SaltCritters.com

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Gena, been super lazy lately and haven't stopped by to say Hi :). Last day of work for me before my holiday so trying to play catch up on some threads on this lazy day haha.

Firstly, things look beautiful as always :wub: . The little gobies are soooo cute, so small. The wrasse is stunning also, when I get a larger tank I am definitely getting myself one. Congratulations on the calendar feature as well, that is really cool :).

Beautiful wrasse. :)

Thank you :flower:.

Hey Gena, been super lazy lately and haven't stopped by to say Hi :). Last day of work for me before my holiday so trying to play catch up on some threads on this lazy day haha.

Firstly, things look beautiful as always :wub: . The little gobies are soooo cute, so small. The wrasse is stunning also, when I get a larger tank I am definitely getting myself one. Congratulations on the calendar feature as well, that is really cool :).

Jase!!!! omgomgomg Nice to see you :). Thank you!!!!!

Speaking of that, how are your fish enjoying your free foods?

They love the food :). So far I've given them the frozen mysis and cyclopeeze. The mysis is nice because there isn't a lot of waste and the pieces aren't ginormous. Everyone but the cardinal eats the mysis. They seem to like the cyclopeeze too. But so far, the biggest hit, has been the freeze dried pacific plankton. They go absolutely bananas for it. That's what I feed them at the mid-day snack time :). Rebecca pigs out on it. But pinky the wrasse loves it too and so does the firefish. The GBGs go after it too. Everybody does.

I have a ton of photos for the new page :)

IMG_9166_zpsff436c2a.jpg

IMG_9187_zps64df51f6.jpg

IMG_9162_zps27089bfe.jpg

IMG_9148_zps0f5857de.jpg

Pinky is still my favorite fish :wub:

IMG_9127_zps0cec4aa5.jpg

IMG_9190_zps21c2e2a7.jpg

IMG_9130_zpsa64dd9a0.jpg

IMG_9174_zpsb8e82a62.jpg

Rebecca is incredibly difficult to photograph. She doesn't stop moving and I don't have camera skills for that :). She does this crazy torpedo move at night too before she dives into the sand for bed..it's crazy. She swims super fast..I guess she's getting all of her energy out before bed or something LOL.

My son is out for the holiday vacation :happydance:. So looking forward to this 2 weeks off. It's a busy time of year, but I love it :happydance:. Today we got our package from my Mom. Every year, along with our Christmas gifts, she sends me something from my childhood. This year she sent me one of my favorite dresses as a little girl. And it's even more special because it was handmade by her :happy:. I swear, I cry every year when I open the box from her LOL.

I sent my husband this picture and he said, "it still fits!!!!". Ummmm....not quite :).

christmasdress_zps50ad0b82.jpg

Jase!!!! omgomgomg Nice to see you :). Thank you!!!!!

Anytime Gena :).

I forgot to mention that the growth on your monti caps always amazes me, incredible :wub: .

That's a wonderful idea and beautiful sentimental tradition. I think I had a holly hobby doll at one point.

I look forward to it every year! She gets to clear things out so it's a win-win thing for us :).

Anytime Gena :).

I forgot to mention that the growth on your monti caps always amazes me, incredible :wub: .

Thanks, Jase! Wish I could send you some monti :).

What a great tradition. I'm telling my wife :)

I know you keep saying Rebecca is hard to photograph, but she's so photogenic that the pics keep turning out great anyway!

What a great tradition. I'm telling my wife :)

I know you keep saying Rebecca is hard to photograph, but she's so photogenic that the pics keep turning out great anyway!

Do you have a daughter? I'd do this tradition with my son but I'm not sure he would appreciate it as much as I do with my mom :). As I get older (and she gets older :(), this sort of thing means more and more to me.

For every one that turns out, 20 don't LOL. Even these are blurry :).

I have two daughters and a son. I agree it would mean a lot more for the girls!

Oh, definitely tell your wife :). I wish I had a daughter sometimes...in addition to my son :D.

Oh, definitely tell your wife :). I wish I had a daughter sometimes...in addition to my son :D.

OK, I told my wife and she got choked up just thinking about it :) The oldest is in college and the youngest is in 3rd grade so I think we can look forward to even more goodies stuffed up in the attic :P

Gena, this tank is crazy gorgeous as always! Glad to see it's still going strong :)

Awww...thanks t!!!!! Hope everything is going well on your end!!!!! I need to check in :).

rebeccA is beautiful! and so are you! love that little dress and so sweet if your mom! is she far?

Thank you :flower:. She is in Indiana. She made a lot of my clothes and clothes for my Barbie dolls too :D.

OK, I told my wife and she got choked up just thinking about it :) The oldest is in college and the youngest is in 3rd grade so I think we can look forward to even more goodies stuffed up in the attic :P

I know now to have tissues ready when I open the box LOL. Wow...quite a spread in ages for you!!!!

your tank is beautiful!

Thank you :flower:.

Eh, you ain't missing much from my end.

Oh yeah? I checked it out and I missed a lot!!!

I love the pictures, the little dress and the holiday tradition! It's all so beautiful and sweet.

Thanks TL :).

Shout out to the BEST Santa on nano-reef :wub:. Lawnman and I exchanged Christmas gifts and mine from him arrived today :bowdown:. Check it out!!!! omgomgomg

IMG_9191_zps3bcafe4e.jpg

He was incredibly generous :). Thank you, B :flower:.

In fishy news, I did my water change today because of the fluke treatment I've been doing. I went 6 days of treatment. I've emptied the skimmer cup 3 times now in the last 20 minutes :wacko:. This is going to take a while I think LOL. But the tank appears to be fluke free now. No fish flashing since the treatment started fingerscrossed.

My female neon goby is getting on my nerves. She's started annoying my squamosa clam again. She was pestering it a few months ago when the clam was at the back of the tank. When I moved it, she forgot about it. Now she has found it again :angry:. She likes to sit on it and then bite it and run away :angry:. Not sure what's going to happen here. I have no where else to move the clam. She's not easy to catch. I tried a little today with the net and no luck. I hate when this happens...grrrr. How long do neon gobies live???? LOL I think I've had her at least 2 years now.

Did some swapping things around this morning. I actually moved a lot of stuff around. Hopefully this new spot for the clam will protect it from the neon goby. She likes the protection of the monticap and the clam is further from that area now, so hopefully it's enough fingerscrossed.

IMG_9195_zpsfafdbd05.jpg

Scoly suffered a bit where I had placed it before, partially shaded. Hopefully it will color back up nicely again in this new position. It ate this morning.

IMG_9196_zpsd6ad1c58.jpg

Love the new scape, Gena. I'm feeling GBG envy :lol:

I know how to cure that feeling :). Thank you :flower:.

Looking good!

I think I'd like a clam, but I'm not sure my tank is ready or that I've got a nice sandy place to put it.

Thanks, Kim!!!! Go for it at 6 months. Feed it phytoplankton (I use reef nutrition live) and oyster feast. That's all I do and mine seem happy as clams LOL.

Moving the clam seems to be a success :happydance:. No harassing today at all from what I can tell!!!! Clam's been open and full and lush since the move and not half closed like before :). Looks like I get to keep the clam AND the fish fingerscrossed.

That is a beautiful wrasse! How is it adjusting?

Like a dream :happy:. She eats well. Very well behaved. I have zero complaints about her now that she doesn't make sand messes LOL. She found a new spot to sleep at night and I've no clue where. It's not at the front anymore. Before I could tell where she dove into the sand because I'd find sand on the coral in that area. But not anymore...I'm thinking she goes somewhere under the monticap rock which is where I was hoping she would go in the first place.

Her colors are out of this world stunning :wub:. I'm so glad I got her!

Archived