Pod Your Reef

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

Wat.

Had a little kalk ato incident this morning. Probably about a half gallon or so of kalk saturated water pumped into the sump. Yesterday I was installing something and I left a magnet too close to my float switch which ended up causing this.

At first I did one of these :eek:omgomgomg ...mostly because water was pouring out into the floor but also there was what looked like a snowstorm in my tank. After towel damage control I did a bit of reading about kalk overdosing. I'm not too concerned anymore after reading about it a bit. I added a little white distilled vinegar to combat the PH swing and nothing looks too stressed. In fact the tank already started clearing up and all the coral are opening up normally.

I was damn lucky I was sitting on the couch working.

Going to do a water change in a bit. I didn't have any on hand so I've been waiting for it to mix.

• Like 2

Ciao Justin, you will see that everything will be okay.

Oh yea, all good. Tank is pretty much back to normal. Did a 2 gallon water change a little bit ago and everything is looking well.

This is what I put in yesterday which lead to the ato error. Stupid magnet! (And me)

15594592976_38779023e3_b.jpgIMG_7184 by Justind823, on Flickr

This way I can fully utilize my return pump. Instead of dialing back the return to get the mame in the sweet spot, I can now divert the flow into the fuge/frag area. I'm fairly pleased with it although I wish I ordered a ball valve that is easier to fine tune. Either way it gets the job done!

• Like 2

Justin, what camera/lense are you using to get these macros? They're fantastic!

Thanks!

I'm using the Canon T2i with the Nifty Fifty lens on an extension tube step.

• Like 1

Sassy shrimp.

The sassiest now anyway! I lost the female sadly. Not sure where she got off to

This guy can be a little too sassy at times. If I skip a day giving him a pellet he moves onto munching pretty much anything and everything in the tank.

Awesome shot justin

Thanks Hype!

Looking sweet love the the vid. Sorry if I missed it in the thread what's the small fish?

Glad you enjoyed it!

Pretty sure it's a juvenile yellowtail damsel but it still hasn't grown into its colors.

So I was scrolling through past pages and realized I promised a video a number of months ago...

I finally made one yesterday! Not too exciting but you can see what kind of movement I'm getting in the tank. ENJOY

(Be sure to hit the HD button)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_jhgixacv_xcTd6dm0zaVJ5dVk/view?usp=sharing

I did enjoy, thank you! Nice to see this tank in action :wub:.
  • Like 1

Great fotos! That's nice you trained that damsel to stay

Haha we had a moment.

You can't say impossible anymore :wub:.

Okay okay it's really difficult! ;)

The fish is really about the same length as the sexy shrimp. Still crazy how small it is.

• Like 1
Is that a juvenile village belle damsel? I think I own the adult version.

I'm honestly not sure. It could be.

I've been thinking that's it's a juvi yellowtail but it could be that as well.

• Like 1