Top Shelf Aquatics

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

Personally. if I were to have drug induced dreams, I would rather it be of me and some super model, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Say, this isn't going to turn into some weird 'Fight Club' kind of thread is it? Tell me that Engineer dude is real and not part of your electronic dream.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally. if I were to have drug induced dreams, I would rather it be of me and some super model, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Ben's light just that sexy.

Say, this isn't going to turn into some weird 'Fight Club' kind of thread is it? Tell me that Engineer dude is real and not part of your electronic dream.

O2Surplus is very real. His work is fantastic.

I know 02Surplus is real, its just that the post was very 'stream of consciousness' like and Fight Club just popped into my head. Hopefully this dead sexy light will be over a tank soon so we can all drool over it.

• 3 weeks later...
jedimasterben

:lol:

Nah, I am set for a while. I'm really liking these new arrays and getting back to a dual-row setup, and I don't even have the T5 hooked up. :)

jedimasterben

Pictures?

How do you find the light distribution without the T5?

I'll have some preliminary photos soon, but won't have much for a couple of weeks. The light isn't complete yet still.

There's a meme that says, that they start painting the Golden Gate bridge on one end.

When they get to the other end, they just go back and start over.

I've never seen painters on the bridge, so it's probably a myth.

It's not a myth for Ben, as soon as he finishes a light, he needs to start another one.

I understand that.

• 1 month later...
jedimasterben

Finished my light, so then I finished the light for buckeyereefer, and now I'm working on a light for my planted tank. It's a disease, I tell you!

bdevillier19

I still have to finish mine. Been so busy at work haven't had a chance to trouble shoot the t5s and haven't had time to come up with an enclosure to hide everything. One of these days I'll figure it out. But with the LEDs my tank has been looking better and better. Gotta get better with the water changes and empliment a dosing system and things should start looking good.

jedimasterben

I still have to finish mine. Been so busy at work haven't had a chance to trouble shoot the t5s and haven't had time to come up with an enclosure to hide everything. One of these days I'll figure it out. But with the LEDs my tank has been looking better and better. Gotta get better with the water changes and empliment a dosing system and things should start looking good.

I just shipped out my 24" light to buckeyereefer today. Hope he has kids that like bubble wrap :)

I am nervous about his T5, too. I didn't have any 24" bulbs to test with. I tested all the leads from the ballast to the insides of the endcaps and got continuity on all of them, but I would have still preferred to test everything :/

Going to make a new thread for my planted tank light, this one can officially be retired now, I think :)

I just shipped out my 24" light to buckeyereefer today. Hope he has kids that like bubble wrap :)

I am nervous about his T5, too. I didn't have any 24" bulbs to test with. I tested all the leads from the ballast to the insides of the endcaps and got continuity on all of them, but I would have still preferred to test everything :/

Going to make a new thread for my planted tank light, this one can officially be retired now, I think :)

You going Vero in your planted tank? Its the only LED I have used that brings out red pigments like T5's while still having a good color balance with cool white unlike 660nm LEDs.

Still couldn't get it to match my current T5 setup though which is just outstanding. Erio compressum which is generally a slower growing erio grows like crazy.

bdevillier19

Lol. Yeah uh huh. :D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Evil cluster ... #### Yeah.

Looks like a High CRI Vero flanked by two Luxeon M RB, three cool blue on one three up, two lime and cyan on another three up, and four violets.

Archived