inTank Media Baskets

~ Chrissy's RSM 250 and 20H ~

Chrissy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spirofucci

I forgot to mention, those dart fish seem very cool! How do you like them?

Btw, I am not a member of the tang police........

I forgot to mention, those dart fish seem very cool! How do you like them?

Btw, I am not a member of the tang police........

The dartfish are great! They are much bigger than I thought they would be when I ordered them, and they always stay together. It's hard to get a pic of their true colors, but they are very pretty in person. The only problem I have with them is that they kick up a lot of sand when they dart in and out of their hole.

LOL on the tang police... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Things have been going fairly well for the tank...a couple of issues including having to take all of my zoas out of tank and moving clams.

My large zoas started closing up and looking bad. Some are looking strangled at the top and then die and they have small white dots on the stalks. It doesn't look like zoa pox. I have had that happen to some small zoas and it's not the same. After a couple of days, it started spreading to others, but only the large polyped ones which happens to be what I have the most of. Nothing else in my tank was affected and all parameters are in check. I think it is some type of bacterial or fungal infection and it spreads pretty fast. I took all of my zoas out of that tank, dipped them in peroxide for 30 seconds, then put them in a bucket of freshly mixed saltwater and into my other tank (20 gallon). It seems to have stopped them from dying, and everything is recovering nicely now, so I think I am going to leave them in the 20.

I also have some clam nippers which is making me crazy! I moved them to new spots, so I am hoping for the best.

Now the fun part! Lost of new pics...

rsm250nozoas_zpsd7d62a0f.jpg
rsm250rightanglenozoas_zps39ad422f.jpg
topdownsps_zpsa5be16e2.jpg
carmenspike52113_zps28558676.jpg

fts52113_zps679b5e77.jpg
fts52113cropped_zps87f97394.jpg
ftsleftside52113_zpsbc807392.jpg
ftsrightangle42113_zpscdf7f565.jpg
ftsrightside52113_zpse45084b0.jpg

leftfish52113_zps9bdfedf8.jpg
rsm250withflash_zps79a25d15.jpg
bubblegummonsterchalice_zps2380d5fd.jpg
candycane6head_zps54bfd171.jpg
kryptonitecandycane_zpsc0077996.jpg

montiporaconfusa_zps1a5ba378.jpg
orangefungia_zps3af581e6.jpg
rugsieredgreenchalice_zpsf90bedcc.jpg
trachyphyllia_zps16e0f1b2.jpg
aussielobofreddie_zps8b8d9cfd.jpg

oldSWseamomma

What a beautiful tank ! I love your scape design. I have a RSM130D right now but am saving towards a 250 :) Great job !

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! You'll love the 250!

Something has been wrong with my two smallest cultured maximas for a couple of weeks, so I moved them into the 20 gallon in hopes of recovery.
I have been changing bulbs over the past week and will probably change out the last 2 Red Sea actinics and replace them with ATI Blue plus. Right now I have 2 ATI coral plus, 1 Red Sea 10k, 1 ATI aquablue special, and the 2 Red Sea Actinics. Everything seems to look better under the ATI bulbs, but without the 1 10k, it seems too blue.
Here are some new FTS with the different bulbs and some neat angled pics...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The tank is doing great, and most of the corals are growing nicely. I have had a few losses in the past month. My tangs have killed 3 of my large feather dusters, and a couple of days ago, I lost my favorite...my big Crocea clam, Fritter. :(

New pics and a video...

62913rsmtank_zps38377e53.jpg
With waves
61013ftss_zps32fb8886.jpg
61013ftsss_zps2f96ad66.jpg
With flash
71013ftsflash_zps13d62351.jpg
Video! Clownfish fight at 1:08
  • 1 month later...

Those tangs are growing quickly. :)

I know! That yellow tang was the size of a quarter when I put him in there, and the powder blue was about 2 inches. The little rats ate my big feather dusters and I can't keep zoas in there because the yellow eats the skirts off and kills them. :furious:

• 3 weeks later...

I know! That yellow tang was the size of a quarter when I put him in there, and the powder blue was about 2 inches. The little rats ate my big feather dusters and I can't keep zoas in there because the yellow eats the skirts off and kills them. :furious:

Hmmm. I just added a small yellow to my tank. I have some hair algae in the back, and algae on the glass because I loath cleaning glass. Hopefully this continues to keep him occupied. He's cleaned my frag rack of algae as well.

That is an impressive setup. I love the variety of coral you have in there! It's awesome. I would probably never leave the house if my tank was that big.

I have a dumb question though. What do you use to clean the glass in the front by the folded Brain without disturbing it? I've found it difficult to place some corals because I'm using a Mag-Float and it's depth forces me to keep things away from the glass about 1.5".

That is an impressive setup. I love the variety of coral you have in there! It's awesome. I would probably never leave the house if my tank was that big.

I have a dumb question though. What do you use to clean the glass in the front by the folded Brain without disturbing it? I've found it difficult to place some corals because I'm using a Mag-Float and it's depth forces me to keep things away from the glass about 1.5".

I use a mag float. I just ram into it and it sucks in in that spot for a little bit. LOL

Hmmm. I just added a small yellow to my tank. I have some hair algae in the back, and algae on the glass because I loath cleaning glass. Hopefully this continues to keep him occupied. He's cleaned my frag rack of algae as well.

Tangs are awesome for munching any algae in the tank...they even eat my calcified display algae! I feed the little buggers clips of Nori about 4 times a day and the yellow still eats stuff he's not supposed to. If I could catch him, he'd have a one way ticket to the LFS for that lovely $7 credit!

I use a mag float. I just ram into it and it sucks in in that spot for a little bit. LOL

What an honest answer! LOL. That does suck. I just purchased a new magnet-type cleaner that has a lower profile on the inside of the tank. Hopefully it performs. It's 0.35" thick.

BTW I love your Lobo, sweet color .

Archived