inTank Media Baskets

~ Chrissy's RSM 250 and 20H ~

Chrissy

What an honest answer! LOL. That does suck. I just purchased a new magnet-type cleaner that has a lower profile on the inside of the tank. Hopefully it performs. It's 0.35" thick.

BTW I love your Lobo, sweet color .

Thanks! What's the name of the new cleaner? I might have to check into it! :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favorite tanks on NR. So much color and so much creativity with the coral selection and placement! Bummer on your Corcea, but i was pleasantly surprised to see you have blue squammy! Those are such a hard find these days, pretty cool!

One of my favorite tanks on NR. So much color and so much creativity with the coral selection and placement! Bummer on your Corcea, but i was pleasantly surprised to see you have blue squammy! Those are such a hard find these days, pretty cool!

Thanks, Zia! Unfortunately, once one clam, went, they all started to go...including my baby blue squamosa :( I am clam free now, which sucks, because they are my favorite thing about reef tanks!

Thanks, Zia! Unfortunately, once one clam, went, they all started to go...including my baby blue squamosa :( I am clam free now, which sucks, because they are my favorite thing about reef tanks!

O NO!!

I missed that you lost ALL your clams! What and the heck happened do you think? Soooo sorry for your loses, thats devastating :(

Ooh that's a lot prettier, too. Thanks! I have to order one now :D

Mine will be here today. I can get back to you and let you know what I think. I know that they make a much larger one too. I found one on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vertex-Hexaplex-Cleaner-Mag-/330967757479?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0f3732a7

It's too big for my tank, but might be just right for your monster. lol.

I love the updated pics. Your tank is looking great! I don't even know where to start. Chalice, Long Tentacle Plate, the various Gorgonians, the bird's nest, the acros. oh and the little piece of Hydnophora that I just saw. I have two frags of that in my tank and love it. My only concern is their aggressiveness, but so far so good. Can't wait to see your sps grow. Nice job!

I need a bigger tank!

Mine will be here today. I can get back to you and let you know what I think. I know that they make a much larger one too. I found one on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vertex-Hexaplex-Cleaner-Mag-/330967757479?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0f3732a7

It's too big for my tank, but might be just right for your monster. lol.

I love the updated pics. Your tank is looking great! I don't even know where to start. Chalice, Long Tentacle Plate, the various Gorgonians, the bird's nest, the acros. oh and the little piece of Hydnophora that I just saw. I have two frags of that in my tank and love it. My only concern is their aggressiveness, but so far so good. Can't wait to see your sps grow. Nice job!

I need a bigger tank!

Thanks! I have never seen the hydnophora be aggressive at all.

Did you see signs of pinched mantle on any of the clams, especially after the last addition? How long did each of them last in your tank?

Also, do you have a sump inside that cabinet? Any pictures?

It started a couple of weeks after I added the 3 cultured maximas, one of them started looking bad, and they all kind of followed suit even though I took them out and put them in my 20 gallon in little hanging cups. I'm guessing I had the maximas for 1-2 months and they lived all pinched mantley for a while in the 20. The crocea lasted longer, maybe 3-4 months; the squamosa was in there the shortest time, like a month- maybe less, and the last to die was the derasa that had been in there for about 5 months.

I don't have a sump under the cabinet, it's just the stock RSM with a media rack and chemipure, bulbs changed, sponges removed, and an extra powerhead.

It seems that pinched mantle got them all. Not sure what hanging cups are, were they to get them closer to the light? Were those aquacultured Maxima's from pacific east aquaculture?

Would the cabinet for the 250 be able to fit a 40B as a sump?

It seems that pinched mantle got them all. Not sure what hanging cups are, were they to get them closer to the light? Were those aquacultured Maxima's from pacific east aquaculture? Would the cabinet for the 250 be able to fit a 40B as a sump?

The cups were just little plastic tubs that I clipped on with the clams in them so nothing would mess with them and they would be closer to the light.

There isn't room for much of a sump in the cabinet because it has a divider in the middle. Here is a pic of under the cabinet that I just took.

http://s13.photobucket.com/user/MsChrissyGil/media/IMG_7194_zps78a77dc8.jpg.html'>IMG_7194_zps78a77dc8.jpg

Chrissy thanks for the cabinet picture. :flower:

So that middle brace divides the cabinet into 2 compartments or its just a brace on the front edge ?

Edit, I just saw more pictures online and it is divided. That sucks. Now to find out dimensions of each compartment.

• 2 weeks later...

B E A utiful. Great pictures. Your tank is coming along well I see! I'm jealous. I wish I had crystal clear water like that. My darn skimmer is still spiting micro bubbles more often than not.

Beautiful!!!! Where did you score that strawberry shortcake? Im in MA as well, I might need to get one myself!

Thanks!

I got it at Underwater World in Taunton.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tanks like this are the ones that me want to upgrade to a 120. Powder blue is probably one of my most favorite fish! Too bad I am only 15 and cant afford a tank like that. Just now upgrading to a 15 gallon... from a 30 haha! I am going the other direction!

I'm not even sure what to write. I'm completely gobsmacked! This tank is just stunning. I've been through your thread 3 times and am still seeing new things in you (awesome) pics.

Truly gives me inspiration :)

Archived