Pod Your Reef

Introducing the Maxspect Razor Nano LED

CoralVue Aquarium Products

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eddiecorrea

Can we get pictures of the power supply? The ungodly HUGE power supply is the only reason I don't have a 20" Razor over my current tank.

AquaNerd just posted an article stating:

The estimated retail price of the Maxspect Razor Nano is $280

They don't really mention a source, just wondering if they got a heads-up from you guys. Also i'm a bit bummed if it's true about the spectrum. I mean different corals need different strengths of light, meaning you won't be able to achieve a certain spectrum without bleaching/melting some corals :(

I was hoping for separate 8000k, 10000k, and 16000k models being released.

Pricing has been released for the Razor Nano $289.99. Available in three color temperatures 8000K, 10000K & 16000K.

Chris

CoralVue

I wonder how big an area will the light cover. Guess ill have to wait till come out

The Razor Nano will cover a 24" x 24" area.

Chris

eddiecorrea

AquaNerd just posted an article stating:

They don't really mention a source, just wondering if they got a heads-up from you guys. Also i'm a bit bummed if it's true about the spectrum. I mean different corals need different strengths of light, meaning you won't be able to achieve a certain spectrum without bleaching/melting some corals :(

I was hoping for separate 8000k, 10000k, and 16000k models being released.

Pricing has been released for the Razor Nano $289.99. Available in three color temperatures 8000K, 10000K & 16000K.

Chris

CoralVue

There you go. Pretty good price. Still wanna see a few pictures or dimensions of the ballast. Being I don't have a stand(just a small equipment box) my space is EXTREMELY limited.

There you go. Pretty good price. Still wanna see a few pictures or dimensions of the ballast. Being I don't have a stand(just a small equipment box) my space is EXTREMELY limited.

I'll get you measurements and a photo when the samples arrive.

Chris

eddiecorrea

I'll get you measurements and a photo when the samples arrive.

Chris

Much appreciated. I'm really interested in one but the one Razor I saw in person briefly there was no way it would fit.

Nano sapiens

The Razor Nano will cover a 24" x 24" area.

Chris

Thanks for the info. What height would the fixture need to be to properly cover a 24" x 24' area?

My main concern is how high the fixture has to mounted to sufficiently cover particular area. I sit right next to the aquarium and I'm limited to about a 6" fixture height (from the water surface) to cover a 15" x 12" tank area. Much higher and I'll be blinded.

Jackal_Knight

Thanks for the info. What height would the fixture need to be to properly cover a 24" x 24' area?

My main concern is how high the fixture has to mounted to sufficiently cover particular area. I sit right next to the aquarium and I'm limited to about a 6" fixture height (from the water surface) to cover a 14" x 10" tank area. Much higher and I'll be blinded.

i would like to know this all so.

My main concern is how high the fixture has to mounted to sufficiently cover particular area. I sit right next to the aquarium and I'm limited to about a 6" fixture height (from the water surface) to cover a 15" x 12" tank area. Much higher and I'll be blinded.

At 12" from the water line the Razor Nano will cover a 24" x 24", at 6" it will cover a 20"x 20" area.

Chris

post-79038-0-00429300-1363052602_thumb.jpg

Nano sapiens

Hmmm, 5" would likely do the trick spread-wise for my 12g setup. I've seen the PAR graphs for the 160W and from that I can get a rough idea of the high intensity possible with this type of fixture on a relatively shallow cube. I can see running something like this at fairly low power (~30%) to avoid a coral barbeque and possibly ramp it up a bit from there.

Howard@Maxspect

The Meanwell power supply we're using for the R420R Nano measures 9.5"x4.5"x2".

We understand our customers mount these power supplies in a hot, humid and salty environment, so while these power supplies are larger than your average laptop power adapters, they are extremely robust and Meanwell are known for their excellent quality.

Can we get pictures of the power supply? The ungodly HUGE power supply is the only reason I don't have a 20" Razor over my current tank.

eddiecorrea

The Meanwell power supply we're using for the R420R Nano measures 9.5"x4.5"x2".

We understand our customers mount these power supplies in a hot, humid and salty environment, so while these power supplies are larger than your average laptop power adapters, they are extremely robust and Meanwell are known for their excellent quality.

Thanks for the measurements but too big. :(

This looks pretty interesting and the price isn't bad either. I wonder if they'll come out with a controller for it?

The controller is built in.

Thanks for the measurements but too big. :(

Why don't you get a new equipment box? That way you aren't limiting yourself with only certain fixtures? ;)

Archived