Cultivated Reef

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Thanks everyone :flower:.

Yesterday was the hardest day of my entire life.......

She came into our lives the summer of '96. The smallest of a litter of about 8 kittens, from a farm in Indiana. The minute I saw her, I knew she was the one. It was the tail :wub:. She was a white cat with a black cap and black tail with a little white tip on the end of the tail. My husband and I both fell in love at first sight.

IMG_3374%20copy_zpsqnlyrcoc.jpg

We had her for 19 great years. The vet said we were doing the right thing. But boy was that a difficult decision.

RIP our sweet Havana.

IMG_0197_zpsv4udaery.jpg

Give your pets extra love and cuddles and spoil them rotten. They are with us for so short a time.

Awww, I'm so sorry Gena :grouphug:

We've lost several dogs, always after long and happy lives, and its always so hard. Havana was a member of the family and she can never be replaced.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:grouphug:

Oh, Gena. I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how hard that must have been. I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear the news Gena :flower: hope your weekend looks brighter.

Awww, I'm so sorry Gena :grouphug:

We've lost several dogs, always after long and happy lives, and its always so hard. Havana was a member of the family and she can never be replaced.

So very sorry for your loss, Gena. Havana was such a cutie, and will be missed.

Sorry to hear such sadness. My heart goes out to you all, that you can release your grief over time.

Thank you all so much. Your words mean a lot to me :flower:. We're healing over here. It's just going to take some time.

I'll have to grab some fish tank photos for this new page. The glass is sooooo dirty LOL. I usually clean it during the week

but with other things going on, it took a back seat. I'll try to find some time to clean it today and then grab a few pictures.

Everything is growing like crazy....like usual :lol:.

T

I'm so sorry about your kitty Gena! We've lost a couple that way, and it's such a hard choice to make. She was beautiful, I'm glad you had so many happy years with her :wub: . I'll keep y'all in my prayers :closedeyes:

I'm so sorry about your kitty Gena! We've lost a couple that way, and it's such a hard choice to make. She was beautiful, I'm glad you had so many happy years with her :wub: . I'll keep y'all in my prayers :closedeyes:

Thank you so much, Anna :happy:. I don't think there is a difference between losing a pet and losing a human family member. The loss is intense and it's knocked us off our feet.

But life goes on and we have our memories and photos. And while we never will forget...time is an excellent healer :).

RIP Havana. Sorry for your loss Gena. Our pets are our world in this house. We totally understand how hard that decision was.

RIP Havana. Sorry for your loss Gena. Our pets are our world in this house. We totally understand how hard that decision was.

Thank you!!!! :flower:

They are the world, aren't they??? I said on Friday that I won't EVER have another pet. After these guys are gone

that's it. I can't take the loss. But who am I kidding???? I already have visions of kittens in my head LOL.

Thank you!!!! :flower:

They are the world, aren't they??? I said on Friday that I won't EVER have another pet. After these guys are gone

that's it. I can't take the loss. But who am I kidding???? I already have visions of kittens in my head LOL.

I'm the same. Every time we lose a dog (usually to old age) I say never again. We always have a new one within a couple months.

I managed to clean the glass yesterday and grab a few photos :). Since I'm not adding anything to this tank now, I thought

I'd concentrate on documenting the growth on a few of my SPS pieces. Which have been growing a lot lately :happydance:.

Spongodes 3-1-15

IMG_9474_zps2sgcdx23.jpg

Un-named blue acro 3-1-15

IMG_9473_zpsndufh9kh.jpg

Un-named pink acro 3-1-15

IMG_9475_zpssg9tzien.jpg

Rarely seen side shot of the tank. You get a better view of the only gorgonian I have left in this tank.

IMG_9495_zps1dxdt67y.jpg

Generic zoanthids that have really taken off :wub:

IMG_9492_zpsde6rs5gg.jpg

One of the green banded gobies :D

IMG_9484_zpsxipy2kqu.jpg

Something fun...I found one polyp of Captain America Zoas in my tank the other day!!!! I sold the rock MONTHS ago and

somehow this one survived. I love as tanks mature how things pop up in unexpected places. I also have a really pretty

orange/pink st. thomas mushroom that started growing and it's getting pretty big now. It must have grown from the

tiniest bit of flesh that was left after I removed them. Where there's a will there's a way :).

:wub:

Right back at ya :wub:. Do you like those zoas? I think I sent you a frag of those a long time ago. and by long time ago I think it was last summer :lol:.

Such beautiful pictures. I have tank envy. :blush:

Something about the side shot makes me see the depth of this tank more than the front shots. Looks very nice :lol:

Thank you both :happy:.

Today I have to pack up 3 shipments of monticap and get those out to their new homes :). I need to catch up on some

tv shows that I've fallen behind on. And I need to sit in front of my tanks and just observe. How lucky am I? :)

Thank you both :happy:.

Today I have to pack up 3 shipments of monticap and get those out to their new homes :). I need to catch up on some

tv shows that I've fallen behind on. And I need to sit in front of my tanks and just observe. How lucky am I? :)

Some day soon one of those packages is going to be coming my way. :wub:

Lovely new photos of some different subjects than usual. I didn't realize you had quite so many SPS corals in there!

So are you behind on the Walking Dead or did you see the episode on Sunday. Trying to figure out how I feel about Alexandria...

Some day soon one of those packages is going to be coming my way. :wub:

:happydance:

Lovely new photos of some different subjects than usual. I didn't realize you had quite so many SPS corals in there!

So are you behind on the Walking Dead or did you see the episode on Sunday. Trying to figure out how I feel about Alexandria...

Thanks, Felicia!!!! Yeah, thought I'd document some growth :).

We watched it last night. The new place is too perfect and it's run by a politician (former)...should be interesting LOL.

I HAVE THE GREATEST NEWS EVER omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Bogart is eating frozen mysis omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg:happydance:

I've been waiting for this day FOR EV ER :D.

I don't know why it takes me so long to pack up coral. Granted I had to individually package 5 frags. This means I haven't

been able to watch any TV yet LOL. Hopefully soon. I'm just so excited about Bogart's break through. I should have him

with me a LONG time :wub:fingerscrossed

Yep, it all just seems too perfect. I'm sure something crazy will happen soon. Can't wait for the next episode.

You watched Breaking Bad right? Are you watching Better Call Saul? I finally got around to catching up on that and I think I like it so far.

Exciting news about Bogart! That should make your life way easier! Yay!

Packing corals always takes way longer than you would think!

Right back at ya :wub:. Do you like those zoas? I think I sent you a frag of those a long time ago. and by long time ago I think it was last summer :lol:.

Yes I like them. I think you sent me some oxides last summer.

I HAVE THE GREATEST NEWS EVER omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Bogart is eating frozen mysis omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg:happydance:

I've been waiting for this day FOR EV ER :D.

I don't know why it takes me so long to pack up coral. Granted I had to individually package 5 frags. This means I haven't

been able to watch any TV yet LOL. Hopefully soon. I'm just so excited about Bogart's break through. I should have him

with me a LONG time :wub:fingerscrossed

Teach me your ways! :bowdown:

Yep, it all just seems too perfect. I'm sure something crazy will happen soon. Can't wait for the next episode.

You watched Breaking Bad right? Are you watching Better Call Saul? I finally got around to catching up on that and I think I like it so far.

Exciting news about Bogart! That should make your life way easier! Yay!

Packing corals always takes way longer than you would think!

Yep...watched BB and now watching Better Call Saul. We watched BCS last night. I love that we're getting some

background story on Mike now. He was one of my favorites from BB :).

Oh my gosh....life will be soooo much easier now that he's eating "big" food LOL. He even ate two live blackworms yesterday :happydance:.

Teach me your ways! :bowdown:

:D

Feed at least twice a day. I think he's mature enough now, or has been in captivity long enough now, that he became

more open-minded about his food LOL.

I just caught up, Im really sorry about Havana, Both me and the lady are thinkin about yall

Thanks NGH :flower:.

I love this cube and it's giving me inspiration for my new Rimless.

Gina what's you light cycle on the Razor?

I have the same light that I'm going to put on the DSA 65 Rimless.

Archived