ReefCleaners.org

Protein skimmer

Popan

Hey,

I have a Coralife BC 29 and I want a protein skimmer in the first chamber. i see there is some people that made the aquaticlife 115 fit in the first chamber. Any suggestions to how or maybe an alternative to a skimmer that is at that price range and compact? Will making it fit reduce the performance?

Hey,

I have a Coralife BC 29 and I want a protein skimmer in the first chamber. i see there is some people that made the aquaticlife 115 fit in the first chamber. Any suggestions to how or maybe an alternative to a skimmer that is at that price range and compact? Will making it fit reduce the performance?

I can't personally comment on performance or fitment as I have never tried or needed to. What I have herd is that you do need to do a few mods for it to fit in the first chamber. I believe it is making a stand so that it is lifed up in the chamber as it's hanging bracket will not work in this tank due to the changes from the Oceanic model.

The Tunze 9002 can fit in the second chamber. I don't' know of any other skimmer that actually work and fit in the first chamber. You could also use the media and fuge baskets with regular water changes. A skimmer is not 100% necessary.

Archived