Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Roger's Nikon Adventure

TheKleinReef

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had some fun with Color Effects Pro 2,

I'm liking it so far.

I got booked for 2 portrait sessions! :D yay!

I'm slowly honing in on my style of editing.

portraits: Contrasty, cooler, and add a little grain for character.

landscapes: warmer, darker. almost apocalyptic, but still inspiring. (pic in #126)

21047211236_7794d9b316_b.jpgselfie nik edit-1 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally proud enough to release a picture I took of my best friend for his senior portraits. Let me know what you guys think! I have a couple hundred, but this one is my favorite.

22293946598_9d79259670_b.jpgJoe-3 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

D610

Nikon 105mm IF ED VR f/2.8

FL: 105mm

A: f/3.2

SS: 1/125

ISO: 500

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just going to delete my comments.

Good luck with your photography.

Okay then.

Obviously you don't how lighthearted and sarcastic I am.

Just seemed rude to call someone's art garbage.

I'm always willing to learn more, but I'm a firm believer in humility.

No matter how good or famous you are, stay humble.

• 4 months later...
TheKleinReef

Wow! Really cool photos! Learning a lot from this thread.

I have a bad habit of over editing, but I'm slowly learning to hold back to avoid the over edit look.

I actually take vibrance and saturation down while giving a slight clarity boost. The nasty vignette on some of the pictures isn't from editing either, the 24-120 f4 has a nasty vignette at 24mm where I do most of my shooting for landscapes. I'm looking to get a 14-24mm f2.8.

I have a bad habit of over editing, but I'm slowly learning to hold back to avoid the over edit look.

I actually take vibrance and saturation down while giving a slight clarity boost. The nasty vignette on some of the pictures isn't from editing either, the 24-120 f4 has a nasty vignette at 24mm where I do most of my shooting for landscapes. I'm looking to get a 14-24mm f2.8.

Please...give yourself some credit. They look great.

Try not to use the clarity option. It can do some weird stuff.

Look up Chris Burkard video that he did. I forgot the name of the website but they hosted a free two day video that had some much good info. I learned a TON from his editing section.

Any who, great photos.

Archived