inTank Media Baskets

~ Candy's Husband's FW Planted Bonsai Tank ~

FlCandy

So this baby wast started about 2 weeks ago, the plants went in on Wednesday, and the Neons the same day.

FTS 4/3/13

45318_10151522537489029_2076700714_n.jpg

Currently Running :

Current Nova Extreme T5HO 18" 2x18 watt with FW bulbs.

HOB biowheel (20 gallons)

Plants :

Dwarf Hairgrass

Moss Ball

Dwarf Baby Tears

Ludwigia Peruensis

Cardinal Plant

And a larger Anubias then I ordered but their cool anways

Waiting on tree topper of Christmas Moss

Livestock :

5 Neon Tetras

In route is a Black Crowntail Betta

This tank is a ADA rimless 10 gallon and it is just awesome.

I will post pics once a week and when the new plants and fish get here.

Thanks for stopping in.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eddiecorrea

Very nice. I've always liked a nice planted tank. I had one back in the day but I grew bored of it.

Yay...gonna enjoy watching this one!!! It looks fantastic.

Nice, IMO make the sand trail a little less straight and centered and it will look even better :)

Might be kinda hard to change it now, but I know what you are talking about. I've seen people have it angled before. Still looks great as is though. :)

Nice, IMO make the sand trail a little less straight and centered and it will look even better :)

I was just thinking this, Might look better if you angled the path twoards one corner or the other......more Amano style.........

In time as the tank matures and plants grow out a little, along with water movement and tank maintenance, that trail won't look so perfect ;)

Also, nice choice of plants. Proportion is everything (no matter what size tank you have IMO).

Nice planted nano. Same dimensions as the standard 10 gallon?

I think so, 18x10.5x12

Thanks

I like, I like the little trail of sand in the middle :)

Thanks it needs a little tweaking but the plants are going to help when they grow in a bit.

Very nice. I've always liked a nice planted tank. I had one back in the day but I grew bored of it.

Thanks, and Yeah this is his, I just take the pics and do the planting as I have small hands.

Glad you started a thread on this! Love it!

Thanks!

Was going to work o it, then silly man threw the extra flourite away so I have to get more first.

Yay...gonna enjoy watching this one!!! It looks fantastic.

Might be kinda hard to change it now, but I know what you are talking about. I've seen people have it angled before. Still looks great as is though. :)

Not too hard, I can add flourite and make it more windy, can't add more sand though, would have to plave an order just for that and shipping is a B.

I was just thinking this, Might look better if you angled the path twoards one corner or the other......more Amano style.........

Working on it, can't change the angle but can change the edge, also counting on the plants to help fill in the edges.

In time as the tank matures and plants grow out a little, along with water movement and tank maintenance, that trail won't look so perfect ;)

Also, nice choice of plants. Proportion is everything (no matter what size tank you have IMO).

Thank you!

Thanks everyone he is so pleased to see so many people like this tank. He is really excited about it.

Thanks everyone he is so pleased to see so many people like this tank. He is really excited about it.

Nice of you to post it for him. I wish my wife was into the hobby. :( I'm always a little jealous when I see other people's spouses into it :D

Nice of you to post it for him. I wish my wife was into the hobby. :( I'm always a little jealous when I see other people's spouses into it :D

I'm in the same boat. My husband and son could care less :( Makes me so sad...well, not really but kinda. How can they not appreciate this box of amazing wonder in our den????? :lol:

This makes me miss my planted tank. Before I put the FH in my 60 gallon, I had a FW planted community tank. I had 60 schooling Neon Tetras in there. :lol: My favorites were the German Blue Rams that I had in there..

I'm in the same boat. My husband and son could care less :( Makes me so sad...well, not really but kinda. How can they not appreciate this box of amazing wonder in our den????? :lol:

LOL... I think the same way....it's hard to believe anyone can't love this stuff (at the very least find it interesting). At least your above ground - I'm relegated to the basement :furious: .

See he could care less about the SW, is even resentful at times, why he got the FW. So we can have an even keel. ;)

See he could care less about the SW, is even resentful at times, why he got the FW. So we can have an even keel. ;)

At least he took the plunge (pun intended). FW = the gateway drug. :D

He had them before, he had kissing goroumies, and then an oscar, then I took it and did a FW planted, then I moved back to SW as I had a FOWLR as well. And this is what he has. I love the contrast in the living room, one corner is the FW, the wall is the Dual 40s' and the other side next to the TV is the Nano Softie.

Love it. :wub:

He had them before, he had kissing goroumies, and then an oscar, then I took it and did a FW planted, then I moved back to SW as I had a FOWLR as well. And this is what he has. I love the contrast in the living room, one corner is the FW, the wall is the Dual 40s' and the other side next to the TV is the Nano Softie.

Cool. I'll be checking out your tanks. I've been keeping aquariums on and off since my teens (I'm in my 40's now). I have a 40 Breeder planted and I'm just restarting a reef tank. Right now it's a 10 gallon (nothing but left over live rock, but will be a 20L soon.

I have to say..........I love it too. :wub:

I love how zen this tank is. I think it would be really relaxing to watch :) I love bettas so I can't wait to see the one you ordered. I had a betta in Florida before I moved to California and when I moved here I didn't want to drag him cross country so I have him to my mom in Atlanta. He died a while back but he was almost 4 years old.

Well the betta got here.... and for some reason we got 2 MALE crowntail Bettas... :blink:

Now we need another tank! FFS!

Their PO and just chilling and stressed right now, pics when I get them to chill out, and get a small tank for the single guy...

That is a serious mistake. Gotta love that you now need a second tank.

Well yeah as the two males would kill each other if I put them in the same tank.

Oh well the extra guy gor a Fluval Spec for his tank. Lucky fishy.

I love the contrast in the living room, one corner is the FW, the wall is the Dual 40s' and the other side next to the TV is the Nano Softie.

This definitely calls for a tank room shot ;)

OMG! It's now involving the Kitchen! LMAO I can get 3 in one pic, then the other in the last. I will do tomorrow, I need to buckle down and get some HD pics of everything anyways. Way overdue for a HUGE dump on all 3 threads.

Oh and he named his Barbosa :lol:

I'm thinking Jack for mine. As I now also have a FW Betta tank. HAHA :rolleyes: He goes, well you can have him since your getting him a tank etc. I was like I kind of assumed, I couldn't let him live for 6 months in a betta bowl then die, not right. :(

Archived