Top Shelf Aquatics

The Oasis: ADA BTA Build

kveekx

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:( Sorry to hear that dude. I can say I feel your pain, cuz when I lost my 10 SPS pieces I nearly died of heartbreak.

Thanks. That sucks to loose SPS too. I lost my GARF Bonsai 2" frag to red bugs. They were completely covering it and it stopped opening. I guess some things sneak past Coral RX. Around Thanksgiving November though I think Im going to roll the dice a bit and order a 3 BTA pack from Lareefs and see what I get. Or I could just tell them not to ship for a few days and I could cherry pick 3 BTAs.

Sorry Kveekx, we all lose stuff, it just sucks when the pieces are really nice.
Thanks, it really does suck when it was one of a kind.
Deleted User 4

Reminds me of that one time when I ordered a package of 12 acan mini colonies and asked my boss(lfs owner back when I was working there) to carry it there in the display nano for a few weeks, and right when I was about to take it back to my nano tank, all the acans melted, died off because of the summer temperature....

$200 loss there.

Reminds me of that one time when I ordered a package of 12 acan mini colonies and asked my boss(lfs owner back when I was working there) to carry it there in the display nano for a few weeks, and right when I was about to take it back to my nano tank, all the acans melted, died off because of the summer temperature....

$200 loss there.

Ooft. That sucks. Sorry.

Deleted User 4

Ooft. That sucks. Sorry.

But it's ok LOL!! I actually did make that back by, purchasing pink and orange florida ric colonies on ebay (there was a good deal from this particular seller at that time) for $40 each and sold them for $90 each at that lfs. My boss was chill about it, I did give him a little commission for helping me sell some though.

That just gives you an idea. You can make that money loss back. :)

Well at least you didn't lost money. I was able to get a refund on my losses as well. Soooo, whatcha looking at now?

Bright Red BTA at the LFS. Hopefuly Wednesday!

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 4

So are you going with aqua medic? I forgot lol. Damn so you're selling the mame and the razor, what else? I'm selling the kessils for funds right now as well. I need BMl fixture, scolys, poppy pipes, new 2213 and stand lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It has been forever! Since the sump and everything are too much to clean and all that I will be downgrading to the 7.5 sump(with baffles removed) It will still be nems and all that other good stuff. The set up will be basic,and low tech. Im in the process of getting a smaller LED and the filter will be a AC50 or 70.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Where you at kveekx?

The 7.5 was sturggling really hard after the transfer and all the nems and coral died after about a month and I took the snowflake to my favorite lfs for a new home. I thought I was getting out of the hobby for the rest of highschool and collage but the past few weeks I have contemplated selling the ADA but I just cant do it and its the only thing I have left from the build. Im really thinking about starting it up again though but installing a AIO box on the back and going the simpler route it would cost $200 if I was conservative on my purchases but I kind of want to start up again. We will decide after the New year. Im dont really want to dose much this time around or spend lots of money on prize corals so the stock would be 1 nem, some euphyllia, rics, zoas, 2 black clowns. Ill keep it posted on here :)

Well it's official, I'm getting the 7.5 going again and doing it right this time! Fresh, clean, new build thread starting for it tomorrow! Ordered some goodies from inTank and Pico tonight and swinging by the LFS(Fragtastic Reef) tomorrow to get rocks and what not. Also Merry Christmas every one!

Well it's official, I'm getting the 7.5 going again and doing it right this time! Fresh, clean, new build thread starting for it tomorrow! Ordered some goodies from inTank and Pico tonight and swinging by the LFS(Fragtastic Reef) tomorrow to get rocks and what not. Also Merry Christmas every one!

Excited to see what you do! I just switched my tanks direction to a BTA Garden, time will tell how it goes.

Excited to see what you do! I just switched my tanks direction to a BTA Garden, time will tell how it goes.
The btas were very fun a bit expensive thought Im sure if I wouldnt have gave up it would have been amazing! I plan to maybe add one eventually to the 7.5 but I'm going to start easy with just my favorites, Euphyllia, shrooms, zoas, and a black clown or 2(tiny).

Archived