Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

50g Zeovit Tank....

Funkateer_1

Maricultured pieces bring in a lot of funky parasties, they have coloring up issues, and I believe that the frag discs they mount stuff on can leach PO4 and silicate in the water.

I will totally agree with you on the coloring up. I personally haven't had too many other issues with them. But they have been a pain to regain color
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funkateer_1

.... haha yup and I still bought one,

I've sold, purchased, and handled hundreds of maricultured pieces working in the industry so close to LA. These are just patterns i've seen working with them. When they stick they do quite well and a lot of them seem to get cool things like sponge growth on the bases and trapezia crabs. However, I do have strict dip and QT protocols while working with them.

.... haha yup and I still bought one,

I've sold, purchased, and handled hundreds of maricultured pieces working in the industry so close to LA. These are just patterns i've seen working with them. When they stick they do quite well and a lot of them seem to get cool things like sponge growth on the bases and trapezia crabs. However, I do have strict dip and QT protocols while working with them.

Im right there with you, my last trip to UWWE on 104th i came home with two trapezias in a poci and 4 Cymo andreossyi on one milli lol

2zsn247.jpg

Just got this guy ( Acropora abrotanoides?) too.... I usually avoid maricultred pieces like a plague, but this acro was too nice to pass up

This type of sps are my favy!Nice find

• 2 weeks later...

9/5/13

9fxiqu.jpg

1p74nm.jpg
ORA Bonsai

2e51paf.jpg
PC Rainbow Acro

16h6q37.jpg
Diablo Mille

j8gmfn.jpg
Bali Slimer

126db8z.jpg
Red Mille

2q22s94.jpg
Red/Yellow pasmmacora

New obsession: dart frogs!

2vv73oo.jpg

Phyllobates vittatus.

10z8y6v.jpg

71p98k.jpg

whats the dimensions on the frog tank? been wanting to start one but need something tiny. that looks like the perfect size to me

It's 9" long, 12" wide, and 20" tall. It houses one vittatus and I just ordered 2 more online. I wanted something small too, it was given to me by a service guy friend as a kickback for a client referral. Just throw in some fruit flies, throw a basic LED strip on 6 hours a day, and keep it nice and humid. I placed riccia all over the log today so hopefully it'll take off!

28j9tgz.jpg

Also.... macro of the day! Dendros are probably some of the most beautiful animals out there.

Actinics.... Even with the power-heads off the shimmer from the halides is too intense to get a good focus.

Here's a picture from last month of the tank with the main lights on...

1zpoe9g.jpg

How long have you worked for zeovit?

Don't work for zeovit.... in fact just the opposite. give them lots and lots and lots of my money.

I do work in the industry as a sales rep and technician for a large aquarium/livestock retailer. In fact... we just started carrying the entire KZ line thanks to me!

Archived