inTank Media Baskets

Any reviews for clear fx pro?

SmorgishBorg

SmorgishBorg

I bought this yesterday hoping it would help with my hair algae problem. It's running in my filter and I can say the water is the clearest it's ever been in just one day of use! So has anyone else used this to try and help with hair algae?

• 2 weeks later...

I use clearfx pro in both of my tanks (150g & 24g). It does an absolutely wonderful job at polishing the water, keeping water chemistry in a more manageable level. But as far as helping with hair algae, it hasn't made mine disappear or magically waste away. It has though slowed the growth of them to a more manageable level. I like to keep a bit of the hair algae in mine since they seem to be cultivating copepods for my Mandarins in my nano. Haven't seeded my nano, don't have a sump/refugium either. I get better results with water changes and maintaining my magnesium and phosphates. The stated quarterly service life isn't nearly what it is. I change mine every 2-3 Months. But I like it because It does the same if not better job then the purigen chemi-pure elite combo

• 3 weeks later...
nanoreefer11

I've used both clear FX pro and Chemipure elite and in my experience, chemipure elite was far superior. Algae went away much faster, not having to clean the glass as much, and once I did switch from FX pro back to chemipure, the tank cleared up within a few days.

• 1 year later...

FX Pro is supposed to be much better than Chemi Pure from what I've been reading. I'm switching from Chemi Pure Blue to FX Pro to see for myself. Then Chemi Pure Blue seems to have been doing fine, but if the FX is better it will be worth it.

Archived