Top Shelf Aquatics

-- The Italian Nano Cube --

erisen

the yeast of beer alive is a good source of vitamins and an excellent substitute of bacteria-plankton. It is also rich in enzymes that accelerate the bacterial reproduction.

is a very economical but useful way to feed corals, but be careful to not use too much or bacterial causes an explosion in the tank!

How do you get beer yeast?

Anyway its a omgosh tank! very vibrant colours

How do you get beer yeast?

Anyway its a omgosh tank! very vibrant colours

I don't know in your land, but here you can buy it in any supermarket ....
To understand, it's the yeast to make pizza, it's a stick to keep in the fridge and it costs less than one dollar! ... just a crumb every time you use it (be handled with gloves otherwise in contact with the acid pH of the skin turns black and dies)

I'm gonna try that yeast dosing. Sounds like it could work great.

Yeah. I'd really like to know the details on this - how, how much, how often, etc.

eddiecorrea

Yeah. I'd really like to know the details on this - how, how much, how often, etc.

He said just a small crumb. But he also mentioned a stick of yeast. I've only ever seen it in little jars. Like baby food jars. I'll swing by a brewing store later this week and see what I can come up with.

The rule is always the same for all ;)!! :
It'is better little part and often than a lot at one time!
because it's live yeast, doesn't pollute, but if you use too much it can stimulate bacterial explosion (because it contains enzymes that accelerate the metabolism)! Be carefully!

He said just a small crumb. But he also mentioned a stick of yeast. I've only ever seen it in little jars. Like baby food jars. I'll swing by a brewing store later this week and see what I can come up with.

Probably in your state it is produced in a different way, the importance is that both yeast ALIVE, fresh and not in powder ;)
eddiecorrea

The rule is always the same for all ;)!! :
It'is better little part and often than a lot at one time!
because it's live yeast, doesn't pollute, but if you use too much it can stimulate bacterial explosion (because it contains enzymes that accelerate the metabolism)! Be carefully!

Probably in your state it is produced in a different way, the importance is that both yeast ALIVE, fresh and not in powder ;)

Ok so not powder. So I'd assume it is kept refrigerated then and not on a warm shelf?

Ok so not powder. So I'd assume it is kept refrigerated then and not on a warm shelf?

Exactly!
I think which when opened lasts a month, then it becomes dark

Nice tank you have there. Your english is excellent as well.

The zoa and paly club.... woooowwww!!

this was my collection, I had lost many colonies in the last summer because of nudibranchs and zoa pox :( :(!
My favorites was the 'purple hornet zoas', unfortunately in Italy are nowhere to be found :'(
  • Like 3

Fanatastic colors !

Can you please show us a picture of your LED setup ? This is the best LED color combination that I have seen

If you have a chance could you post a "Step-by-Step" picture guide on your feeding regime? :D

The scheme is simple :) :
every night before going to sleep, use a few drops of 'reef snow Brightwell' and every day as food fish use Calanus and one drop of reefbooster

Holy Cow! Your tank looks like an overstocked candy store! :)

mmm candy shop, I like this definition, thank you :)!!