Coral Vue Hydros

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

Love that frogspawn.

Thanks!

IMG_2336_zps4479bf3b.jpg

Looks really great, I really like your mounting system. What diameter is the conduit? Looks like 1/2" to me.

Thanks, yea, the conduit is 1/2"

IMG_2390_zpsdd63eb0b.jpg

• Like 5
RideTheLightning

Looks great!

Do you mind naming the macroalgae that are prominent in the substrate in the image in post #1? I see one in each corner and one in the center just in front of the live rock. I'm trying to decide what kind of macroalgae I want for my DT which is in the planning stages and it would be helpful to know the names of those.

Thanks!

Looks great!

Do you mind naming the macroalgae that are prominent in the substrate in the image in post #1? I see one in each corner and one in the center just in front of the live rock. I'm trying to decide what kind of macroalgae I want for my DT which is in the planning stages and it would be helpful to know the names of those.

Thanks!

Sure!

The back right has Penicillus pyriformis aka merman's shaving brush.

The back right has Halimidia not sure which one exactly.

The fan looking thing in the front center is Udotea flabellum aka green sea pansy.

Those are the ones that are rooted in the sand.

This tank is sweet. I would love to do a similar build with macros and all that stuff.

Do it!! You wont...

Thanks!

No prob

• 1 month later...
Justind823

Is that a new large piece of macro next/behind the frogspawn? Lookin' stunnin'!

Yea it's some red titan I up there about a month ago. I think it's doubled in size since then! I definitely like the contrast between it and the frogspawn

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Justind823

Awsomesauce B)

Thanks!

Moved my tank this past weekend to the new apartment. Always scary to move a tank but all went well!

Justind823

Great! glad everything went ok...I know how stressful moving is :(

Yea tell me about it. Luckily it was just across town so I kept it in my lap the whole time.

I love everything about this tank!!

Good! That's what I'm going for. ;)

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately I lost the blenny about a month ago now. He stopped eating one day and refused to take any kind of food I gave to him. R.i.p. little blenny.

On a lighter note the tank is doing very well. Good growth out of everything. New heads on the frogspawn, nice growth on the palys and zoas. I also introduced some new macro to the tank recently.

Here's what it looks like atm:

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Justind823/media/58bb9974-6dd0-4525-bfed-f72b7aae846a_zps5418babc.jpg.html'>58bb9974-6dd0-4525-bfed-f72b7aae846a_zps

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to be making a new stand for the tank. I'd like the height of the tank to be higher and I'd also like to have a bigger sump. I'd really like to have a display area in the sump and put a mantis in it like I did with my 20L back in the day. I do miss having a little mantis around, they're very entertaining. Hopefully I can figure out a good way to incorporate everything into the space I have to work with!

• Like 7

Oh I forgot to mention I left this tank alone for two weeks while I was on vacation and there were no problems! phew, good work automation