1 - Mp10?
2 - Corals!

3 - PicO

Current FTS 03/2013
262a265f-0fb8-4b4c-8ffa-4a08bbefb9e2.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good. Great start. Are you planning to upgrade the lighting?

Thanks! Ya I have a boostled par30 but saving it for when I get corals etc.

Welcome to the Zen club, the jerks didn't give me clips for my top glass lol.

Thanks dude, that sucks I have extras I can send to you if you want to use the top. They gave me 4 corners but I only used two. Cuz the pieces can snap off if you look at my pic of top down.

Omg they gave mine to you lol. It is okay man I might not use a top, let me know if your top piece sweats much would ya? If it doesn't sweat much I may just bug them about the clips. I tore the whole box apart and went through everything again today and still couldn't find any. I was actually wondering what this extra piece of glass was since it was too small to go all the way across the tank, then i saw your thread and was like what the heck!!

get an ai nano and take that filter out if you want minimalistic.

Don't have the funds for an ai nano and the filter will be a fuge since I don't have enough space for a sump.

Omg they gave mine to you lol. It is okay man I might not use a top, let me know if your top piece sweats much would ya? If it doesn't sweat much I may just bug them about the clips. I tore the whole box apart and went through everything again today and still couldn't find any. I was actually wondering what this extra piece of glass was since it was too small to go all the way across the tank, then i saw your thread and was like what the heck!!

So far it doesn't seem to be collecting water on the glass top but my tank is running some what cold since I still need to purchase a heater, so I cant say for sure. If you decide to go with the top and they don't send you any let me know cuz my extras are just sitting around!

I need more flow in this tank, I cut down the impeller on my ac70 and also cut the tab off so the intake tube can slide all the way over to the right. I decided to do this because I plan on making this a fuge and want to have lower flow in the fuge. Also since the tank is not very deep or wide the filter was blowing sand all over my tank and making the bottom bare.

My question is would an MP10 on the lowest setting be overkill on this tank? I plan on upgrading in the future so having the pump would benefit me later on also I just need to know if the lowest setting will still be too powerful on such a small tank? I really love the design and minimalism of the MP10 and feel that even a koralia nano would be too bulky.

Just got my neo-therm heater from ultimate sps only. He was cool and helpful and I received it very fast thru usps priority. It's slightly bigger than I had imagined but its very sleek and has awesome features. I was initially going to put it in my ac-70 but didnt want it touching all my media and filter floss since I have not yet ordered an inTank media basket. I went ahead and put it in my display and since my back wall is already painted black it blends right in. It also helps that it isn't bulky at all. I will try it in my ac fuge once I place my order and receive my media basket, but for now I am very pleased! Will post pics later.

I wouldn't be ashamed having a neo-therm in my display. That's one good looking heater

haha I kno right?! I don't even mind it in there I may just leave it to save space in my fuge

I have a mp10 on my ada 45p which is 18 X 11 X 12 and can only have it on the near lowest setting before I have a sandstorm :o If that gives you any idea? Nice set up and good luck!

I have a mp10 on my ada 45p which is 18 X 11 X 12 and can only have it on the near lowest setting before I have a sandstorm :o If that gives you any idea? Nice set up and good luck!

ya that definitely helps, my dimensions are about 14"(L) x 8.25"(W) x 9"(H) so it might be a little too much. I guess the only way to kno for sure is to try it tho haha :happydance:

Mine runs, despite my best efforts, at 82-85, and everything is happy.

ok cool thanks, ill make sure it doesn't continue to rise

Chaeto question. I am wondering if pods and what not from chaeto would end up getting caught and stuck in filter floss. Wouldn't that some what defeat the purpose?

Yes. I wouldn't bother with the floss. The stuff it traps will just break down on its own anyway.

ok ya that makes sense, I have never ran a tank without it but I guess its worth a try

That looks fine for that. You tank probably weights about ~50lbs with water, including the tank itself and the filter/rock. It says approx 25KG per shelf for max. load which equals about 55lbs. They usually rate it a bit lower than the actual max load anyways. Not to mention it's steel, so it's going to be pretty tough.

Go for it!

Archived