Innovative Marine Aquariums

ZeoZEN 80g Shallow Rimless

fretfreak13

fretfreak13

Current FTS 6/25/13

a865.jpg

Boy am I excited for this one! I have been in the reefing hobby since I was twelve years old. This tank marks three big milestones for me in this hobby.

1.) First tank larger than twenty gallons!
2.) First time bothering with SPS!
3.) first time actually owning a tang! (Small one, don't worry)

Thanks to the wonderful employee discount I get from working at a fantastic LFS, my budget for this tank is about 5k. I'll be keeping receipts for every purchase to see how long it takes me to break it. <_< Oh well, you know how it is...

This tank is going to be 100% Zeovit powered, and if you guys haven't heard of these wonderful, mysterious little blue bottles do me a favor, open a new tab, and goggle image search "Zeovit tank". Or, take a look at this months TOTM! Feel free to pick your jaw off the floor at any time...or not. Drool is allowed in this thread and here are my favorite, inspirational, drool-worthy photos! Also, since I don't like when people post picture that aren't theirs without credit, please click the images to go to that person's build/award thread.

mainpic1.jpg

fts_md.jpg

029.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg
^^^These beautiful zoanthids belong to Ed Reef on Zeovit.com^^^

fts.jpg
And of course I need to feature our own April 2013 TOTM winner, Nanotopia!

Expect monthly, on the dot new FTSs from me because I really want to monitor my coral growth! Like I said earlier this will be SPS dominated, but I will also have some nice quality LPS, zoas, and palys.

Equipment List:

• Tank: 80g Deep Blue Professional Edge Rimless
  • Sump: 40g breeder
  • Lights: Current Nova T5HO 4xT5HO (will upgrade soon, stay tuned!)
  • Powerheads: Random ones I find laying around (will upgrade soon, stay tuned!)
  • Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC-7
  • Reactor: Vertex Rx-Z 1.5 Liter ZEOvit Reactor
  • Dosing Pump: Bubble Magus
  • Return Pump: Mag 7
  • Heater: Ehiem 300w
  • Test Kits: All Salifert, Hanna Checker Phosphate
  • Future Equipment: Apex Controller, Radions, MP10s.

Stock List:

• Bellus Angel
  • Midas Blenny
  • Snowflake Clown
  • Longnose Hawkfish
  • Yellow-stripe Clingfish
  • Flame Angel
  • Mandarin
  • Mystery Wrasse
  • McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
  • Lubbocks Wrasse
  • Kole Tang
  • Linkia Starfish
  • Maxima Clam
  • Sea Cucumber
  • CUC from Reefcleaners

Super shout out to Nanotopia and Arkayology for not yet getting fed up with my constant, super long questions about their own Zeovit systems. You guys are wonderful, thank you. :wub:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fretfreak13

Haha sorry guys! ;) First payment on the tank itself is going to be put down this weekend. Should be three payments, then it'll be mine.

I'm hoping to have water in it by maybe...August? lol I'll take some pictures at the store this weekend and post them, promise!

fretfreak13

Nu-uh, the world was supposed to end last December Mr.! Lol Well what do you expect with a full time college student on near minimum wage wanting Radions?! Here, love on Sasha for a tad. She's adorable and will be added to this tank from my 6 gallon when its ready. She's a 100% mysis eater and refuses everything else, even pods...the little wierdo.

cimg0807df.jpg
cimg0806yk.jpg

AUGUST ?!?!?!?!? :lol:

the world will end before then. This thread will have the longerst intro EVAR !!!

This lol. Can't wait to see this things get moving!

lhernandez86

Haha sorry guys! ;) First payment on the tank itself is going to be put down this weekend. Should be three payments, then it'll be mine.

I'm hoping to have water in it by maybe...August? lol I'll take some pictures at the store this weekend and post them, promise!

No worries my build wont be wet till July or August too....moving into a house.

fretfreak13
Three Radions?three.jpg

Nah, I believe two will suffice. They're supposed to cover a 24 x 24 footprint, which my tank is exactly two of. I'd rather squeeze by with two price wise. If my corals are telling me I need a third then so be it. Lol. All in good time.

Nah, I believe two will suffice. They're supposed to cover a 24 x 24 footprint, which my tank is exactly two of.

You're probably right.

I will be getting three. I want sand in this shallow tank. :)

Your glass may be too thick for MP10s - check it out before buying them.

Looks like it's going to be a dream tank. Following.

fretfreak13
Your glass may be too thick for MP10s - check it out before buying them. Looks like it's going to be a dream tank. Following.
I think it'll be alright, but I will double check thank you for reminding me to. Jedi had mp10s running on his tank with the same dimensions for a little while, but they're made by different companies so I don't know if the glass is the same or not.This is for sure a dream tank! I'm so excited. It's hard working at a lfs and seeing all this crazy awesome things that I can't bring home to my six and two gallon tanks. I forgot to add, this will be my first experience owning a tang!

Not cool. Put up a title for a tank that I want to see and just leave that!

OP Delivers! Kinda, better than nothing

Lol thank you.

fretfreak13

Naso. Go big or go home :)

Kidding.

Psh, originally I wanted a clown tang. They're my favorite. Thank you to the people who talked me out of that hallucination. I KNEW it would be a bad idea, but the pretty colors distracted me.

I get my share of naso at the store. I'll snag a picture of Chunk while I'm there too haha. Most morbidly obese fish you'll probably ever see

Chunk.... I feel like you've shown me him..... Oh was he the one in the display that I was like holy cow? Lol well I mean....they are all fat in that tank but lol

fretfreak13
Chunk.... I feel like you've shown me him..... Oh was he the one in the display that I was like holy cow? Lol well I mean....they are all fat in that tank but lol

Ooooooh yes. That is chunk. Lol! Can't miss the sucker! Want to name every fish in that tank, but Ryan changes them out so often. I think he took three wrasses and the big desjardinii salifin out just last week making room for some other crazy stuff.

I have GOT to show you our new Rhombus wrasse though! He blows my socks off!

fretfreak13

Pictures, like I promised. Sadly, not many of them are actually relivant to my tank build. Haha I run our store's facebook so I was actually taking pictures of our livestock but managed to sneak in a few of my own. Here are my favorites from my little photoshoot. =)

cimg0812f.jpg

Feeding time for the display tank. We dump food in there probably 5 times dailiy at least, which is why our fish are borderline morbidly obese. lol

cimg0821p.jpg

Our resident lineatus wrasse. My favorite fish in the store.

cimg0827lv.jpg

Our seahorse tank.

cimg0828.jpg

ORA H. Kuda.

cimg0830c.jpg

Little school of ORA clowns. The head honcho is a Black Ice.

cimg0832q.jpg

Our frag/invert system. We keep the little inverts separated in the top containers for easy viewing and access, but they're all plumbed into a 500g system.

cimg0834p.jpg

The BIGGEST fungia's I've ever seen! That is a 3" adult chromis.

cimg0835n.jpg

Showin' some love for the clams.

cimg0837o.jpg

That's Chunk...lol

cimg0839l.jpg

The little Lubbocks wrasse in the picture underneath the $ by the "Acro 200$" is my little girl. I've decided to name her April because of her Springy colors.

cimg0840p.jpg

There's the tank!!! Couldn't really get a better picture because of the way its situated.

cimg0842e.jpg

The home of our resident Peacock Mantis Shrimp. I designed and scaped this whole tank. =)

fretfreak13

I know, right?! lol I wish our little mantis wasn't so shy. I have to tease him out with food whenever I want to show him off.

fretfreak13

I should just re-title this thread "Kali's Random-ass Pictures" until I actually get this tank up. lol Apparently while I was home for the weekend and left my 6 gallon tank at my dorm to its own devices, my nassarious snails took advantage of the privacy. Never in my life have I seen them lay this many eggs. That strip is just over six inches long, and at its widest point about an inch and a half. Ridiculous.

cimg0853s.jpg

Lol I just noticed Sasha photobombed.

Archived