ReefCleaners.org

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

My sister been looking for couches online for months and they are so expensive at like $3k for a large one. Yours look better than all the ones she been thinking about buying. Really impressed. Maybe start a side hobby for custom build couches =P.

• Like 1

Making some design changes I think. Originally it was going to all be attached like your standard picnic table. I prefer having the benches unattached so going to move the legs on the benches further to the ends and do half lap joints like the table legs. Easy enough fix then it's on to finishing!

17020922667_f7d6d8b67e_b.jpgimage by Justind823, on Flickr

You and your awesome building skills :wub:.
  • Like 1

Thanks guys! I finished the table, I'll have to post a picture later. In the mean time -

The banded goby I got with the pistol ended up jumping. There is a thumb hole in the glass lid that it managed to fly through - amazing. It could have had a bright future in the circus with that act but unfortunately there was only dry carpet on the other end. A sad day. :(

I did happen upon a healthy little YWG so I picked it up. I've since cut out pieces of acrylic to cover up the openings in the glass lid. No fish is getting out!

It paired up with the pistol immediately. Really fascinating to watch. Just a quick greeting and the fish was diving down into the pistol's den.

My girlfriend and I were having Indian food so we decided to name the fish Tikka and the shrimp Misala.

17302488021_f6d6b04ec0_b.jpgIMG_7473 by Justind823, on Flickr

And then the Pom Pom came dancing through to photobomb

17115404870_c51459bb03_b.jpgIMG_7480 by Justind823, on Flickr

And then they had a stand-off

17116746259_801dc3bf8f_b.jpgIMG_7482 by Justind823, on Flickr

• Like 7

Sorry about your goby. :(

What's your pom pom holding? I have two and their anemones look different.

No worries.

The pom pom has a nice set of florida ricordea mittens. Pretty much anytime a ric multiplies the crab steals them. A bit of a pain especially since I lost most of them in the move. I wish the crab still had his nems but they were gone by the time I got him.

• Like 1
Justind823

What lens do you shoot those macros with?

-Dave

It's just the canon nifty fifty the smallest step extension tube. I tend to be cheap so this works perfectly for me!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Justind823

Chrome NanoBox looks awesome! So do your recent DIY projects.

Thanks man!

So the first two weeks of July I'm headed to Kauai!! My lady and I are working on our scuba certification right now so we can spend a couple days diving while we are there. I'm also pretty excited about our offshore dive in Monterey next weekend which will complete our certification. So lots of fun things going on right now.

Anyways, I've left my tanks for weeks before but I've always managed to be fishless when these trips come around. This time I'll have my goby/pistol shrimp to worry about so Ive been looking into auto feeders. The consensus is going with Ehiem's auto feeder which means I'll be picking one of those up soon. I've been also reading about putting the auto feeder in the sump so that it dumps in the chamber where the return pump is. Once the food sinks it gets shot up to the DT and all is well. I really like this idea and I've seen a few people have success with this on other forums. Has anyone on here tried this out? I will be personally be trying it out soon but I thought I'd ask or if anything else put the idea into your heads.

• Like 4
Justind823

Napping in the afternoon sun

18242898812_09d10db23d_b.jpgIMG_7585 by Justin Desrosiers, on Flickr

Wow,man thats one beautiful looking reef you have there! I hope mine will look this good one day.

Thanks a lot! Take good care of your tank and it will take care of you. Do you have a tank thread?

• Like 2

Great job on the tank and table. Btw How active is your pom pom crab, is it shy or does it actually wonder around.

Justind823

Great job on the tank and table. Btw How active is your pom pom crab, is it shy or does it actually wonder around.

Thanks!

During feeding it's always out tying to snag some food. While the lights are on it mostly hides out but sometimes it's "hiding spot" it's pretty obvious so you'll see the crab all day. At night it's all over the place, dancing in the moonlight.

Justind823

She's beautiful! I'm adopting a kitten that will have very similar coloring :).

She's pretty cute huh? Let's see some pictures of this kitten!!

• Like 1

She's pretty cute huh? Let's see some pictures of this kitten!!

I'm actually adopting two. You can see which looks similar to yours :)

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-27%20at%2010.00.

• Like 1
Justind823

I'm actually adopting two. You can see which looks similar to yours :)

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-27%20at%2010.00.

Gah! Very cute. Those markings do look a lot like my cat.

They look little. When do you get to take them home?

• Like 1