Cultivated Reef

7.5g Deep Blue Rimless

MikeTR

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any recommendations on a new fixture that's not a par bulb.. needs to sleek and not more than $200. not diy

thats gonna be really hard to do. i know that dave at nano box has mini fixtures that would fit your build but its gonna be a bit more then what youre looking to spend.

8205991705_30e02fc9ee_b.jpg

thats what im talking about. it was over my pico

• 1 month later...
Solarflare8806

I like your setup, me and you have a similar design. Good luck trying to find a new light. You might look in the hardware classified to see if anyone has a used AI nano for maybe 200.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

your tank is the cutest Ive seen in a while. It forgoes all the trendy scapes and sps and junks for the nice grown in softie look of old. I approve of this noobtank

Where did you buy that tank? Is the brand deep blue 7.5gal? Thanks.

Bought it at our local LFS. Here's a link to the manufacterers site.

http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/rimless.html

your tank is the cutest Ive seen in a while. It forgoes all the trendy scapes and sps and junks for the nice grown in softie look of old. I approve of this noobtank

noob tested, nips approved

• 4 weeks later...

tank rescape thanks to the nem.

E97B3F16-3A4C-4A33-88C8-D265820B350D-147

this tank got a much needed deep clean.. glass on the sides was starting to get a film of cyano.. I probably cleaned 75% of the sandbed and a 50% water exchange. I'll probably do another 25% here in the next day or so as I still have some freshly mixed.

Still have not tested any parameters other than SG of the newly made water.

Looks incredible. Very simple, very elegant. I dig it. Also, what is the white thing on your AC30? Is that a surface skimmer?

Thanks. As always a work in progress. Indeed, it is a surface skimmer.

Did you make it or did you buy it?

Bought it.. 15 bucks at our LFS.. it also has suction slots on the bottom. It was def chinese as the whole box was unreadable (to me). I'll see if I can dig up what it is.

Sweet little setup Mike. Looks great.

I literally LAUGH OUT LOUD when people try to tell me that large tanks are easier than small tanks.

• 2 months later...

Bastard flatworms. I see you did 4X, took the fish out, and let it stew. I killed some SPS doing the same, but I had too many and water changes, siphoning, and a crap ton of carbon still set me back and cost me an acro. I did 3X and I still see a few now and again. I figure I'll treat on a semi regular basis weather I see them or not.

Anyway, terrific looking tank, keep us updated!

Looks good

Thanks!

Bastard flatworms. I see you did 4X, took the fish out, and let it stew. I killed some SPS doing the same, but I had too many and water changes, siphoning, and a crap ton of carbon still set me back and cost me an acro. I did 3X and I still see a few now and again. I figure I'll treat on a semi regular basis weather I see them or not.

Anyway, terrific looking tank, keep us updated!

I agree, they've wiped out some of my zoas as well by smothering them. I'm going to have to move the tank at some point to run some electrical inside the alcove where this sits. Will look nicer without a cord dangling down the wall. Whenever that happens, I plan to do a quick swish of everything in RO/DI. Fortunately the rocks are easy to put back like they are.

This looks great.. keep it up! Do you not get a lot of coralline growth on the glass?

I don't have a huge amount that grows really. It's probably low alk? not sure really tho. I'm determined not to test params and solely run this tank based on weekly water changes alone.

Archived