Coral Vue Hydros

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Awesome costume, Gena! Very you! I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with the wig. They're such a pain. I think the costume looks great with your natural hair, and I love how you styled it!

TWD tonight!!! 8 minutes to go! I am really liking this season so far. I was getting a bit bored last season, but the first 2 episodes of this season have been amazing.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the light install is going well for you today fingerscrossed.

How was RAP????? I'm sorry I missed it more so for missing out on meeting you since I know what the experience of RAP already is. Next time you're in Burbank, let me know!!!!!

RAP was OK. I thought there would be more demonstrations and new products. I also thought it would be bigger.

The booth babes that approached me were nice though. :D Suppose old gray hair guys are harmless?!! :unsure:

There were a lot of good deals on frags. I did not buy any; still fighting a hair algae out break in my tank.

It is amazing how the vendors ship fish and frags and set up the tanks so quickly.

Most the people I met were nice and fun to talk to.

Nice costume BTW. You know how to work that dress. :)

Wow, you know how to wear a dress Gena! Beautiful!

Thanks, Annette!!!! How'd your party go????

Awesome costume, Gena! Very you! I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with the wig. They're such a pain. I think the costume looks great with your natural hair, and I love how you styled it!

TWD tonight!!! 8 minutes to go! I am really liking this season so far. I was getting a bit bored last season, but the first 2 episodes of this season have been amazing.

Thanks, Felicia :). It was so much nicer without a wig even if it wasn't "authentic" for the costume :).

OMG....LOVED last nights TWD!!!!! So far so good this season. Loved the first episode. The second was ok...a little boring for me. But last nights was excellent :happydance:.

RAP was OK. I thought there would be more demonstrations and new products. I also thought it would be bigger.

The booth babes that approached me were nice though. :D Suppose old gray hair guys are harmless?!! :unsure:

There were a lot of good deals on frags. I did not buy any; still fighting a hair algae out break in my tank.

It is amazing how the vendors ship fish and frags and set up the tanks so quickly.

Most the people I met were nice and fun to talk to.

Nice costume BTW. You know how to work that dress. :)

I watched part of one demonstration last year since I was waiting anyways for my husband and son. I think it was how to buff out a scratch on an acrylic aquarium using one of those buffing kits. Did you spin the wheel at Marine Depot's booth? Last year we got a cool t-shirt out of it and some fish food :).

Thanks about the dress :lol:. I fixed the upside down issue. It wasn't photobucket's fault, it was mine :lol:.

Oh...did you get the light done????

Nice new chalice, and that dress! Don't blame you for not wanting to wear a wig, ugh. A friend of mine wants me to cosplay as a character from a game we play when we go to a local convention, but she has waist-length (at least) purple hair. And is blue, but that's besides the point. :lol:

Thanks, Annette!!!! How'd your party go????

Thanks, Felicia :). It was so much nicer without a wig even if it wasn't "authentic" for the costume :).

OMG....LOVED last nights TWD!!!!! So far so good this season. Loved the first episode. The second was ok...a little boring for me. But last nights was excellent :happydance:.

I watched part of one demonstration last year since I was waiting anyways for my husband and son. I think it was how to buff out a scratch on an acrylic aquarium using one of those buffing kits. Did you spin the wheel at Marine Depot's booth? Last year we got a cool t-shirt out of it and some fish food :).

Thanks about the dress :lol:. I fixed the upside down issue. It wasn't photobucket's fault, it was mine :lol:.

Oh...did you get the light done????

Party went well. Friends & I got there at 8 and we then went back to her place and didn't crash til 3:30. I'll get a daylight pic at work wear my costume then. It turned out dark.

Nice new chalice, and that dress! Don't blame you for not wanting to wear a wig, ugh. A friend of mine wants me to cosplay as a character from a game we play when we go to a local convention, but she has waist-length (at least) purple hair. And is blue, but that's besides the point. :lol:

Thanks, Jaime :). I wore a wig last Halloween and it was horrible LOL. If it was only gonna be a couple of hours, I would have done it. So are you gonna do it? :)

Your costume was great. Its most like what Marilyn's hair was like au natural lol

Thanks! You know, you're right. It is more like Norma Jean :). Although her hair was even darker than that. She looked good in any hair color :).

you look great in that dress!

Thanks, ninja :flower:.

Party went well. Friends & I got there at 8 and we then went back to her place and didn't crash til 3:30. I'll get a daylight pic at work wear my costume then. It turned out dark.

Awesome! Sounds like a ton of fun. Looking forward to seeing the photos!!!!!!

Thanks, Jaime :). I wore a wig last Halloween and it was horrible LOL. If it was only gonna be a couple of hours, I would have done it. So are you gonna do it? :)

Ehh, I need to learn to sew first so I can make the costume. I'm not a huge fan of wigs either; they get too hot & itchy! We keep saying we're going to cosplay though so I'll get aound to it eventually.

Very nice zoas! What's that blue acro at the bottom?

Thanks, Mr. M!!!!! That is a no-name that I got as a freebie from Glenn. I call it "my something blue" acro :). I really love it. It's the only blue coral in my tank so it's extra special :happy:.

+1. Also, your cat looks exactly like one of mine.

Thanks :). She's a sweetie when she wants to be LOL. She's 18.5 years old. If you ever need to find her, she'll either be in the kitchen begging for turkey lunch meat or right there in her cozy heated bed :lol:.

IMG_3186_zpsea4988fd.jpg

Thanks, Mr. M!!!!! That is a no-name that I got as a freebie from Glenn. I call it "my something blue" acro :). I really love it. It's the only blue coral in my tank so it's extra special :happy:.

Thanks :). She's a sweetie when she wants to be LOL. She's 18.5 years old. If you ever need to find her, she'll either be in the kitchen begging for turkey lunch meat or right there in her cozy heated bed :lol:.

IMG_3186_zpsea4988fd.jpg

Ok, 'sorta' similar. They could be distant cousins!

post-85688-0-02815300-1414719324_thumb.jpg

My buddy Shane and his wife always carve cool pumpkins.

Those are awesome :bowdown:

So....tell me if I'm in trouble. Today during my waterchange I accidently gravel vac'd my open brain coral LOL. It was all fluffy and happy and I got too close to it. Now it has 2 slits/cuts in the flesh. It's still fluffy and has it's tentacles out. Have you had that happen, Lawn? Or anyone? Was the brain able to recover?

Those are awesome :bowdown:So....tell me if I'm in trouble. Today during my waterchange I accidently gravel vac'd my open brain coral LOL. It was all fluffy and happy and I got too close to it. Now it has 2 slits/cuts in the flesh. It's still fluffy and has it's tentacles out. Have you had that happen, Lawn? Or anyone? Was the brain able to recover?
It should be fine. I have done that before and the heal up with no problems.

It should be fine. I have done that before and the heal up with no problems.

Thank goodness. Thanks!!!!!! It seems like it could just fuse back together fingerscrossed.

Did you hand out much candy this evening? I'm handing out in between typing here :lol:.

I participated in my first live sale today. That was fun :lol:. I hope these become more regular on here. I only bought one thing. Something I've always wanted :).

Cynarina_zps1d2ba368.jpeg

Got my order from ERC today :happydance:.

I'm in love with my FIRST meat coral :wub:. It's not even fully open yet and I love it :).

IMG_8723_zps3b286297.jpg

IMG_8720_zps14682716.jpg

Plus they gave me a freebie pink and green favia :wub:

IMG_8719_zpscd2780d0.jpg

In pet drama news. My white cat went blind suddenly last night! WTH!!!! She's bumping into walls like my dog was doing :(. Got online and read that high blood pressure can make it happen suddenly. We took her into the vet this morning and sure enough, her blood pressure is sky high. So I'm waiting on the pharmacy to call and let me know I can pick up her medication. There's a chance she can get her eye sight back if we can control this blood pressure soon. I tell ya...always something here :lol:. She is 18 so I can't say I'm surprised but it still stinks. Hopefully she can get her eyesight back. She's doing pretty well even without it. Still can jump up on things, etc.

Archived