Innovative Marine Aquariums

Drift Monkey's ADA 60-P (Rebooted!)

Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey

I have never used an in-line heater but from what I've heard, it's a lot better than your conventional heaters. Kinda like using a chiller I guess; you run your water through it before going back into the tank. I would just check how much flow it requires you to have.

They're usually used with canisters (the original reason I got it) and those don't flow all that much...so your typical pump should be plenty I'd think. I do like that it will instantly heat the water with 200W bursts of heat...that would seem to make things more stable over the long term.

One potential issue I'm thinking about is whether to T off the return line (back into the sump) before or after the heater. I'm not sure if I have room in this stand to put the heater inside or not...but it'd be nice to.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How big is the heater? I'm sure you can mount it somehow inside the stand. As for how the flow goes, I'll let someone with real experience chime in. Lol.

Drift Monkey

How big is the heater? I'm sure you can mount it somehow inside the stand. As for how the flow goes, I'll let someone with real experience chime in. Lol.

I don't remember the exact length....but probably a foot or so long. I can check when I get home. Only problem is that these have to be mounted vertically to work correctly. That being said, if I have to end up T-ing it off agfter the heater, I could be pushing it for space.

Is there a particular reason you wouldn't want an in sump heater?

Well, for one thing I have it just laying around, and inline heaters are pretty effecient at stabilizing temps quickly.

...and because I don't wanna spend any more money? :P

Drift Monkey

What in line you have I've thought about going to one to save space

Hydor ETH 200 In-Line External Heater (1/2")

I've been always curious of inline heaters. Let me know how you like it.

hype has one on his cube and loves it. i might really consider getting one soon

Drift Monkey

I've been always curious of inline heaters. Let me know how you like it.

Will do Paul! Now I'm glad I found it!

hype has one on his cube and loves it. i might really consider getting one soon

I'll let you know my own experiences here as well. They seem great in theory and there's gotta be a reason a lot of planted tank people use 'em.

Love the tank!

Thanks frags! :)

That is probably the slickest stand I have seen in a very long time, looks great. I'm interested in seeing how your razor goes, I'm looking at one for myself.

Drift Monkey

Got a few goodies in the mail today... :D

969355_10151484029201137_954102251_n.jpg

Nano Reef Aquariums Book by Albert Thiel himself, Glass-Holes Super Nano Overflow, and Eheim 1250. My GF said she got some weird looks from the people at my apartment's office for the "Glass-Holes" box...also for the "Reef Crystals" box (which she left there for now because it was too much for her for grab in just one trip). :haha: She insists I go pick up the box of Reef Crystals so she doesn't have to deal with it. :haha:

Glass-Holes upgraded my shipping for priority for free. Good customer support there...free fun dip! :D

Also, notice my little furball in the background...

944492_10151484029026137_1649141881_n.jp

Signed copy! B)

248320_10151484029126137_1661043647_n.jp

Eheim 1250. This thing is a beast! I'm not sure what I was expecting...but I guess I've never had a pump quite this large. Seems solid. I got an awesome deal on it over at valuepetsupplies.com of anyone's looking for one. Awesome customer service too!

I got a butt load more stuff today...but I'm not sure if the GF grabbed it or not. Updates when I get my grubby little hands on 'em! :happy:

Drift Monkey

Get the razor already... :mellow:

Yea get on that.

4ab547afaa91c1aaa0b820475b8ea535_zpsb9b4

This ol' thang? B)

960166_10151484069316137_1241110657_n.jp

I thought you were a Razor hater Brad? :P

Never said I hate it, just haven't seen any real nice tanks yet. But found a couple on reef central.

Would the 27" cover a 36x18x18? Rather buy a $500 light than 1 radion pro and a radion pro upgrade, that's like $1200.

Drift Monkey

Never said I hate it, just haven't seen any real nice tanks yet. But found a couple on reef central.

Would the 27" cover a 36x18x18? Rather buy a $500 light than 1 radion pro and a radion pro upgrade, that's like $1200.

It should. Maxspect claims the 160w version will throw out enough light for a 48" SPS tank for what it's worth.

Yea get on that. 4ab547afaa91c1aaa0b820475b8ea535_zpsb9b4
That tank is what convinced me to get mine!

I'm a bit hurt by that statement! Haha I know the Razor's color spectrum is better than the Radion and it looks cooler imo.
Drift Monkey

The fun don't stop here y'all!

184527_10151484079836137_729834522_n.jpg

Never gotta haul back gallons upon gallons from the store ever again! :D

That tank is what convinced me to get mine!

I'm a bit hurt by that statement! Haha I know the Razor's color spectrum is better than the Radion and it looks cooler imo.

Your tank is still young. I am talking about fully stocked SPS tanks.

I am gonna buy the 27" razor and test it out.

It should. Maxspect claims the 160w version will throw out enough light for a 48" SPS tank for what it's worth.

Word. I forgot I found an ada 90p with the razor, and he loves it. The 90p is the same size as the new tank I'm getting.

Archived