couch.

jedimasterben

Not to mention the dreaded Styrofoam peanuts. My cats kept stealing them and running off with them. I'm still finding peanuts under my bed and couch.

My cats knew that the box dave shipped me had peanuts in it and they literally chewed a hole in it to get to them. :blink:

Kinda like when I bring home a new pack of toilet paper. If I don't put it away as soon as I get home, they attack the package and shred it until they can get to the toilet paper. Then proceed to shred it into tiny bits all over my apartment.

Oh and I have those 430nm violets I bought off of you a while back and never used them. Also got 4k vero 10s and a o2surplus 8up boards. So if you have a need for any of them let me know.

So are you still using the T5 supplement?

I see your using the boards from Dave Fusion now. Are they better than single LEDS?

What controller did you purchase? bluefish?

jedimasterben

So are you still using the T5 supplement?

I see your using the boards from Dave Fusion now. Are they better than single LEDS?

What controller did you purchase? bluefish?

No T5 right now, waiting on some wire and PCboards before I can get the unit fully operational, but I'm liking the results I'm getting without them.

Yes, no color banding. I already had very, very little from my last setup, but this is just over the top better.

I have a full Bluefish right now, but I should be getting my Bluefish Mini today.

If only everyone would have this mentality.

Exactly.

Saves more gas for me.

Definitely going to teach the grandkids how to ride horses early. Encourage them to own land big enough for horses to roam, as adults.

Thinking of trading in the Hummer for a Shelby, though. Shelby is a girl's name, should I consider it a girly car?

See what I did there, horses.... mustang...get it?

Also, I've always wondered. If a man drives a Hummer, that means he has a small penis. SO... If a woman drives a Hummer does that mean she has a large vagina?

No it means that hummer is more likely to be electric ;)

My work is putting in electric charging stations. I estimate about 50 parking slots so far. Not in use yet.

Still means that there's more gas for me. Yeah!

jedimasterben

He made a sandy cup, like a kitty cup, for the wrasse he's not supposed to have. :slap:

Why is it something I'm not 'supposed' to have? Are we 'supposed' to have any of the livestock we keep?

A decade ago it was basically a myth that mandarins could survive in captivity, but once people figured out what they fed on, how they fed on it, and how to enhance it with prepared foods, they are now relatively easy for larger tanks and moderately difficult in smaller ones.

Like the conversation about the conch recently - conchs don't need sand since they don't require it for anything other than another line of protection from predation. Since they won't have any predators and will still have plenty of food available, they can (and have been) safely kept without sand. Same with cerith and nassarius snails, both are sand-dwelling species and I have plenty of both that survive no problem with no sand.

Keeping animals with special needs like the wrasse definitely has challenges, but they are rather simple ones to solve. :)

jedimasterben

Wrasse is already eating frozen food with gusto!

I managed to forget how badly epoxy makes skimmers go nuts so I have the plug pulled on it and it's just draining back into the sump and foaming like mad, so the water is murky. Changed out my carbon to help try and clear it up, so hopefully that will do the trick. I pulled the little wrasse bed out, it's really too small, so tomorrow I'm going to go get some JB Waterweld and take a larger rock I have and use snips to essentially hollow it out and then use the epoxy to fill in the holes and make the bottom smooth.

NorthGaHillbilly

The shrimp? Looks like Neocaridina species, very vibrant red, vera nize!

I thought that same thing, the size is just throwing me off. My mom has had them for a few years, and there are literally thousands of them in a planted 20L she has. In all the time there havent been any over .5"

jedimasterben

I thought that same thing, the size is just throwing me off. My mom has had them for a few years, and there are literally thousands of them in a planted 20L she has. In all the time there havent been any over .5"

I have a ton of blue ones in my 13g. Love them, shrimp are awesome. Next time you're there, blanch a slice of fresh zucchini and stick it in with a fork or something to weigh it down. :)
jedimasterben

Two more tubes of JBweld down. taking shape!

IMG_20150304_190407476.jpg

though I haven't seen the wrasse at all today. Last I saw of it it looked like something had taken a chunk of fin off of it. :/

Archived