Innovative Marine Aquariums

Meepduino: 2.0 RELEASED!

MeepNand

I just have a parts list for right now. Once the RTC is added and the code supports it, then I'll add it to the parts list.

Just got back from babysitting. Errors are still there. :(

MOJOEJOEJOE

Are you keeping old working versions rather than just saving with the chages you made. Any time I make a change I give it a new title (REV) doing a "save as". That will allow you to go back to an older version that worked and in some cases you may want to cut and paste a part of older code into a new code.

post-48841-0-18707700-1366021947_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Beta release posted. .txt file.

You can change settings for all six channels. Tomorrow I'll add a wiring diagram.

Time is still really sucky. But once the RTC arrives, it'll be a cinch to add that in.

It feels good to see results.

• Like 2

Nice, I'm going to buy hardware to load up the program and test it out

BTW.. Here is a link to all the hardware listed in he first post but sold in 1 package together from Amazon and shipped from America

http://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-Mega2560-Display-Adjustable-Shield/dp/B008FWSH3C/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A10EAPE4CAYC9P

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008999TAG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JRGOCM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

I can link to american sellers on ebay too. I'll do that once I get ready for the day.

BTW, the first channel, the graphic bars show the correct setting, but if you go to the "change settings" page, the "Current" dimming level is seriously screwed up and does no show the right percentage. However, having tested the actual PWM output of the pins, the cycles do work fine. Just the percentage showing for channel one is screwed up. Channels 2-6 display fine.

To do:

-Make buttons easier to change setting with

-Make Ch1 display properly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SainSmart-Mega2560-3-2-TFT-LCD-Shield-Touch-Screen-SD-Reader-4-Arduino-2560-/280930557613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4168c41ead

That's $2 cheaper, but I'll do you link anyway. Thanks McJosh!

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-External-Adapter-2-5-inch-Enclosure/dp/B001PUSERA/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

Power supply should be 2a just for safety. The lcd uses 800ma apparently, so you need to be careful.

I'm getting information form a friend on how to make a patent. Still keeping this free but I want to make sure that companies don't take advantage of this without my permission.

How large a sketch can it do? What are its limitations?

And I'll upload a very improved version of this in an hour or so. Setting things will be far easier.

• Like 1
MOJOEJOEJOE
  • The limitations are that you need to maintain some sort of ethernet ,wifi, or bluetooth connection for it to work. What I have found is that if I turn on an led and break communication it turns off. As far as a sketch it can handle any size sketch. Like I said the problem is when you loose communication it shuts down. I`m still searching for a work around but here is a quick scren capture of my U.I.

post-48841-0-75026100-1366368302_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• The limitations are that you need to maintain some sort of ethernet ,wifi, or bluetooth connection for it to work. What I have found is that if I turn on an led and break communication it turns off. As far as a sketch it can handle any size sketch. Like I said the problem is when you loose communication it shuts down. I`m still searching for a work around but here is a quick scren capture of my U.I.

attachicon.gifIMG_1746_.jpg

I don't need to maintain an ethernet or wifi connection. I've tested it with a 5v phone charger adapter and it works fine.

SEMIEDIT: Doh I am so sorry Joe. I thought you were talking about my code.

Thanks a lot for the info on the iphone app. I generally get good wifi around my area though, so I don't forsee a problem.

Can I see your code? It looks very interesting. Or at least sleek.

DOUBLESEMIEDIT: Oh, just realized what you meant when you said breaking com turns it off. Could you elaborate on the turning on an led part?

RTC came in the mail just now. Figuring out how to add this into the code without many problems.

McJosh, you're going to want to order an RTC for the coming days.

Okay, so I have the DS1302 timekeeping chip with my RTC. That basically means that although the battery need never be recharged, it is far harder to get time data from it. Also, it is not used as often.

Unfortunately, I will only be able to use that as my timekeeper right now, so the code will use the DS1302 until further notice.

My second RTC has not come yet, so maybe that's the DS1307, the far more common one.

That was fast. Updated code on pg1.

Now you can use an RTC!

Set the following lines of code to change the pins the DS1302 is connected to.

Lines 27-29:

uint8_t CE_PIN = 58;
uint8_t IO_PIN = 57;
uint8_t SCLK_PIN = 56;