Top Shelf Aquatics

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

I loved my Greenbanded Goby. I found it very active for a small gobies. At first I thought I would put it in the tank and never see it again. Mine was always visible and jumping alongside the glass all the time. Fun little guys.

I've only had them 2 days now but they are really fitting right in. Exploring more and definitely feeling more comfortable in their new home :). 3 of them like hanging out on the back wall. One is always on and around the monticap and another hangs out by the big clam. You are right, they are very active and very fun little guys :happy:. I hope a few become gals and they have babies :lol:.
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there- just noticed Chris nominated me for TOTM and you +10000000- just wanted to say thanks and I appreciate it for sure. Just got back into town - found my reactor pump quit - ripped it apart and removed some sponges and now it's flowing- welcome home! Thanks again Gena

Wow- lots going on in your tank- great new additions- goby's are very personable for sure-5 - that's a lot of fun?

I love that pic. He looks like he's trekking through the Great Monti Cap Desert.

Yeah, I thought the same thing only it was a moonscape :lol:.

Hey there- just noticed Chris nominated me for TOTM and you +10000000- just wanted to say thanks and I appreciate it for sure. Just got back into town - found my reactor pump quit - ripped it apart and removed some sponges and now it's flowing- welcome home! Thanks again Gena

Wow- lots going on in your tank- great new additions- goby's are very personable for sure-5 - that's a lot of fun

You, my friend, deserve it sooooo much!!!! I hope Chris recognizes you and your tank. Actually I have no doubt that he will :happydance:.

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

I have goose bumps :lol:

I have some photos for the new page :D.

My SPS :happy:. I have 6 different ones. And all but one was a gift/freebie. My slimer is from Felicia. The pink acro is from Glenn. My very favorite blue acro is from Glenn too. The pocillopra is from Ark/Indy. The orange/red digitata is from Claudia. And the spongodes, I think I bought LOL. I can't remember for the life of me where or whom I got that from :). Each piece is on it's own rock so as they grow I can just scoot them further away from each other.

IMG_8829_zpsdae1f8f3.jpg

pink wrasse :wub:

IMG_8818_zps0521ac93.jpg

More goby love

IMG_8834_zps67b9b9c2.jpg

IMG_8837_zps6a1cf6fa.jpg

IMG_8840_zps0fbf9899.jpg

And......got my calendars omgomgomg. They are super nice quality. Look at this cover :wub:.

IMG_3238_zpsef1e2df7.jpg

And I got the month of love...February.

IMG_3236_zpsc3400e92.jpg

jedimasterben

dem gobies be tiny. Mine stared down some cyclopeeze today, and the trigger ate a small bit of mysis, they're still adjusting to the tank. None of them come out from behind one big rock pile, they live there with the watchman goby :lol:

oh wow, your calendar pic is awesome...looks like a photo straight from a magazine!

Thank you :). I wish I had more calendars, but they were nice enough to give me 3. I was blown away by the quality of it. I expected something cheap and flimsy and these are not!

I always liked that pic. They were smart to choose it

Thank you :).

Awesome pics as usual is that the same goby chilling in your cap? Is that "his/her spot" SPS as gifts- it's the season.

Thanks, sk8! I don't think it's the same goby. This one is a little bigger. This morning there were 4 of them hanging out in the monticap. They sure like that green monti. They hop around all over it and under it. I shot a video of them :).

dem gobies be tiny. Mine stared down some cyclopeeze today, and the trigger ate a small bit of mysis, they're still adjusting to the tank. None of them come out from behind one big rock pile, they live there with the watchman goby :lol:

You have a lot more flow than me...maybe that's why they aren't coming out.

So far mine are doing really well. All of them are eating. In fact, yesterday afternoon one grabbed a live blackworm bigger than him, and slurped it down like spaghetti. Took it a minute to do it :lol:. That guy didn't eat any of the cyclopeeze after that big meal :).

I'm so glad I went for these guys. Looking forward to them getting bigger so I can see them better :lol:.

jedimasterben

You have a lot more flow than me...maybe that's why they aren't coming out.

Yes, that is possible, I have the gyre cranked up pretty decently high and the tank is barebottom right now, so the flow can get up under the rocks and such. I'll try turning it down for a while and see if it gets them to come out a bit more.

I'm in the mood to buy coral. I have my eye on something from Cultivated Reef called Gender Bender Micromussa..it's pink and blue :wub:. Maybe they'll have a Black Friday sale.

Here's another goby video. This one is a bit longer. I really need to get my tripod out for these videos!

Cute!

Thanks, kimber! The monticap has become the goby playground it seems :D. I still counted all 5 today too. I think they're going to be just fine in this tank :).
jedimasterben

One of my gobies tried to find the ocean today, he's a little crispy now! :lol:

I saw three of the remaining four today, but they're so tiny it's just by luck that I see them.

One of my gobies tried to find the ocean today, he's a little crispy now! :lol:

I saw three of the remaining four today, but they're so tiny it's just by luck that I see them.

You know...I worry about that too. I have a screen top but they could easily fit right through the holes. I hope they grow fast!!!!!!

Sorry about your crispy goby :(. Did you turn the flow down at all to see if they'll come out?

jedimasterben

You know...I worry about that too. I have a screen top but they could easily fit right through the holes. I hope they grow fast!!!!!!

Sorry about your crispy goby :(. Did you turn the flow down at all to see if they'll come out?

I turned it down a bit but I think they're scared, more than likely. I've got three very large (in comparison) fish cruising around. I see them peeking around and under the rocks, but never out of them.

Love the new gobies! They're so cute. & I love that micromussa! Been looking at getting some more too since my blastos seem to hate me. I got some red micros from Reef Gardener & they're awesome.

I hope the green plate turns around for you :( I dipped my little one along with some others, but the frag rack they were on fell down & dumped everything face first into the sand :furious: :furious: :furious: . Needless to say, they all died, as they were like that for hours probably until I came home. Grrr. This hobby is so fun and so aggravating at times.

I turned it down a bit but I think they're scared, more than likely. I've got three very large (in comparison) fish cruising around. I see them peeking around and under the rocks, but never out of them.

Well hopefully they'll feel comfortable enough to come out! If it's safe for them :).

That purple & green together is such a show piece- i love that they're playing in/around it for you.

Thanks, Annette :).

rainbow acan or pink acan! toxic hammer! alveopora or gonipora!

My next tank I will have a bunch of acans. I just don't have the room for them right now. Story of my life LOL.

pink acan. 048_zpsa269c09c.jpg

Purdy!

Love the new gobies! They're so cute. & I love that micromussa! Been looking at getting some more too since my blastos seem to hate me. I got some red micros from Reef Gardener & they're awesome.

I hope the green plate turns around for you :( I dipped my little one along with some others, but the frag rack they were on fell down & dumped everything face first into the sand :furious: :furious: :furious: . Needless to say, they all died, as they were like that for hours probably until I came home. Grrr. This hobby is so fun and so aggravating at times.

Hi, Jaime....you've been MIA!!! Glad to see you back :happy:.

I've been eyeing that micromussa for awhile now. And I saw they ARE having a Black Friday sale. I think it was 20% off!!!!!! I think I might order it this week! Maybe :).

aggravating is the word for sure sometimes :).

I made a video today (you guys are probably thinking...another one???? LOL)!!!! It's not ready yet though. It's a fancy music video. Hopefully I can get it uploaded to Youtube and post it here tonight :).

Archived