Pod Your Reef

50g Zeovit Tank....

Funkateer_1

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funkateer_1

New lights!!! Im not gonna get to hanging them till after finals in a week or two. I think 13 watts per gallon should be adequate...

2z9i3wx.jpg

2rrtkwx.jpg

You should get some good colour and growth from the new fixture, look forward to pictures of it hanging. Good luck with finals.

Funkateer_1

You should get some good colour and growth from the new fixture, look forward to pictures of it hanging. Good luck with finals.

I went and picked some SPS from Bogg and he had 2 planets over his elos 160. Needless to say, I realized I did not have anywhere near enough light over my tank lol.

Forgot to ask you, which MH option did you go for? Did you take advantage of the sale?

I have seen Boggs postings for coral, I'm sure you got some nice pieces.

Christine

Funkateer_1

Forgot to ask you, which MH option did you go for? Did you take advantage of the sale?

I have seen Boggs postings for coral, I'm sure you got some nice pieces.

Christine

I got it used locally, its 2 x 250w and 4 x 39w T5s. I might get dimmable ballasts for it as well, it came with icecaps. Going to the local hydroponic shop later today to see what they got. I'm going to be using Hexarc Pheonix 14k bulbs.

I got it used locally, its 2 x 250w and 4 x 39w T5s. I might get dimmable ballasts for it as well, it came with icecaps. Going to the local hydroponic shop later today to see what they got. I'm going to be using Hexarc Pheonix 14k bulbs.

I think your covered for light, looks like you want to grow some coral!

Tank is looking fantastic

Christine :)

Funkateer_1

Some new additions. Still haven't hung the lights. Maybe a project in a week or two.

2z513d0.jpg

Orange Mille

2rh3ard.jpg

Pink Stylo

2zyx5ib.jpg

Orange Spathulata

2n1cfvq.jpg

Leng Sy Cap

in8wgm.jpg

ORA Belina

2jaj294.jpg

Red Mille

Funkateer_1

Thank you for the kind words. Im very happy with zeo and can't wait to up the light. I just took out my abalone and now my frags are staying on the rocks where they belong haha.

Funkateer_1

Finally was able to get my hands on another male Marjorie wrasse to pair with my female. I gotta tell ya, its a tough fish to track down.

wasr5y.jpg

kcgwo3.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Funkateer_1

Got a new phone with a much more flattering camera. Ill take some more photos as I have time...

1zzja8k.jpg

sw4oat.jpg
This thing is growling like a weed under halides!

2eghglk.jpg
Red Mille

j91xfa.jpg
Hawkins Echinata

2vjagrs.jpg
Pink Planet Acropora

14typvp.jpg
Vivid Purple Stag

2qd32ug.jpg
Spongebob Spathulata

• 2 weeks later...
Funkateer_1

2zsn247.jpg

Just got this guy ( Acropora abrotanoides?) too.... I usually avoid maricultred pieces like a plague, but this acro was too nice to pass up

Sure does look like an abro. Picked up one of those years ago and couldn't maintain the beautiful colors. I'm tagging along to see how this beautiful tank matures.

2zsn247.jpg

Just got this guy ( Acropora abrotanoides?) too.... I usually avoid maricultred pieces like a plague, but this acro was too nice to pass up

nice piece, curious why you avoid maricultured corals? I have my own opinions on them but just curious to hear yours :)

Funkateer_1

nice piece, curious why you avoid maricultured corals? I have my own opinions on them but just curious to hear yours :)

Maricultured pieces bring in a lot of funky parasties, they have coloring up issues, and I believe that the frag discs they mount stuff on can leach PO4 and silicate in the water.

Maricultured pieces bring in a lot of funky parasties, they have coloring up issues, and I believe that the frag discs they mount stuff on can leach PO4 and silicate in the water.

+1

Archived