Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Carter's PicO S III

CarterNichols

CarterNichols

After about a month with my Fluval Edge I got tired of the impractical design and limitations. Thus, I ordered a PicO S III to move everything over to.

January 2014

WKLDxd3.jpg

May 2013

L0iIAO3.jpg

Current Live Stock:

• 2 Ocellaris Clownfish
  • 1 Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse

Coral:

• Radioactive Dragon's Eyes Zoas
  • Bam Bam Zoas
  • Hammer Coral

Hardware:

• PicO S III AIO aquarium (12.5g)
  • AI Sol Nano w/ controller
  • EcoTech Vortech MP10 es
  • Tetra 50w Heater + Coral Life Digital Thermometer
  • Perfecto 18x18x30 Cube Aquarium Stand
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarterNichols

Thoughts and opinions on using a Biocube 29 stand for this tank? Not many options for 18x18 footprint.

Thoughts and opinions on using a Biocube 29 stand for this tank? Not many options for 18x18 footprint.

If you're a little handy, just build one. Surprisingly, I had a hell of a time finding a stand for 15x15 cube. Anything that fit was about 10" too short. I built my own at 35" tall.

I would highly recommend building your own. The solana stand is nice (I looked into it for mine as well) but from what I've read the build quality is a bit lacking, and for the price tag thats not ok. Its surprisingly easy to build your own and it can cost as little as $60.

Edit: also for such a shallow tank most prebuilt stands will be much too short, you will have to get on your knees to see into the front pane.

CarterNichols

Decided on a Perfecto 18x18x30 Stand. At only 100 bucks I couldn't pass it up. It's not the fanciest thing in the world but it'll work.

44984_pid.jpg

CarterNichols

I'm out for lunch and plan on stand shopping all day! Wish me luck or DIY becomes only option

I had to have my lfs order mine for me.

CarterNichols

I'm determined to find something at IKEA I want this Solana cycling by end of week!

I have looked through their website over and over and nothing is the right dimensions for a cube tank. You'd have to get a desk, table, or dresser to fit it on there.

Yeah I'm going to check out those stand alone kitchen islands, kitchen tables, desks, and nightstands. Ill take anything 20" deep really... and as long as it can hold the est 415lb.

Are you looking specifically for a 18x18 footprint? I went with a 20x22x36. I like having the extra room around the tank.

CarterNichols

Are you looking specifically for a 18x18 footprint? I went with a 20x22x36. I like having the extra room around the tank.

What kind of stand?

I already ordered mine. Wouldn't have minded some room around the edges but this was really the best option. It is actually 18.5"x18.5" so I will have half an inch for safety.

CarterNichols

I got mine ill give you an update when I get home and set it up!

Definitely let me know the dimension! If no pics, post the name.

It is 24"x24", I'll plumb the sump off to the right or left a few feet. Very short - about 24" as well. We bought it from The Dump which is a local furniture outlet that stocks One-Ofs, Design Prototypes, and factory/store buyouts. It's only open on the weekends, pretty cool setup. Because of that, I can't be sure what brand this is. The documentation says "M.O.M.A. END TABLE" and one of the boxes is from Haynes Furniture Co. It's made of two solid blocks of wood.

Unfortunately, the bolts were missing from the setup so we've got to make a detour to home depot.

Here's some very quick camera pictures:

AT82GEp.jpg?1

mgP3gr4.jpg?1

That's a trick of the eye on the price tag - it's for another item. This stand was $300

What kind of stand?

I already ordered mine. Wouldn't have minded some room around the edges but this was really the best option. It is actually 18.5"x18.5" so I will have half an inch for safety.

Sorry for replying back so late. It's a stand I purchased at the LFS, I forgot the name/brand of it but it did cost me $260 after tax.

CarterNichols

It is 24"x24", I'll plumb the sump off to the right or left a few feet. Very short - about 24" as well. We bought it from The Dump which is a local furniture outlet that stocks One-Ofs, Design Prototypes, and factory/store buyouts. It's only open on the weekends, pretty cool setup. Because of that, I can't be sure what brand this is. The documentation says "M.O.M.A. END TABLE" and one of the boxes is from Haynes Furniture Co. It's made of two solid blocks of wood.

Unfortunately, the bolts were missing from the setup so we've got to make a detour to home depot.

Here's some very quick camera pictures:

AT82GEp.jpg?1

mgP3gr4.jpg?1

That's a trick of the eye on the price tag - it's for another item. This stand was $300

I like it a lot, it'd be far too short for my purposes but for a Solona that will look awesome. You could throw some bean bag chairs in front of that thing! :P

supermarvin76

That is exactly what I have for my PicO III.

And Welcome to the PicO world. :D

Archived