Cultivated Reef

ADA 60P

ptboy6

Ok. So I'm slowly working on a new build. I need a little more room in my tank than a 30C. :)

Here's the plan:

Sketchup1_zpsc835fe87.jpg

Here's the stand build:

2-1_zps8cee6a81.jpg

I acidentally put the top bar backwards so the stand is a mirror of the sketchup. I hope it doesn't bite me in the butt later.

1_zps3965ac9c.jpg

Doors installed and ready for painting...

3-3_zps0e423dae.jpg

4-2_zpsb36c3db0.jpg

The hinges are soft-close hinges so it won't scare the fish. :)

5-2_zps88de5c4f.jpg

Primer coat. I've changed my mind about the interior color scheme. This one is going to be white/baby blue. I'm going to convert the 30C to a planted tank and plan to build a matching stand for it as well. That one will be painted green instead.

6-1_zps919c9fe5.jpg

That's all the progress so far with the stand. It'll be a long process of finishing it because I plan to do 6-7 coats of varnish after the interior is painted. After that it's 3 weeks of drying before actually using it. I don't want any moisture to seep into the wood because I used a combo-core plywood and MDF is not too good with water. :)

Here's my ADA tanks sitting there: IMG_0517.jpg

I'm going to be running a 20L as a sump. I have a AquaMaxx AM150 skimmer rated for 160gals. :o I'm debating on using that or get a SWC120 or RLSS R6 :wub: . I'll be running T5's over this tank. I've got a bunch of acans that looks yucky under LEDs. lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Muahaha

1st one here. Can't wait for this build. You going to use the ecotech radions?

Edit: saw the ecotech radions in pic, nvm. :)

Deleted User 4

Wow!! You never told how professional you were at DIY stands!!

Now I know who to go to for stands. :)

You drive a Lexus?? Mercedes ftw man!!

so tempted to start a shallow nano. but i'd rather keep a big shallow tank (: haha

DO IT! I honestly like keeping nano tanks better than larger ones. The only drawback is that I can't have the fishies I want. lol

Muahaha

1st one here. Can't wait for this build. You going to use the ecotech radions?

Edit: saw the ecotech radions in pic, nvm. :)

WOot Woot! You're the one who convinced me to start a thread. lol The radions are probably gonna go in the sump as a fuge light. lol

Deleted User 4

Bullish--. Lol if radions substitute as a fuge light, then what lighting will you use for the display??

Wow!! You never told how professional you were at DIY stands!! Now I know who to go to for stands. :) You drive a Lexus?? Mercedes ftw man!!

Benz 's and BMW's has too much electrical problems. lol I'm more comfy in a Lex. :)

Man that's a clean stand. Nice progress!

Thanks! I'll try to update more as I go along but this is gonna be a long build. I rush my last build a lil so I'm taking my sweet time. :)

Bullish--. Lol if radions substitute as a fuge light, then what lighting will you use for the display??

T5's ATI Sunpower 4x24w.. 3 blue+ 1 coral+

Deleted User 4

True. BMW is terrible at maintenance, worse than Mercedes IMO. I'm still sticking with Mercedes though. My style man. :)

Nice! Another 60-P. We can be slow build bros! :P

LOL. You've got more progress than me! Let's work together on this one. I'm new to doing sumps n stuff. lol

Drift Monkey

LOL. You've got more progress than me! Let's work together on this one. I'm new to doing sumps n stuff. lol

Me too, this'll be my first sumped setup. Deal!

i do believe it is. i wish i had the bioload to use it. ive never had a skimmer thats this quiet before.

lol I wish I had the bioload too! I've heard that skimmer is super nice. If you still have it available when I finish setting up or I'm able to sell this AquaMaxx skimmer, I'll hit you up. :D

Yes! :D I also love the stand!

Thanks. :D

Whoo! Another T5 user... Been thinking about using 3 blue+ and coral + for awhile too...

I'll let you know how it goes. :) I've seen LPS under blue+ only and they look really good. Since I plan to do mixed, I'll mix a coral+ with it. :)

Deleted User 4
Whoo! Another T5 user... Been thinking about using 3 blue+ and coral + for awhile too...

Oh what! I missed that....

Radion in the fuge? Wow, talk about baller!

LOL maybe. I don't know what to do with it. I don't wanna run LED's. I've had it for over a year and never touched it. Originally I was going to run them on a new build but I've decided to go T5's. Don't wanna sell them and lose $250 for nothing since ecotech dropped the price. lol

Really ptboy? I thought you were joking when you said the radions were going to light up the fuge....

I dunno what else to do with them... lol might as well put them to work...

Archived