Innovative Marine Aquariums

Do!Aqua 20C pico reef (2 gallons)

IWannaGoFast

IWannaGoFast

Hi All,

I got out of reefing for a while and went back to planted tanks, but I guess once your bit by the bug you can never escape.

I just set this up yesterday, a friend gave me water, liverock and some zoas and mushrooms. Hopefully it won't go through too bad of a cycle. I'm running an aquaclear30 with purigen and the sponge insert. I plan to remove the sponge and just run purigen and maybe a bag of chemipure-elite.

Light is a no name PAR38, with 2 neutral white and 3 royal blues.

I'm thinking I might just do a bunch of nice zoas and maybe acans. No fish, but I'll probably put 5-6 sexy shrimp in.

Here are some quick iphone shots, I'll take some nicer ones once the water clears up

W3JtVVO.jpg?1

PTtSFhu.jpg?1

Thanks for looking!

monkeypie102

I really love this setup :-) I hope everything works out for you and the cycle isn't to bad.... just one thing if you get sexy shrimp they need to be kept in odd numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
IWannaGoFast

Ok update!

I've added a sack of chemipure elite to the filter and fitted a JBJ auto top off to the tank.

I've also added some corals and a trio of sexy shrimp

coral list:

Rasta zoas

Red Hornet zoas

Captain america zoas

blue ricordia

green people eaters

and... that's the only ones whose names I know

Anyways, more pictures!

2iFYLjt.jpg

z8eVvVN.jpg

sWhbkqS.jpg

42yP0dY.jpg

I am literally making a list of all the things you are using right now :P I have some old aquarium supplies laying around (including a slightly modded AC30) and I'd love to start a mini-reef like this! Following!

Where did you get the actual tank, by the way? I went to their site but it wouldn't let me add it to a cart or anything.

IWannaGoFast

i really like your aquascape and the placement of your corals. how could a new tank look that nice?

Thanks! I got the live rock from a friend's tank that's been running for years plus water right from his tank so it was like instant cycle.

I am literally making a list of all the things you are using right now :P I have some old aquarium supplies laying around (including a slightly modded AC30) and I'd love to start a mini-reef like this! Following!

Where did you get the actual tank, by the way? I went to their site but it wouldn't let me add it to a cart or anything.

Thanks! I got the tank from aqua forest, I live like 2 blocks away so I walked there haha

Archived