ReefCleaners.org

ATI Powermodule T5 + LED (NOW W/ REEFBRITE RETROFIT)

eksblenny

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats an awesome light fixture!. Beautiful tank as well, Whats the dimensions on it?

Thanks! It is an Elos 70 55g (around 30L x 22D x 20H).

I lobe my dimmable 6 bulb sunpower. Doesn't seem cheap at all to me.

I love my Sunpower too! I love my Radion as well. They are all great lights, just at different price points haha.

Jackal_Knight

WOW to both your tank, and that light. but the price is ridiculous. still makes me wanna upgrade my cheapo T5's fixture to an ATI sunpower now.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates to this light? I am thinking of getting this light...I already have a modded ATI Sunpower with LED, but I want a sleeker unit with maybe 8 tubes...

How is the shimmer with the T5's on full blast and LED's on say 50% or 70%?

Can the individual LED channels be modified by themselves?

• 1 month later...
Here's an update on the tank using the light. The growth has been pretty substantial. I've had to move all of my big corals, including the huge squamosa, toadstool, elegance, ducans, torch, and more.

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

Wow! All that LPS I am following along on this meaty baby :).
Sweet Jesus that is badass

Sweet zombie Jesus, this might be the nicest tank I've ever seen.

This thread has put the ATI LED PowerModule on my dream tank equipment list!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I retro-fitted two 24" reefbrite blue LED strips. This was mainly to get some more actinic supplementation. I didn't expect the reefbrites to be so bright, and it is too overpowering with all the lights on. So, I run reefbrites ONLY for an hour after sunset so I can enjoy the super actinic fluorescent painted tank look haha.

Photos below are with REEFBRITES ONLY (plus my ATI moonlight mode):

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_24071.jpg

Wow just wow, speechless...how do you white balance for your shots? I still can't figure out the best way to do it, especially not under pure actinic LEDs like that.

This makes me want to supplement one strip to my sunpower... I miss the led pop, did you go tech or xho

I went with the regular tech. However I went with two strips. It significantly changes the color of my tank with 4 T5 bulbs.

Wow just wow, speechless...how do you white balance for your shots? I still can't figure out the best way to do it, especially not under pure actinic LEDs like that.

Thanks ChouDawg. With all blue LEDs I do not use a custom white balance on my camera. Ideally you will shoot your image in RAW format and edit the color temperature in Photoshop. I select the highest possible color temp (50,000K). You also want to shoot your photos underexposed to avoid hotspots which is very common with LED lighting. In my case I select -3/4 or -1 underexposure on my camera.

I went with the regular tech. However I went with two strips. It significantly changes the color of my tank with 4 T5 bulbs.

Thanks ChouDawg. With all blue LEDs I do not use a custom white balance on my camera. Ideally you will shoot your image in RAW format and edit the color temperature in Photoshop. I select the highest possible color temp (50,000K). You also want to shoot your photos underexposed to avoid hotspots which is very common with LED lighting. In my case I select -3/4 or -1 underexposure on my camera.

I shoot in Raw as well, will try underexposing on my next batch, do you adjust the exposure afterwards? I have LR4 and PS CS4 and can't for the life of me figure out where to do a 50,000K white balance? Do you do the same for full LED/T5 shots as well? Thanks for the tips

In photoshop the color temp slider should be in the first slider in panel that automatically shows when you open a RAW file.

For LED/T5 it depends on the lighting of the tank. For me it varies between 15,000 and 25,000K.

In photoshop the color temp slider should be in the first slider in panel that automatically shows when you open a RAW file.

For LED/T5 it depends on the lighting of the tank. For me it varies between 15,000 and 25,000K.

Hm, weird maybe its my version of PS CS4 but it doesn't open RAW files I have to open them in LR/Canon DPP then convert them before I can edit in PS

Hey eks love the tank! I just ordered my ati led fixture and was wondering if you can share your lighting schedule in detail and bulb color thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Just took some new photos so thought I might show how much growth there has been in the past 5 months. Before was taken in mid October 2013 and after was taken just yesterday.

The bluer light in the after photos is only because I took the pictures when only my reefbrites were on. The tank has been running the same bulb combination and light schedule the entire time.

Before:

IMG_9877-2.jpg

After:

IMG_2901.jpg

Before:

IMG_9883-1.jpg

After:

IMG_2897.jpg

Archived