Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kongor's 75 gallon reef

Kongor88

Hey guys,

Started my tank on 12/20/2013 and was meant to be a FOWLR but decided to finally get some coral and give it a shot, here are some photos starting from beginning to current. 80ish lbs of live rock and 120 lbs of sand.

Equipment: (sump is in the making, until then got the canister and HOB fuge)

EHIEM pro3e canister filter

2x Hydro Koralia 750

Reef Octupus BH2000

HOB fuge

300W heater

EVO 64 3W LEDs

Livestock:

2 black and white clowns

7 blue chromis

1 foxface

1 sunrise dottyback

1 lawnmover blenny

1 pinkstopped watchmen goby

1 Rainbow BTA... grew from about an 1 inch to 5-6 inches already!

2 cleaner shrimps

1 fire shrimp

2 peppermint shrimp

1 coral banded shrimp

too many snails to remember!

Coral:

various zoas, not sure what they are so if anyone can tell me what some of these colonies are that would be great!

1 kryptonite candy cane

1 green hammer

1 frogspawn

1 orange ricordea

T5

P1000137_zpscdd0aafc.jpg

New LED

IMG_3536_zps7670a0f2.jpg

IMG_3543_zps513e9ac0.jpg

IMG_3554_zps0f6ac043.jpg

IMG_3567_zps2ba19dea.jpg

IMG_3569_zps5d91c7a4.jpg

IMG_3787_zps34752305.jpg

IMG_3788_zps35311376.jpg

IMG_3792_zpse81cb556.jpg

IMG_3805_zpsde6b4d54.jpg

IMG_3807_zpse276c8eb.jpg

IMG_3808_zps09cd7d62.jpg

My frogspawn got molested by my CUC so i hope it opens back up and survives =( finally stuck in place

IMG_3816_zps178a29d5.jpg

IMG_3822_zps4e553a45.jpg

IMG_3827_zps54eb05a6.jpg

Hope you enjoy the show, i already moved it around LOL so I will update sooner or later as stuff grows or when I add more.

Thanks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks I had to move the green hammer yesterday part of it was receding back into skeleton. I think it was getting to much flow. Brought it down lower where the flow is lighter and it looks just like new. I rescape like every other day lol

I will try and snap some more pictures once/if the zoas start spreading and I see noticeable growth of the corals....or when I add new ones.

I know what you mean. Took me awhile before I liked my scape.

Good move on moving the hammer. I keep mine in low Flo.

You check my thread one day.

Will do!

I think my issue is the canister filter, cant really control where it spits the water so can't wait to get the sump up and running.

Its one of those returns that's a cylinder with holes in it so it shoots water out in every direction. I guess an option would be to remove the cap at the end of it so it shoots water straight out into one of my power heads.

Doesn't help my CUC has pickaxes and dynamite... I swear they plan against me at night all I hear is the turbo snails making the back-up noise as they re-arrange everything lol

LOL Crazy cuc Yeah the cannister can be a problem in many ways. Or you could shoot the spray bar up twords the water line. Or put standing in the corner to shoot water behind the rocks . A sump is so the way to go. How long till you get the sump up and running?

I want one running by june/july. I promised myself I cant spend anymore money on the tank lol trying to buy a new car. The reason I didn't get one originally was a) didn't plan on doing coral B) dont know alot about sumps and c) i thought it would cost more...but i actually think between the HOB skimmer + fuge and canister i spent more then a insump skimmer, the actual sump, and overflow would cost.

And now I feel a lot more comforable about saltwater in general and did a ton of research on sumps so those are no longer an issue. Hoping I can sell the HOB stuff and canister on ebay/craigs or get some store credit from my LFS, they are pretty awesome about that.

Frogspawn is doing good and will hopefully start to grow again

Bought 4 more frags, 3 zoas and a Cauliflower Colt Coral which will hopefully be arriving Thrusday so i will try and get some updated shots of the tank, moved some stuff around.

• 1 month later...

Going to add a melanurus wrasse, a green/red lord acan, darth maul zoas, and a couple ricordeas on tuesday! Will try and get some new shots in asap!

OK finally got the time and took some more photos! I just looked at the ones posted before and its crazy how much it changed!

Zoa garden on the left side of tank:

DSCN0632_zps0d996de5.jpg

Guardian of the treasure cave

DSCN0636_zpscb003930.jpg

Frogspawn healed!

DSCN0631_zpsd004e7a0.jpg

new mel wrasse with green hammer:

DSCN0635_zps5d24a35f.jpg

DSCN0647_zpsbc9cee17.jpg

colt coral:

DSCN0630_zps431918c7.jpg

purple zoa growth:

DSCN0648_zpsec009163.jpg

Thanks for looking! hopefully I will have time to get the dslr back and take some close ups like the ones above

Thanks!

lost a couple frags to rogue crabs, but they got the death sentence so hopefully smooth sailing from now on. I got a Lord Acan that just came in but its just one head, waiting for it to grow first before I snap a couple pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some photos of some of my new frags under some 450nm blues.

duncan:
IMG_8532_zpsa69aff20.jpg

magma chalice:
IMG_8528_zps28083990.jpg

lord of the ring zoa:
IMG_8541_zps4780ef39.jpg

Dendros w/ tentacles extended:
IMG_8544_zps63a7c0da.jpg

some kind of acan i got for 10 bucks:
IMG_8548_zps3620ffe6.jpg

my favorite zoa's in my tank to date:
IMG_8549_zps775ba073.jpg

I just got the Super Actinic Reef Spectrum 48" fixture in today from buildmyled.com but I only have it set to 10%, however when I had it set to full power to see the effect it was amazing. I will update once I get the corals acclimated to that light and if all goes well I plan on buying another fixture from them to replace my chinese knock-offs smile.gif

Looks Good! I have the Reef one on my 20gl from Build my led. I love it was thinking about getting the blue.

Thanks! Nice I'm loving the super actinic so far, have their 14k reef spectrum coming in on tuesday with an apex controller. Replacing my 10k chinese light

Picked up a nice red sea fan too for the hawkfish to hang out in, so far so good polys opened up day 2.

http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/Kongor88/media/IMG_8629_zps096a5f4a.jpg.html'>IMG_8629_zps096a5f4a.jpg

http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/Kongor88/media/IMG_8676_zps0e519c2d.jpg.html'>IMG_8676_zps0e519c2d.jpg

Thanks! Wish I waited a day, liveaquaria has a golden polys red sea fan. Looks pretty cool but oh well maybe next time

Archived